Page 35 of 120 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Probably trying to figure out where to place him. Even the solicit doesn't know.

Ghost-Maker is the current partner, Harley's cleaning out clowns, Selina and Jason have their own district, Oracle's leading Batgirls, Helena's over at Detective Comics, Duke's with the Outsiders, the Fox family are doing their thing together with Grifter is their bodyguard, Harper's facing Punchline and Dick has his own city.

(They really need to spread out more. Half of them should move to Bludhaven)

Without Young Justice since Conner's in Suicide Squad, Gotham Knights disbanded long ago and Steph joining Babs, Tim right now doesn't have a clear purpose. The Robin position at the moment is open, but Damian's using the book.

At least Tim has to face a new villain - that's better than someone from Batman's rogue gallery. But Tim is stuck in Gotham just like most other bat characters. I don't understand why DC isn't willing to give them all their own cities. It's really not that big of a deal and opens the door to infinitely bigger story potential. (Bludhaven isn't a solution either. It has the same problems as Gotham - and some more.) Gotham stories have lost their touch a while ago. Nothing ever changes except that things can get worse. People are dying and Batman is still fighting the same villains he has been fighting for the last eight decades.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    At least Tim has to face a new villain - that's better than someone from Batman's rogue gallery. But Tim is stuck in Gotham just like most other bat characters. I don't understand why DC isn't willing to give them all their own cities. It's really not that big of a deal and opens the door to infinitely bigger story potential. (Bludhaven isn't a solution either. It has the same problems as Gotham - and some more.) Gotham stories have lost their touch a while ago. Nothing ever changes except that things can get worse. People are dying and Batman is still fighting the same villains he has been fighting for the last eight decades.
    Dick did get his own city/his own thing separate from Bruce. The NTT and his original time in Bludhaven. Then the Bat office whined and got control over him ever since.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

DC did give some of them a place outside Gotham. Burnside is a Gotham district but it's so different it can be it's own city. Huntress went to Italy. I forget where Catwoman went after the break up, but it's outside of Gotham.

Harley is a weird one, because she has her own place in Coney Island and she's one of those who doesn't need to be close to Batman to be successful, she has her own genre. She doesn't have to be in Gotham.

So I think this is just what Tynion wants. He wants everyone to be close, and in the case of Harley, because he's not done using Joker and Punchline yet. Ivy's also in Gotham being a Queen, their story connect, plus Tynion is creating a new plant based villain... I can see him moving pawns on the board... so he wants Harley to be close by.

Bludhaven. Half of Dick fans want him to move on from there, because Dick actually succeeded cleaning Bludhaven the first time. If things went well, he would've married Babs and moved on. But then of course, the city got nuked and that development ignored.

Now, many years and a couple of reboots later, we're back at square one. The city survives, his old villains alive again, his relationship with Babs... exist... Like it's basically just reused because it's an iconic and familiar period of his life... and the other half of fandom like it because of that. The problem is because the Bat fam relatively keep all their history, it's an iconic period that he should already handled.

Jason I already mentioned what I want from him. The flashback of New 52 RHATO where he acts as a solo anti hero foiling smugglers and fighting mobs around the world while avoiding various government agencies and law enforcements trying to arrest him.

Tim is the one I don't know what to do because I'm not that familiar with the character. He left Gotham once but only to find Bruce. He grew up with the Bat fam of Alfred, Bruce, Dick, Cass, Helena, and Steph, and he has no reason to be separated from them, really, unless it's to go to college outside Gotham.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 03-13-2021 at 04:30 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-bars-a...dc-characters/

Crap, I hope this doesn't affects Dexter's drawings of Jason.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

He can still draw them, he just can't profit independently off it.

A big amount of the art he has done of Jason since he left the book have been commissions.

A big amount of the art he has done of Jason since he left the book have been commissions.
    Not just him. Most artists' income has a not small percentage of commissions in their mix. Not in Western Europe or North America, maybe. But in a lot more places. I thought USA had some kind of license for this matter, though?

If I understand correctly, the letter was only sent to freelance artists that turn art of DC characters into NFT (Non-Fungible Token) cryptocurrency. So currently, it's not an open letter to the whole artist community even though the letter also mentions art without NFT (to be honest, the NFT stuff still confuses me but that's generally a problem I have with cryptocurrency). Personally, I don't think DC/Warner Bros. actually cares about normal commissions. Their focus seems to be on the cryptocurrency.

I do hope too that this won't affect normal commissions by any artist. I'm especially still looking forward to Soy's Red Ronin project and waiting for a Kickstarter announcement.

Fanfictions are currently a real blessing. I'm still surprised how much I enjoy Give Thanks to Broken Bones by thepartyresponsible and Writing Destiny by lamesister (both works have been updated within the last few days, by the way - and it seems like "Writing Destiny" is entering a very promising story part). Normally I'm not a fan of crossovers - and I know nearly nothing about the Marvel universe - but the writing is so good. I still have no idea who Phil Coulson is though - but I think I'm already a fan of the character.
    Last edited by Sergard; 03-17-2021 at 02:36 PM.

Fanfictions are currently a real blessing. I'm still surprised how much I enjoy Give Thanks to Broken Bones by thepartyresponsible and Writing Destiny by lamesister (both works have been updated within the last few days, by the way - and it seems like "Writing Destiny" is entering a very promising story part). Normally I'm not a fan of crossovers - and I know nearly nothing about the Marvel universe - but the writing is so good. I still have no idea who Phil Coulson is though - but I think I'm already a fan of the character.
    Jason is too much a mary sue in Writing Destiny for me (and the reason I've stopped reading it). But it's a nice reading nevertheless.

This month's been a bit weak in the corner of the fics I usually read. But I still follow a few of them every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Jason is too much a mary sue in Writing Destiny for me (and the reason I've stopped reading it). But it's a nice reading nevertheless.

This month's been a bit weak in the corner of the fics I usually read. But I still follow a few of them every week.
    I still have a long list of fanfictions that I want to read. So far, I've only reached From Now On Chapter 22 by little_wayward_bird and I'm committed to read it completely. I like the overall story of Jason finally getting a civilian life, protecting street kids and helping out at orphanages. Some parts are extremely cheesy though and some dialogues are way too long or don't fit right (That's not how children talk.) but I still like the overall direction - and I like the original characters (I rarely like original characters in fanfictions).
    Last edited by Sergard; 03-17-2021 at 03:01 PM.

I still have a long list of fanfictions that I want to read. So far, I've only reached From Now On Chapter 22 by little_wayward_bird and I'm committed to read it completely. I like the overall story of Jason finally getting a civilian life, protecting street kids and helping out at orphanages. Some parts are extremely cheesy though and some dialogues are way too long or don't fit right (That's not how children talk.) but I still like the overall direction - and I like the original characters (and I rarely like original characters in fanfictions).
    From Now On just had too many main OCs for me.

As for other fanfics; barring certain exceptions (in for a pound series being one), I just can't bring myself to read any more Bat Family fluff. Like Dick being the caring big brother (to Jason), and Bruce and Jason never at odds. That kind of thing. Though, I did come across one where it makes a slight change to issue 25 of the Rebirth series; Bizarro's door, when it absorbs stuff, also ends up creating other portals (temporary ones) that scoop up Jason and several others and promptly drops Jason (at least) into the MHA universe. With Bizz and Artemis stuck in a different universe altogether.

When Life Gives You Lemons, You Give Life C4.

It updates periodically. And no, Jason is not shipped with anyone from the MHA universe. In fact, one little aspect that happened a little later in the Rebirth series is explored upon here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    From Now On just had too many main OCs for me.

As for other fanfics; barring certain exceptions (in for a pound series being one), I just can't bring myself to read any more Bat Family fluff. Like Dick being the caring big brother (to Jason), and Bruce and Jason never at odds. That kind of thing. Though, I did come across one where it makes a slight change to issue 25 of the Rebirth series; Bizarro's door, when it absorbs stuff, also ends up creating other portals (temporary ones) that scoop up Jason and several others and promptly drops Jason (at least) into the MHA universe. With Bizz and Artemis stuck in a different universe altogether.

When Life Gives You Lemons, You Give Life C4.

It updates periodically. And no, Jason is not shipped with anyone from the MHA universe. In fact, one little aspect that happened a little later in the Rebirth series is explored upon here.
    I generally don't read a lot of bat family stuff anymore. But sometimes it's nice to read fanfictions in which everyone gets called out on their BS - especially all the crappy and nasty stuff the bat members have committed in the past that DC likes to ignore. Not even Alfred is save.

How much do I need to know about the MHA universe to understand the story?
    Last edited by Sergard; 03-18-2021 at 01:22 PM.

I generally don't read a lot of bat family stuff anymore. But sometimes it's nice to read fanfictions in which everyone gets called out on their BS - especially all the crappy and nasty stuff the bat members have committed in the past that DC likes to ignore. Not even Alfred is save.

How much do I need to know about the MHA universe to understand the story?
    It does a decent job. Though, even for me, I still pop up the MHA wikia to remind myself who is who on occasion.

Solicits are out

Batman: Urban Legends #4
    written by Chip Zdarsky, Matthew Rosenberg,
    Meghan Fitzmartin, and Camrus Johnson
    art by Eddy Barrows, Ryan Benjamin,
    Marcus To, and Belén Ortega
    cover by Jorge Molina
    variant cover by Irvin Rodriguez
    variant cover by Dustin Nguyen
    ON SALE 6/8/2021
    $7.99 US | 64 PAGES | FC | Prestige | DC
    —The penultimate chapter of the Grifter story is here! Grifter’s walking a deadly line between Lucius Fox and Halo’s plan...can he survive the endgame? Oh, and yeah, now Superman is after him!
    —As old wounds threaten to sabotage Batman and Red Hood’s investigation into the Cheerdrop drug turning Gotham City upside down, they run afoul of Gotham’s coldest criminal, MR. FREEZE! And the force behind the Cheerdrops will be banking on the former dynamic duo’s demise...
    —TIM DRAKE has returned to the streets of Gotham City and is seeking a new purpose, but what he finds is a string of young adult kidnappings committed by someone known only as “the Chaos Monster.” will Tim be able to get to the root of the kidnappings, or will he fall prey to them? Critically acclaimed Future State Robin Eternal writer Meghan Fitzmartin returns to tell this Tim Drake story with rising star artist Belén Ortega.
    —Acclaimed creator and actor Camrus Johnson writes an action-packed story featuring Luke Fox—the character he portrays on the CW’s hit television series Batwoman!

Future State: Gotham #2
    written by Joshua Williamson AND
    Dennis Culver
    art by Giannis Milonogiannis
    cover by LADRÖNN
    card stock variant cover by Derrick Chew
    ON SALE 6/8/2021
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant cover $4.99 US | FC | DC
    Tragedy has brought Gotham City to its knees. Countless people are dead, seemingly at the hands of the Next Batman. Gotham demands justice, and Red Hood has vowed to answer their call. Even if that means beating his way through Nightwing and the rest of the Bat-Family to do it.

And for those wondering what's up with Roy

Infinite Frontier #1
    written by Joshua Williamson
    art by Xermanico
    cover by Mitch Gerads
    card stock variant cover by Bryan Hitch
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | 1 (OF 6) | FC | DC
    DC ON SALE 6/22/2021
    When our heroes saved the Muliverse from Perpetua in Dark Nights: Death Metal, everything was put back where it belonged...and we do mean everything. All the damage from all the Crises was undone, and heroes long thought gone returned from whatever exile they had been in. Most of them, at least. Alan Scott, the Green Lantern from the Justice Society of America, has noticed some of his allies are still missing in action, and he’s determined to find them. There are others, though, who would rather remain hidden than explain themselves, like Roy Harper, a.k.a. Arsenal, a man who should be dead but now is not. Plus, what does all this mean for the DCU’s place in the Multiverse? On opposite sides of a dimensional divide, both Barry Allen and President Superman ponder this question. Not to mention the Darkseid of it all! Or a team of Multiversal heroes called Justice Incarnate!

Infinite Frontier: Secret Files #1
    written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON, BRANDON
    THOMAS, STEPHANIE PHILLIPS, and DAN
    WATTERS
    art by INAKI MIRANDA, VALENTINE DE
    LANDRO, STEPHEN BYRNE, and more.
    cover by BRYAN HITCH
    ON SALE 6/29/2021
    $9.99 US | 80 PAGES | Prestige | FC | DC
    Are you ready for the new Infinite Frontier series? Do you have the lowdown on all the characters? If not, this print edition of the digital–first Secret Files series will tell you everything you’re dying to know. Take a look inside Director Bones personal database for stories featuring Jade and Obsidian, the children of the original Green Lantern; Psycho–Pirate, the scourge of many a Crisis on many an Earth; President Superman, the Mutliverse’s ultimate beacon of hope; Roy Harper, back from the dead; and just who are the Totality…?! Featuring six stories in print for the very first time!

Is getting harder and harder to care for anything of this.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 03-18-2021 at 02:33 PM.