Page 36 of 120 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I wonder how long we'll have to wait until we finally get some stories that aren't overcrowded with bat characters. Two years feels like a good guess.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Denis Medri shared this sample page of Jason in his Outlaw look. I wish the editorial would've stuck with Medri's design as long as they've stuck with the MK ripoff costume.

Also, I know that either Dexter or Kenneth are everyone's picks as the series' best artists but I think that Medri's work is severely underrated.

https://twitter.com/DenisMedri/statu...35463095816201

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

So was Jason part of Alfred's will? I just read the recent Nightwing, and saw that he was given money. Just wondering about Jason.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    So was Jason part of Alfred's will? I just read the recent Nightwing, and saw that he was given money. Just wondering about Jason.
    The will was read off screen during Pennyworth RIP, mentioned as part of the procedure, but didn't mention any details. As far as I know the current Nightwing is the only one that bring it up again, since Dick was Ric the first time it was read.

Why is Alfred still dead? Even Roy is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Why is Alfred still dead? Even Roy is back.
    Tynion wants to explore Basic Bruce. No Manor, no butler.

Over at Damian thread peeps have been speculating that Damian's entering Lazarus League Tournament because the prize is access to Lazarus to revive Alfred

Truth & Justice Chapter #11 is out.

Trapped in his own nightmare, Red Hood battles against the Bat-Family and his former selves. Can he find a way to make his terrors work for him or will be trapped in his fears forever?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Okay Ducra

Here I come

L'Arena by Ennio Morricone starts playing at 1:30 mark

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Okay Ducra

Here I come

L'Arena by Ennio Morricone starts playing at 1:30 mark

Fitting.
    Never made the connection, but to be honest, Jason whole story seems like out of a Tarantino film.

(Damn Ennio, we will miss you)
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-20-2021 at 09:52 AM.

I am surprised that this is the first time DC lets Jason revisit his "alive in a coffin" moment.

I am not surprised that Jason is determined to get out. There is probably not a single DC character who can even come close to Jason's preparedness to escape a coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    From Now On just had too many main OCs for me.

As for other fanfics; barring certain exceptions (in for a pound series being one), I just can't bring myself to read any more Bat Family fluff. Like Dick being the caring big brother (to Jason), and Bruce and Jason never at odds. That kind of thing. Though, I did come across one where it makes a slight change to issue 25 of the Rebirth series; Bizarro's door, when it absorbs stuff, also ends up creating other portals (temporary ones) that scoop up Jason and several others and promptly drops Jason (at least) into the MHA universe. With Bizz and Artemis stuck in a different universe altogether.

When Life Gives You Lemons, You Give Life C4.

It updates periodically. And no, Jason is not shipped with anyone from the MHA universe. In fact, one little aspect that happened a little later in the Rebirth series is explored upon here.
    I tend to avoid fanfiction for the most part since anything related to Jason tends to go down the shipping route but this one is surprisingly well written. I am familiar with MHA and I've always wondered how a Bat would fare in that universe so this immediately caught my attention. Jason is a tad angrier for my liking but otherwise the characterization is spot on and even though the author can't help but get a little preachy regarding certain aspects of MHA, overall is one of the best fanfics I've read so far. Thanks for the recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I tend to avoid fanfiction for the most part since anything related to Jason tends to go down the shipping route but this one is surprisingly well written. I am familiar with MHA and I've always wondered how a Bat would fare in that universe so this immediately caught my attention. Jason is a tad angrier for my liking but otherwise the characterization is spot on and even though the author can't help but get a little preachy regarding certain aspects of MHA, overall is one of the best fanfics I've read so far.
    Oh, I tried reading it, but couldn't pass forward chapter one. It's stylistic nitpick, but for me it reads a bit too much like a hobbyist piece. Also a bit like teen lit (like japanese light novels), but I guess that's to be expected if the MHA reading base is the target (well, I do read that manga, but, I'm an old person and it shows). I have the same problem with most of the TT fics, and with the miraculus fics that I tried to start (and many YA lit books). I'm definitely not the intended target.

Nice to know you guys are enjoying it. I'll add it to the list next time I update it for sure, alongside with the others mentioned. If those works catch people here to read them, it has to be added there.

I, too, thank you for the rec, @Jackal
    Last edited by Zaresh; 03-20-2021 at 09:05 PM.

Since I don't think I saw it mentioned here: Gotham Knights has been delayed to 2022.

Expected, but still bums me out. Especially since this year will be pretty empty for me regarding videogames, as the stuff I'm most excited for (FF XVI, GoW, Elden Ring) is most likely 2022. Oh, well.

In any case, since it's tangentially related, I watched the Snydercut. Far from being an amazing film or the DC universe I'd like to see in film, it was miles better than the TC (not a great achievement, sure) and definitely a very fun movie despite its hefty length and with a lot heart.

But I was reminded once more of Dick being the killed Robin instead of Jason :/ Not that we'll ever see that, since Ben will be out come the Flash movie.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    Since I don't think I saw it mentioned here: Gotham Knights has been delayed to 2022.

Expected, but still bums me out. Especially since this year will be pretty empty for me regarding videogames, as the stuff I'm most excited for (FF XVI, GoW, Elden Ring) is most likely 2022. Oh, well.

In any case, since it's tangentially related, I watched the Snydercut. Far from being an amazing film or the DC universe I'd like to see in film, it was miles better than the TC (not a great achievement, sure) and definitely a very fun movie despite its hefty length and with a lot heart.

But I was reminded once more of Dick being the killed Robin instead of Jason :/ Not that we'll ever see that, since Ben will be out come the Flash movie.
    The Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster is coming out in May.

I just read T&J #11

The few hopes I had for the story went down the drain with this. And unfortunately, Tremell is another of those fans that just can't let go of the unstable and stagnant take of Jason from the pre-N52 days and just want to rehash "cool" moments even if those just keep becoming dumber and overplayed every time they get revisited. There's absolutely no reason to drag back the absolute mess that was BFTC or to only take the negatives from Jason's brief stint in Countdown as Red Robin. Like, why would you willingly go back to the worst period of the character?

At this rate I will have to look at fanfiction rather than to see editorial mishandle Jason's character for the nth time.