Page 60 of 120 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110 ... LastLast

Jason potentially leading a new team called Task Force Z?

Detective Comics solicit looks exciting!

The solicits are out?

Edit: Oh, just read it. Interesting that we have been talking about redemption and DC suddenly announce a book about Jason redeeming himself. I really hope they do it well this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Harley Quinn has done enough Suicide Squad missions to receive an official pardon - that's good enough for me and more than anything Jason was ever allowed to accomplish. Furthermore, Harley's case is far less severe than Jason's. If other characters in the DC universe can't forgive and accept that Harley has done enough to redeem herself, how is Jason supposed to ever achieve that status?

Writers could have used Batman "told him to" or wanted to be a good example to the person he is in charge of as a base and change Jason's worldview in a better direction without resorting to Jason killing/wanting to kill somebody. Jason being obsessed with Barbara/Joker or Batman breathing down his neck won't lead to any genuine attempts at redemption.
    I find it quite interesting that you think Jason is worse than Harley, but you do you.

He could (tho, I certainly prefer him to decide this out of his own, not because of or for someone), but AU books aren't what one expect to see this happen.
    Last edited by Rise; 05-25-2021 at 09:44 AM.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Amazing Member

Any link of the solicit?

Here

And it's by Rosenberg nonetheless (where is Zaresh? they are going to be really happy about this). The guy seems to care sbout Jason so I'm really hopeful.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Here

And it's by Rosenberg nonetheless (where is Zaresh? they are going to be really happy about this). The guy seems to care sbout Jason so I'm really hopeful.
    Rosenberg on Red Hood would be amazing.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

So they really are taking the "brilliant" approach of throwing in the trash the 9 plus years of character development that Jason had. Especially when Infinite Frontier is being sold as "everything is canon".

What the hell DC.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 05-25-2021 at 10:44 AM.

Spectacular Member

Harley Quinn has done enough Suicide Squad missions to receive an official pardon - that's good enough for me and more than anything Jason was ever allowed to accomplish. Furthermore, Harley's case is far less severe than Jason's. If other characters in the DC universe can't forgive and accept that Harley has done enough to redeem herself, how is Jason supposed to ever achieve that status?

Writers could have used Batman "told him to" or wanted to be a good example to the person he is in charge of as a base and change Jason's worldview in a better direction without resorting to Jason killing/wanting to kill somebody. Jason being obsessed with Barbara/Joker or Batman breathing down his neck won't lead to any genuine attempts at redemption.

Um Jason never had to ask forgiveness because he died a child hero. When he came back before the new 52 it seem the whole community knew who red hood was and basically made excuse for him between Clark telling jimmy Jason was going thru somethings as jimmy watch him kill a bunch of ninjas and Ollie saying Bruce terrible parenting coming to bite them all in the butt. Jason is just the hero community black sheep they'll talk about him but will vouch for him

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    So they really are taking the "brilliant" approach of throwing in the trash the 9 plus years of character development that Jason had. Especially when Infinite Frontier is being sold as "everything is canon".

What the hell DC.
    Where in the solicits do you see anything that might sugest that?
    From what I read, it only says he is going to be investigating some missing bodies with another character.
    There is nothing that might indicate status regression, change or continuation for that matter. I doubt they are going to reset everything, but new writers usually do their thing and don't focus too much on what was past. Even the batman comics are that way.
    Frankly we have had a decade of the same writer on him, lets see some different takes on the guy. We already had some that were bad, others that were good and others that were just meh. Nightwing also went through a nightmarish couple of years until Taylor taking the steer and look at the comic now.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

What the hell DC.
    Black Label books aren't in continuity. Plus, it might depict Red Hood when he was first starting out, before any char development.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Is "The Countdown to Task Force Z" in continuity or a prequel to the black label title?

All-New Member

Is "The Countdown to Task Force Z" in continuity or a prequel to the black label title?
    It's going to appear in detective comics, so I think its going to be in continuity

Amazing Member

Rosenberg writing Red Hood with Darick and Diego on art (Love their work in Legends of the Dark Knight last week) will be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Here

I.
    KNEW.
    IT.

OHHHH, I KNEW IT. Oh, godness. I need to go kiss someone. I'm right now a very, very pleased girl.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I wonder if DC’s current plan is to give him a proper redemption story that new52/Rebirth skipped over.

Despite Hood not having his own book (yet), I really do like how much RH content we’ve gotten since IF started.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I wonder if DC’s current plan is to give him a proper redemption story that new52/Rebirth skipped over.

Despite Hood not having his own book (yet), I really do like how much RH content we’ve gotten since IF started.
    They're betting on him and it seems to be working. I hope it lasts strong enough to give us a regular series again.

I have not slept yet and terrible news seem to come home in a bunch of hours from now. This was meant to be a good week, turns out is going to be an even worse one. I just want some good luck, damn it.