Page 61 of 120 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Hope things get better for you.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Hope things get better for you.
    Thank you. I really hope so. I'll let you guys know the moment it turns better. You don't have to worry because of my anxiety showing out of the left field, and if I slipped it's most probably because I really, really need to vent somehow, even if it's a little, tame bit.

Jason's news at least lighted my mood a little.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-26-2021 at 02:50 AM.

Don't worry about venting. It's better for you to let it out instead of botltling it up and we are here for you anytime you want to do it.
    “Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving.”
    – Dale Carnegie

Well well, I wasn't expecting a backup by Rosenberg featuring Red Hood, but I'm certainly very intrigued.

Task Force Z huh? With the solicitation mentioning corpses, I wonder if that Z is going to stand for Zombies. I'm curious to see if this backup will spin out into an ongoing book with Jason in the future, or if he's just here as a guest star considering he's only mentioned in the second issue. Either way though, this is now another book featuring Jason to add to the pile. That makes August a month with four different books featuring Jason in some way or another. Sure, the lack of an ongoing has been disappointing, but at least the sheer amount of titles all back to back right now is quite encouraging to see.

Also @Zaresh, I hope things improve for you very soon.

They said the arc is countdown to task force z, I feel it's obvious that it's going to lead to a book.

The real question is whether Zdarsky's story will lead to this or if it ls going to be its own thing.
    – Dale Carnegie

They said the arc is countdown to task force z, I feel it's obvious that it's going to lead to a book.
    Sure, but it's hard to say for now whether it's leading to a book that will actually be starring Jason, or if he is just a guest star in the backup/prologue for this new book. I'd love to see an ongoing Red Hood title with Rosenberg, but right now between Urban Legends and Future State Gotham, Jason also seems to be the go to bat character to use as an 'opening act' for these new books, which honestly is quite an encouraging thing to see happening. I'm hopeful, but I don't want to get my hopes up until we hear something more concrete, for now though, it's still another book in August featuring Jason, so it's still a win/win in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Thank you. I really hope so. I'll let you guys know the moment it turns better. You don't have to worry because of my anxiety showing out of the left field, and if I slipped it's most probably because I really, really need to vent somehow, even if it's a little, tame bit.

Jason's news at least lighted my mood a little.
    As Rise has said; we're here. Vent if you need to.

Urban is an anthology and it was clear from the beginning that FS: Gotham will be about various bat characters. I feel that they wouldn't have Jason in this back up if they weren't planning to make him lead the new team.

Personally, I'm aganist the idea of on-goings and I would have much preferred if Jason got a maxi series.
    Last edited by Rise; 05-26-2021 at 04:52 AM.
    – Dale Carnegie

So....
    So I didn't have to wait a lot to tell good news, ha ha.
    And here I come, with good news. God, I'm so freaking happy right now. Good news.

My life is like a roller-coaster.
    Oh, my god.
    (I've got a job, and I'll work as a librarian eventually. My job)

The Z standing for Zombie makes sense if we're going towards some kind of event regarding black lanterns. Which has something to do with Roy, if I'm not remembering bits about that wrong. Promising.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-26-2021 at 05:13 AM. Reason: man, false friends are a thing when you're nervous

Urban is an anthology and it was clear from the beginning that FS: Gotham will be about various bat characters. I feel that they wouldn't have Jason in this back up if they weren't planning to make him lead the new team.

Personally, I'm aganist the idea of on-goings and I would have much preferred if Jason got a maxi series.
    A Maxi series would be great too, like at least a 12 issue series.

So....
    So I didn't have to wait a lot to tell good news, ha ha.
    And here I come, with good news. God, I'm so freaking happy right now. Good news.

My life is like a roller-coaster.
    Oh, my god.
    (I've got a job, and I'll work as a librarian eventually. My job)
    That's really good to hear, congrats.

The Z standing for Zombie makes sense if we're going towards some kind of event regarding black lanterns. Which has something to do with Roy, if I'm not remembering bits about that wrong. Promising.
    A black lantern event? Has something like that been indicated in the comics or solicitations?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    A black lantern event? Has something like that been indicated in the comics or solicitations?
    People were speculating about it after IF0, I think. Don't remember where or why, but they were wondering if Roy's teased powers have to do with it.

From Matthew's newsletter (it's not wrong if I post it, right? Totally missed the announcement there when I found it in my mailbox, and it was almost at the beginning of it):

Because a town like Gotham has a lot of good uses for a corpse… TASK FORCE Z!

Starting in August comics legend (I don’t use the term lightly) Darick Robertson, myself, and Diego Rodriguez begin down THE ROAD TO TASK FORCE Z. Who are they? What do they want? How does Jason Todd fit in? You’ll have to pick up DETECTIVE COMICS #1041 and #1042 to find out. With a main story by the amazing team of Mariko Tamaki and Dan Mora, it’s already a must read book. But now? Now you double must read it.

I can’t say much because I don’t want to spoil anything and because my wonderful editors Paul Kaminski and Dave Wielgosz will kill me. I’m not that scared of Paul. But Dave is from Massachusetts and I don’t need to get hit with a bottle and have my shirt pulled over me head for this. But I think I can say that we are beginning a very screwed up and very fun story that will focus on a couple of my favorite characters in all of DC. Bring a shovel.
    I think we can confirm it has to do with "buried" and/or dead people. So zombies is definitely possible. Also, it seems to be a fun story, so no grim punisher-esque mood.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 05-26-2021 at 10:16 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trt-R5 View Post
    Where in the solicits do you see anything that might sugest that?
    From what I read, it only says he is going to be investigating some missing bodies with another character.
    There is nothing that might indicate status regression, change or continuation for that matter. I doubt they are going to reset everything, but new writers usually do their thing and don't focus too much on what was past. Even the batman comics are that way.
    Frankly we have had a decade of the same writer on him, lets see some different takes on the guy. We already had some that were bad, others that were good and others that were just meh. Nightwing also went through a nightmarish couple of years until Taylor taking the steer and look at the comic now.
    From the DC press release

THE JURY IS IN FOR BATMAN IN DETECTIVE COMICS 1041 AND 1042
    On sale August 10th and August 24th
    Plus, Jason Todd’s redemption arc ramps up on the road to TASK FORCE Z.
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...-1041-and-1042

How many times are they going to sell the "Jason's redemption" story arc? Is this going to be Jason's "Knightfall"?

And you're misunderstanding me, I don't say no one but Lobdell must write Jason, I'm saying that any writer that handles Jason should build their stories up what Lobdell did and not write him as he just went through Under the Red Hood, ignoring everything that happened in between. Anytime a new writer comes to Batman they keep the previous' writer's status quo at least in the broadest of the strokes and not go back to Batman having to earn Gordon's trust and brooding because his parents are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Black Label books aren't in continuity. Plus, it might depict Red Hood when he was first starting out, before any char development.
    Road to Task Force is not part of Black Label

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Batman: Urban Legends #6
    story by CHIP ZDARSKY, JOSHUA WILLIAMSON, MEGHAN FITZMARTIN, AND MATTHEW ROSENBERG
    art by EDDY BARROWS, MARCUS TO, TREVOR HAIRSINE, BELÉN ORTEGA, AND CHRIS SPROUSE
    cover by NICOLA SCOTT
    ON SALE: 8/10/21 $7.99 US | 64 PAGES | FC | DC
    Prestige Format
    variants by: JAY ANACLETO AND EJIKURE

Red Hood: The epic "Cheer" story line reaches its conclusion, and Red Hood's alliance with Batman will be forever changed. Will the former Dynamic Duo get the Cheerdrop drug off the streets for good? Or will they forever be at the mercy of the villain who created it? And will Red Hood find a new home for Tyler, the boy he's sworn to protect?
    Tim Drake: Tim Drake is in the den of the Chaos Monsters with the other kidnapped teenagers of Gotham City. In order to free himself and the other teens, Tim will have to embrace help from his friend Bernard and hear something about himself he never knew. A brand-new chapter of Tim Drake's life starts here, and you won't want to miss it!
    Black Canary: Oracle locates some Batman weaponry, missing since The Joker War, and calls in her old friend Dinah Lance to help retrieve it! Fists will fly, the Canary will scream, and a stunning new mission begins. The ending will leave readers in shock and awe!
    Zealot: The HALO Corporation sent their top field agent, code name Zealot, to hunt Maxwell Lord. But the villain has a guardian angel in the form of...Wonder Woman?! A throw down for the ages will ensue!

Robin #5

Story by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    Art by GLEB MELNIKOV
    Cover by JORGE CORONA
    ON SALE: 8/24/21
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    variant by Francis Manapul
    Price $4.99 US (Card Stock)

Robin reunion! Nightwing, Red Hood, Tim Drake, and Spoiler guest-star as they track Damian down with a plan to bring the young hero back to Gotham. Back to his family. But the son of Batman plans to win the Lazarus Tournament and refuses to return. What starts as a happy reunion quickly turns into a Robin rumble!

Suicide Squad: Get Joker! #2

story by BRIAN AZZARELLO
    art by ALEX MALEEV & MATT HOLLINGSWORTH
    cover by ALEX MALEEV
    ON SALE 9/7/21
    $6.99 US | 48 PAGES | FC | DC
    card stock variant cover by JORGE FORNES Black Label | Prestige Plus | 8 1/2" x 10 7/8"
    17+

After turning the tables on the Suicide Squad, The Joker gained control of the device that could detonate the bomb implanted in each of the team members' heads. Now forced to do The Joker's bidding, Red Hood, Harley, and the rest of Task Force X find themselves hunted by a newly formed Squad with a single mission: kill the previous Squad and take over hunting The Joker.

Plus the already revealed backups in Detective. Future State is all about Harley, no idea what happened there, I thought Jason's story would be six issues long.

Every day I hate more the Sub Zero costume.
    Editorial needs to make up their damn minds, is Jason working with the Batfamily or not?
    Get the Joker went to hell pretty damn fast.