Page 67 of 120 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1797

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    The Road to Task Force Z sounds more like Jason is going to end up on a team book.
    So far from what we know, the name 'Task Force Z' has already been referred to in 'Future State: Suicide Squad #1', it's only a short segment in the comic, but in it Amanda Waller shows Connor a lab where she keeps the bodies of the deceased Crime Syndicate and refers to them as Task Force Z, claiming that she could still have use for them one day with the help of a Black Lantern ring that is in her possession. Can't say for sure of course, but it certainly could be connected, especially with the theme of corpses that is apparently in this upcoming back up story as well. Regardless, it's still hard to say how much this back up story will expand (if it does) and how much relevance Jason will have in it overall.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Or could simply be the title of a new story arc for Detective. Having preludes to hype upcoming stories is pretty common.
    Is this what happened to the other back-ups (besides the Robin story)?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    So far from what we know, the name 'Task Force Z' has already been referred to in 'Future State: Suicide Squad #1', it's only a short segment in the comic, but in it Amanda Waller shows Connor a lab where she keeps the bodies of the deceased Crime Syndicate and refers to them as Task Force Z, claiming that she could still have use for them one day with the help of a Black Lantern ring that is in her possession. Can't say for sure of course, but it certainly could be connected, especially with the theme of corpses that is apparently in this upcoming back up story as well. Regardless, it's still hard to say how much this back up story will expand (if it does) and how much relevance Jason will have in it overall.
    Is it only the Crime Syndicate? The solicitation for part 2 mentions the missing body of Bane (I wasn't even aware that Bane is dead.). Maybe it's Bane that will end up on Task Force Z.

On the other hand, the DC article mentions "Jason Todd’s redemption arc ramps up on the road to TASK FORCE Z." Of course, the article could be misleading but at first glance is seems like Jason's story will continue after the back-up - at least somewhere. Although this part

Also starting in the pages of Detective Comics this August: The Countdown to Task Force Z…. because in a town like Gotham, there are a lot of good uses for a corpse. Don’t miss the beginning of a new, terrifying chapter for Gotham City’s criminal underworld.
    sounds more like Dark is right and everything is only a promotion for the next Detective Comics arc.

Is it only the Crime Syndicate? The solicitation for part 2 mentions the missing body of Bane (I wasn't even aware that Bane is dead.). Maybe it's Bane that will end up on Task Force Z.
    Well in the 'Future State Suicide Squad' story, it is only the deceased Crime Syndicate that is referred to by Waller as 'Task Force Z', though of course like all of Future State, this story is set in a far off future with it's own timeline, so it's difficult to tell how much relevance this will have in current comics, whether the Task Force Z of the present will be made up of the Crime Syndicate, or of entirely different members, or a mixture of both.

I've finally updated the Upcoming Appearances section on page 1. Did I miss something?

[...]

Upcoming Appearances:

In comics:

• Future State: Gotham written by Joshua Williamson and Dennis Culver, with art by Giannis Milonogiannis
    • Batman: Urban Legends (Anthology): Batman/Red Hood written by Chip Zdarsky, with art by Eddy Barrows
    • Suicide Squad: Get Joker! written by Brian Azzarello, with art by Alex Maleev
    • Batman: White Knight universe written/drawn by Sean Murphy
    • The Road to Task Force Z - back-up in Detective Comics #1041 and #1042, written by Matthew Rosenberg, with art by Darick Robertson
    • Titans United written by Cavan Scott, with art by Jose Luis

Past comic appearances (in 2021)

• Future State: Dark Detective #2 and #4: The Red Hood written by Joshua Williamson, with art by Giannis Milonogiannis
    • Truth & Justice #4 written by Jeff Trammell, with art by Rob Guillory (digital first release)

Other media:
    • Gotham Knights game (delayed until 2022)
    • Titans (TV series), season 3
    • XM Red Hood (Samurai Series) 1/4 Premium Collectibles Statue by XM Studios
    • McFarlane Toys DC MULTIVERSE - Red Hood Unmasked (Gold Label)
    • McFarlane Toys DC MULTIVERSE Batman Three Jokers - Red Hood
    • Batman: Arkham Knight Amazing Yamaguchi Revoltech No.24 Arkham Knight Action Figure

[...]

I've finally updated the Upcoming Appearances section on page 1. Did I miss something?
    Robin #5 and the Robins tittle that will most probably be released at some point.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Also the McFarlane figure based on a videogame appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Robin #5 and the Robins tittle that will most probably be released at some point.
    Added. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Also the McFarlane figure based on a videogame appearance.
    Thank you. I had completely forgotten about this figure.

I've also added Batman: Urban Legends Vol 1, which will collect the Batman/Red Hood story by Zdarsky and Rosenberg's Grifter story.

Wasn't there also a Hush figure? One that came with an interchangeable Jason head and R symbol?

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Wasn't there also a Hush figure? One that came with an interchangeable Jason head and R symbol?
    You're right. Batman: Hush MAFEX No.133 Hush

I forgot completely about that one.

New Titans Teaser dropped. Looks like that Jason doesn't just don the Red Hood moniker for nothing. Looks like another form of Death in the Family + UTRH. How well it will be done, hard to say. But with Titans' darker overall tone, it won't stick out so badly like it did in The Adventure Continues.

The teaser in question

They also confirmed that Titans United will be a 7-issue mini.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 06-17-2021 at 09:51 AM.

Extraordinary Member

This should be a big season for him

I guess the red hood spin-off is in the works
    https://t.co/usRS3n5FvP
    Last edited by Rac7d*; 06-17-2021 at 10:18 AM.

Considering how much this supposed 'Titans' show has been riding hard on the hype for Red Hood, I would have preferred to have an actual Red Hood series completely unrelated to Titans. The show looks pretty good and the actors are decent enough but the writing and development has been awful thus far, a disappointing place to have Jason's first live action appearance. Hopefully this third season will be better, but after the utter mess that was season two, I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    New Titans Teaser dropped. Looks like that Jason doesn't just don the Red Hood moniker for nothing. Looks like another form of Death in the Family + UTRH. How well it will be done, hard to say. But with Titans' darker overall tone, it won't stick out so badly like it did in The Adventure Continues.
    I think I heard that Jason was teaming up with scarecrow, so there may be a bit of an Arkham Knight influence here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    This should be a big season for him

I guess the red hood spin-off is in the works
    https://t.co/usRS3n5FvP
    Hoping for Outlaws style series.

Curran Walters certainly can steal the scene as Jason, but he still looks kind of reedy for Red Hood Jason.