Page 68 of 120 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1797

I hate saying this, but I really can't see my usual image of adult Jason in Curran, even if he's clearly a good actor and does a good job at bringing a young, angrier Robin to life. The helmet looks too big too

In any case, I don't know how popular Titans is, but I'm at least happy Red Hood and Jason Todd are going beyond comics and videogames. That could be good for the character to become more popular and bring more people in.

Also, it obviously won't happen, but oh, how I wish Pattinson's Batman had an Under the Red Hood movie adaptation down the line, as he's a phenomenal actor and the people behind are too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    They also confirmed that Titans United will be a 7-issue mini.
    Where? I can't find this info.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Where? I can't find this info.
    DC has announced it on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    DC has announced it on Twitter.
    Thanks!

10char

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

They also confirmed that Titans United will be a 7-issue mini.
    Strange, the price and release date of the initial listing gave the impression that it would be a one off graphic novel.

By the way, does anyone know when solicitations will be released this month?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    I hate saying this, but I really can't see my usual image of adult Jason in Curran, even if he's clearly a good actor and does a good job at bringing a young, angrier Robin to life. The helmet looks too big too
    Yeah. The characteristics of an actor that work so good for Robin don't necessarily would work for Red Hood.

The same could have happened to Nightwing, but they choose an actor that would fit that role (even if he started as Robin).

This one is for the people who hate the Mortal Kombat Mask!
    Not gonna lie, Jason looks out of place here. But i'm guessing they are trying to capitalize around the buzz of the Tv show's new season.

Extraordinary Member

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    This one is for the people who hate the Mortal Kombat Mask!
    Not gonna lie, Jason looks out of place here. But i'm guessing they are trying to capitalize around the buzz of the Tv show's new season.

I wouldn't mind if they picked that costume to replace the MK, taking the hoodie from the show and putting it on the Rebirth costume works surprisingly well. then again, I always liked when Jason had a hoodie. And thank God they aren't using the angry penguin logo.

EDIT:
    I thought Jason was shooting his guns and the glow were from the blasts but in a closer look, he's actually wielding the All-Blades. AWESOME.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 06-18-2021 at 09:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post

DETECTIVE COMICS #1043
    Story by MARIKO TAMAKI
    Art by DAN MORA
    Backup story by MATTHEW ROSENBERG
    Backup art by DARICK ROBERTSON
    Cover by DAN MORA
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
    Variant cover by LEE BERMEJO
    $5.99 US (Card Stock)
    1:25 Variant by KAEL NGU
    $5.99 US (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 9/28/21

Fear State grips Gotham City! When Mayor Nakano's city hall office finds itself under siege, the only hero who can help the embattled local official is the man Nakano pledged to rid from Gotham: Batman. The top vigilante in the city must protect the man who's fought so hard to put an end to masked heroes in an action-packed car chase that culminates in a shocking ending that'll give readers nightmares.

Backup: Wait, how did Red Hood end up in Deb Donovan's apartment? And what the hell gives him the right to eat all her frosted cereal? As Gotham's troubled son and the city's toughest reporter set out to uncover the mystery of the missing A-Day corpses, they run into more answers than they bargained for culminating in a deadly shoot out that renders Red Hood down for the count! Can Deb Donovan make it out alive to tell the tale of her harrowing adventure? And what will Red Hood's capture mean for the Bat-Family? It all leads to next month's terrifying new chapter in Gotham history: TASK FORCE Z!
    Seems like Task Force Z is indeed just the new story arc of Detective and going by the solicit, I expect Jason to spend most of the story captured.

SUICIDE SQUAD: GET JOKER! #3
    Writer: BRIAN AZZARELLO
    Artist: ALEX MALEEV
    Cover: ALEX MALEEV Variant Cover: JORGE FORNES
    $6.99 US | 48 PGS | 3 of 3 | $6.99 US VARIANT (Card Stock)
    Prestige Plus Format | 8 1/2" x 10 7/8" | Black Label
    17+
    ON SALE 10/5/21

The startling conclusion of this Black Label epic rockets to its surprising, yet inevitable, confrontation between The Joker and the Suicide Squad. With Red Hood wondering who he can trust as he's forced to team up with Harley Quinn and other rogues against the Clown Prince of Crime, one last betrayal changes everything before the final pag

Seems like Task Force Z is indeed just the new story arc of Detective and going by the solicit, I expect Jason to spend most of the story captured.
    Yeah that sounds about right.
    Along with that, I'm guessing if there's actually gonna be a fight in the issue, that FS Gotham will be having Jason take the massive L and job to the new guy to prove how 'worthy' he is of the Batman title.
    And Jason also just may be the character that questions their existence on Titans United, though my second and third guess is Donna and Conner. Funny how the book is clearly using the Titans show characters and has them all together as a team when the show never once could bring all the characters together like this. That last season failed so hard on so many levels.

Also that description of Get Joker caught my eye, 'The startling conclusion of this Black Label epic rockets to its surprising, yet inevitable, confrontation between The Joker and the Suicide Squad. With Red Hood wondering who he can trust as he's forced to team up with Harley Quinn and other rogues against the Clown Prince of Crime, one last betrayal changes everything before the final page'

Sounds like my Get Carter theory, aka, the 'Jason (or Joker) gets unceremoniously killed after the revenge' theory, may just come to fruition. That cover is bleak but the art is really nice.
    Last edited by RedBird; 06-18-2021 at 01:42 PM.

The backup story is written by Rosenberg and he's a fan. I doubt Jason'll only be the man in distress here. I'm expecting him to write some other character he likes in that story, too. I'm guessing he has plenty of freedom, being a backup story and not the main story arc in Tec.

And I guess it's going to be fun, but also, may have some kind of commentary on Gotham's ecosystem of press and media, vigilantes, cops and justice. Well, that's a wild guess from me, but it could fit the adventure, somehow.

We're going to have a lot of Jason in paper in the next few months, and I'm on cloud nine because of it.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 06-18-2021 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    The backup story is written by Rosenberg and he's a fan. I doubt Jason'll only be the man in distress here. I'm expecting him to write some other character he likes in that story, too. I'm guessing he has plenty of freedom, being a backup story and not the main story arc in Tec.

And I guess it's going to be fun, but also, may have some kind of commentary on Gotham's ecosystem of press and media, vigilantes, cops and justice. Well, that's a wild guess from me, but it could fit the adventure, somehow.

We're going to have a lot of Jason in paper in the next few months, and I'm on cloud nine because of it.
    The way the solicit is written, Task Force Z is moving from backup to the main story starting October and who knows if the story will be handled by Rosenberg or if it will be Mariko, most likely the latter, given she's the head writer of the book, with all the baggage that entails. That is what I meant about Jason spending most of the story captured. And honestly, after Truth and Justice and Three Jokers, I'm pretty burned about any writer that claims to be a "huge Jason fan" So far the writers that lack that kind of attachment have a better strike record (Lobdell, Williamson, Taylor)