Page 70 of 120 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1797
    Extraordinary Member

@Restingvoice

It should be Red Hood/Arsenal #5, or one of the issues following it.

Spectacular Member
    Last edited by redmax99; 07-03-2021 at 09:53 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redmax99 View Post
    Ew, is the Three Jokers costume.

Also, the female Red Hood from Crime Syndicate is incredibly obnoxious.

Love that costume. Especially compared to the one we have now.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Aside from the Robin buttons which are unnecessarily infantilizing to say the least, and the cheesy R on the belt being imo the major drawbacks from the Three Jokers costume. It is still a better looking costume than the current MK outfit. Though with the initial 'Get Joker' previews showing Jason in his rebirth Red Hood costume, I was hoping he would be in the rebirth outfit for the remainder of the story, but I guess that won't be the case.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I think there is a good chance that she is the Earth 3 version of Harley Quinn.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Aside from the Robin buttons which are unnecessarily infantilizing to say the least, and the cheesy R on the belt being imo the major drawbacks from the Three Jokers costume. It is still a better looking costume than the current MK outfit. Though with the initial 'Get Joker' previews showing Jason in his rebirth Red Hood costume, I was hoping he would be in the rebirth outfit for the remainder of the story, but I guess that won't be the case.
    I mean, Woods put the bar for a good costume pretty damn low so is damming with faint praise.

Still, I don't understand how can people look at Jason wearing an oversized Robin costume with a helmet and a jacket and say "yes, this is a perfect costume" Is like Dick wearing the E2 Robin costume just with the Nightwing logo slapped on.

The again, editorial decided that the best thing for Tim was get stuck with the Robin costume even though he moved from it years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I wanna check something. There's a comic panel where Jason, in civilian outfit, visited a community center or some kind where he once spent time as a child, and met a childhood friend, a black girl I think. Is it Lucius Fox Community Center or something else, and is it in Rebirth comics or the Digital First Gotham Titans Legends of The Dark Knight something-something?
    That's from the DCU era in Red Hood/Arsenal issues 4 and 5.

In issue 4 Jason comes across a woman named Gabby who had been a street kid like him, and there's a flashback sequence to Jason's childhood where both he and Gabby spent some time at the 'Lucius Fox Community Center'.

Then in issue 5 we see him in the current day revisit the center which has been renamed as the 'Lucius Fox Center for Gotham Youth'. Not sure why the name was changed.

I mean, Woods put the bar for a good costume pretty damn low so is damming with faint praise.
    The MK costume had at least made sense back when Jason donned it as a symbol of him being in a darker place, mentally speaking, with a costume that seemed half hazard put together and all. But the problem is that it no longer had any reason to remain once the following gritty arc had run it's course. The second that Jasons old teammates returned should have signified a return to form, possibly even sooner at the beginning of the Prince of Gotham arc. When the MK look was first introduced my opinion was that, in terms of it's design, the costume wasn't the best, but it also wasn't the worst costume Jason had ever had, however, that was when most people were under the impression that the costume wouldn't last more than an arc or two. The fact that it has more than overstayed it's welcome and has now become one of Jasons longest lasting costumes has completely soured me on the look. At this point I'm very close to dropping any Jason centred comics that continue using that costume, I don't want to see it any longer.

Still, I don't understand how can people look at Jason wearing an oversized Robin costume with a helmet and a jacket and say "yes, this is a perfect costume" Is like Dick wearing the E2 Robin costume just with the Nightwing logo slapped on.
    Hence why I think removing the 'R' and the Robin like buttons across the chest would improve the look at least. It would then basically just look more like his Lost Days and UTRH outfit combined, sort of.

The again, editorial decided that the best thing for Tim was get stuck with the Robin costume even though he moved from it years ago.
    A strange move, and one that I hope has an outcome aside from Tim being an 'extra' Robin. Disagreeable editorial decisions are to be expected every now and then, but it's just the wait for the long and overdue course corrections that becomes tiring.
    Last edited by RedBird; 07-03-2021 at 02:48 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

because I don't see it as a Robin costume. Just a normal vest/jacket. I won't even realize it if you don't mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    @Restingvoice

It should be Red Hood/Arsenal #5, or one of the issues following it.
    That's from the DCU era in Red Hood/Arsenal issues 4 and 5.

In issue 4 Jason comes across a woman named Gabby who had been a street kid like him, and there's a flashback sequence to Jason's childhood where both he and Gabby spent some time at the 'Lucius Fox Community Center'.

Then in issue 5 we see him in the current day revisit the center which has been renamed as the 'Lucius Fox Center for Gotham Youth'. Not sure why the name was changed.
    Thanks. I thought it was a different one, since I remember the art being different.

Anyway I asked because currently Duke Thomas has his HQ there, and I remember that Jason went there.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Ew, is the Three Jokers costume.

Maybe it's a sequel to Three Jokers.

The MK costume had at least made sense back when Jason donned it as a symbol of him being in a darker place, mentally speaking, with a costume that seemed half hazard put together and all. But the problem is that it no longer had any reason to remain once the following gritty arc had run it's course. The second that Jasons old teammates returned should have signified a return to form, possibly even sooner at the beginning of the Prince of Gotham arc. When the MK look was first introduced my opinion was that, in terms of it's design, the costume wasn't the best, but it also wasn't the worst costume Jason had ever had, however, that was when most people were under the impression that the costume wouldn't last more than an arc or two. The fact that it has more than overstayed it's welcome and has now become one of Jasons longest lasting costumes has completely soured me on the look. At this point I'm very close to dropping any Jason centred comics that continue using that costume, I don't want to see it any longer.
    Agreed completely.

Personally, unless there's a big shift in the direction for Jason, I'm stopping buying any main continuity stories and limit myself to outside-of-continuity ones. the way Jason is treated in the main comics is just depressing to see.

Agreed completely.

Personally, unless there's a big shift in the direction for Jason, I'm stopping buying any main continuity stories and limit myself to outside-of-continuity ones. the way Jason is treated in the main comics is just depressing to see.
    Does this cheer you up a little?

Or this?

Maybe this?

It absolutely does. Kind of sad that fans get the character better but I guess is nothing new.

With Barbara getting a new costume, I hope Jason finally gets a new one soon.

It absolutely does. Kind of sad that fans get the character better but I guess is nothing new.

With Barbara getting a new costume, I hope Jason finally gets a new one soon.
    I mean ... they are fans. Of course they get the character better. Sure, some of the stuff fandom produces is pure headcanon - but overall fandom provides the best Jason Todd content. You can pretty much find anything: comedy, drama, mystery, fantasy, love, friendship, horror, action, slice-of-life, fluff, crossovers, sci-fi, etc. And looking at DC's "canon" ... no thank you.