Page 72 of 120 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1797
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    And whoever called it, the E3 Red Hood from Crime Syndicate is indeed, Harley.
    A blonde woman, using an identity that is connected to the Joker, with a mallet as main weapon, I mean it is kind of obvious if you think about it.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

DC just revealed their lineup for the online Comic Con and one of the panels is about DC Horror with Rosenberg as one of the panelists. Interestingly, the press release counts Task Force Z as one of his works, whether this means it will be an actual series remain to be seen. It also can mean nothing since John Ridley is there but it doesn't mention Second Batman that arguably, is one of DC's main series right now. Still, I thought it was interesting.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...-panel-line-up

DC just revealed their lineup for the online Comic Con and one of the panels is about DC Horror with Rosenberg as one of the panelists. Interestingly, the press release counts Task Force Z as one of his works, whether this means it will be an actual series remain to be seen. It also can mean nothing since John Ridley is there but it doesn't mention Second Batman that arguably, is one of DC's main series right now. Still, I thought it was interesting.

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2021/0...-panel-line-up
    I smell new book. A mini, I guess, but still a book.

Yessssss~~ (dialling some zombie voice for this)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Task Force Z counts as horror? Oh so it is about zombies.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Task Force Z counts as horror? Oh so it is about zombies.
    I thought we all agreed Jason prefers to be called "undead"?

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Because of the bat symbol. Having Jason return to his old costume after what happened in issue 25 and when him and Bruce didn't have their recollection yet would be extremely pathetic. By the time his old team returned, the book was in its way to cancellation and it was too late for them to introduce a new costume.
    Eh, Jason still could have returned to his old costume with the Bat removed as well. Nothing is to say that it had to be in place.

Personally I don't have as big of a problem with the Red Bat logo as others, it's contribution to the branding and aesthetic design is still essential in my opinion, and there are WAY bigger 'inconsistencies' in comics to be more confused by than Jason brandishing a bat logo. I'm not even of the opinion that Bruce and Jason need to patch things up in order to return to it, since even if the narrative is factored in to the design, it can also be seen as more pathetic that Jason allows Bruce to dictate what he is and isn't allowed to wear in the first place, the idea is that Jason chose to wear a bat logo for years, so why remove it just because Bruce said so. That's why I mentioned that it might have even made sense for Jason to return to his costume in the Prince of Gotham arc where it would have been fitting for the situation since the whole point of Jason and Bruces confrontation there was that Bruce couldn't dictate what Jason did, that Bruce can be as mad as he wants but that Jason was going to work in Gotham whether he likes it or not. Having Jason be more unyielding there could have fit imo.

But regardless of peoples feelings on the matter of the bat logo, the sad state of affairs is that there is no current long term plan for Jason's character, and that's why there's been no change, despite the new MK costume not making sense for the last two years or so. I'd prefer a return to the perfection that was the first Rebirth outfit, but if there is a new costume coming up, I just hope that it's at least similar in design to that first rebirth costume. I miss the jacket and helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    About the bat in Jason's costumes, I thing they should work a better, unique sign for him. Something that's not bat related, to be honest.
    I mentioned this before but I've always been a fan of the Red Hood logo from the Batman Arkham Knight game. I think that logo was perfect since with it's similarities in the wing like structure and the sharp yet thick points around the piece, it didn't stray too far from his original Red Bat logo (which is at this point more recognisable and important for branding). However, the AK version is missing the 'bat ears' and so is wonderfully vague in it's appearance. Is it a bird, is it a bat, is it both, is it neither, it still keeps the elements of his past embedded in the design despite it's indistinct appearance, making it very fitting for a morally grey and transformed character like Jason.

Ultimately though if there is no new logo, I'll still take the more aesthetically pleasing Red Bat over what Jason currently has, which half the time looks ridiculous with the 'mean' goofy eyes on the chest, that are the equivalent of batman having his glaring eyes imprinted on his chest, or robin having his domino mask on his chest, it's just silly looking, period. And then the other half of the time, the symbol just looks like the New52 Nightwing logo thanks to artists not drawing the goofy eyes. If the logo is going to be derivative, at the very least, I'd prefer it to be derivative of the the main bat and head honcho, where it would make a bit of sense, instead of being derivative to another bats far less popular costume.
    Last edited by RedBird; 07-09-2021 at 01:04 AM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Just a little reminder that Matthew Rosenberg is a man with great taste.

Matthew Rosenberg Twitter 08-07-2021.JPG

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/07/09/dc...ban-legends-5/

Preview of Jason's story in UL 5

The Cheer guy is just a discount Joker

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/07/09/dc...tate-3-gotham/

Future State Preview

I still don't like the premise and I find Dick out all the people to be the one with major trust issues with Jason to be out of character but I do really like the characterization Williamson is giving to Jason. Mature, calm, and able to put his emotions aside for the greater good, very in line with the way Lobdell wrote him. A far cry from the whiny guy that he is in Urban Legends.

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/07/09/dc...ban-legends-5/

Preview of Jason's story in UL 5

The Cheer guy is just a discount Joker
    I wouldn't go as far as calling him "discount Joker". It's mainly the eccentric make-up, the rest is standard villain behavior. Cheer is definitely more composed than Joker and lacking the wacky clown attitude.

Seems like the colorist can't decide if the mask covers Jason's forehead (last panel) or not (first panel).

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/07/09/dc...tate-3-gotham/

Future State Preview

I still don't like the premise and I find Dick out all the people to be the one with major trust issues with Jason to be out of character but I do really like the characterization Williamson is giving to Jason. Mature, calm, and able to put his emotions aside for the greater good, very in line with the way Lobdell wrote him. A far cry from the whiny guy that he is in Urban Legends.
    I had to check the first two issues again because I hadn't realized until now that Jason's Peacekeeper Red costume has a little cape. Well, I'm not sure if it's really called a cape when the fabric is only attached to one shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    I wouldn't go as far as calling him "discount Joker". It's mainly the eccentric make-up, the rest is standard villain behavior. Cheer is definitely more composed than Joker and lacking the wacky clown attitude.
    I mean, the Joker craziness is entirely up to the writer, there's really nothing substantial about Cheer that distinguishes him from the Joker more subdued takes.

And yeah Peacekeeper Red is a pretty meh costume/identity
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 07-10-2021 at 01:03 PM.

I mean, the Joker craziness is entirely up to the writer, there's really nothing substantial about Cheer that distinguishes him from the Joker more subdued takes.

And yeah Peacekeeper Red is a pretty meh costume/identity
    Cheer has just appeared. I'm sure that Zdarsky will flesh the character out in the two remaining issues and show what distinguishes Cheer from the rest of Batman's rogue gallery. And if Cheer doesn't die in this story, he'll probably pop up in future Batman stories.

So far, we only know that he has a "plan" that involves a drugged Mr. Freeze and capturing Batman. Jason's involvement seems to be purely by accident.
    Last edited by Sergard; 07-11-2021 at 01:16 AM.

Jason and artemis 😍😍😍
    https://www.instagram.com/p/CLIWdHulIj5/

Artemis😍😍😍

Pretty cute female Jason Fanart by Fishtre

Source