Page 75 of 120 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1797
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

New Titans S3 trailer

Just as I feared, that trailer was less of a Titans trailer and more of Batfamily trailer, with the Titans as guest stars. I hope that's not indicative of what we're actually gonna get this season. Especially when the first two seasons did a pretty decent job of...not doing that.

As for Jason....eh. I've never been a big fan of this show's Red Hood design. And I really hope they don't draw out the whole "Who is Red Hood" thing. I know not everyone reads the comics but....come on. Unless you're going for a twist where it's actually not Jason, please don't spend the whole (or even half of) the season trying to make it a mystery.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Whatever happens to Jason is above Rosenberg's paygrade.
    That's true for any character and any writer.
    But Rosenberg wouldn't choose to write a title if he wasn't allowed to write what he wants.
    Last edited by Sergard; 07-14-2021 at 01:28 PM.

DC Editorial is infamous for changing their minds and forcing entirely new directions to writers at the drop of a hat.

This bit came a few minutes ago. Matthew Rosenberg released a new newsletter. This is what he said there about TFZ:

TASK FORCE Z rises from the simple question “what if we made the Suicide Squad even more fucked up?” Red Hood is in charge of a team of recently deceased villains as they work for a chance of getting their lives back, literally. The team includes the coprses of noted bad people Bane, Man-Bat, Mr. Bloom, The Arkham Knight, and newcomer Sundowner. But more bodies will be added along the way, I promise.

I am joined on this book by a murderer’s row of talented people. Eddy Burrows is pencilling, and my god is it gorgeous and creepy. Eber Ferreira is inking beautifully. And Adriano Lucas is laying down his brilliant colors. And the whole thing was put together by the mad scientists of editorial Paul Kaminski and Dave Wielgosz. I couldn’t ask for better partners on this one.

I will be getting more into it later but for you continuity nerds- Yes, this is in continuity. Yes, it will reflect the events of Chip and Eddy’s Red Hood story in BATMAN URBAN LEGENDS. Yes, this relates to FUTURE STATE and FEAR STATE. Yes, we know Man-Bat is in JUSTICE LEAGUE DARK. Yes, Jason and Bane are going to have a “conversation” about Alfred. Yes, it’s going to be a real screwed up book.

New Titans S3 trailer
    Looks like they're keeping his debut intact as far as jumping into a criminal meeting to scare them, although how soon is this after his death? This is why it feels like they're rushing Red Hood.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    This bit came a few minutes ago. Matthew Rosenberg released a new newsletter. This is what he said there about TFZ:
    Ohh, nice, thanks for posting! Glad that he'll address the whole Bane thing, as well as whatever happens in UL (also FS).

If I were to guess, Jason and Bruce patch things up in UL and that's why he's back to his older getup and the bat logo. Hardly a mad prediction, but hey, it makes me happy that that's a real possibility, let's see if it happens and lasts.

The fact that it's an ongoing is interesting. I guess it'll be RH-centric for at least the foreseeable future. But I don't know how much juice you can extract out of this premise, which is admittedly more fitting for a mini.

My hope is that however many TFZ arcs Jason's in, he'll eventually spin-off towards his own book with his name in it.

EDIT: just watched the Titans trailer.

Fuck, are they actually "killing" Jason, huh? Don't really follow the show (dropped it midway Season 2), but I'm glad that they're at least not making a weird "I become Red Hood" just because, even if I don't think there'll be enough weight or preparation for the transformation and the overall arc to feel impactful. Let alone enough time to grieve and feel the loss...

And, again regardless of the show's quality, that meeting with Gotham's criminals à la UtRH put a smile on my face. God, I really wish we got Red Hood to appear in Pattinson's Batman down the line
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 07-14-2021 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Ah nice, that's all good to hear.
    Whew, I'm glad to read that the situation with Bane will be addressed, that was a real sticking point for me. And hey, the book is also being connected with Urban Legends, that's neat.
    I wonder if that Future State connection is perhaps in reference to the Task Force Z in FS Suicide Squad book and Amanda Wallers black lantern ring.

I'm looking more forward to seeing more info about this title, I hope the upcoming comic-con panel sheds some more light and maybe some images.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    Ohh, nice, thanks for posting! Glad that he'll address the whole Bane thing, as well as whatever happens in UL (also FS).

If I were to guess, Jason and Bruce patch things up in UL and that's why he's back to his older getup and the bat logo. Hardly a mad prediction, but hey, it makes me happy that that's a real possibility, let's see if it happens and lasts.

The fact that it's an ongoing is interesting. I guess it'll be RH-centric for at least the foreseeable future. But I don't know how much juice you can extract out of this premise, which is admittedly more fitting for a mini.

My hope is that however many TFZ arcs Jason's in, he'll eventually spin-off towards his own book with his name in it.

EDIT: just watched the Titans trailer.

Fuck, are they actually "killing" Jason, huh? Don't really follow the show (dropped it midway Season 2), but I'm glad that they're at least not making a weird "I become Red Hood" just because, even if I don't think there'll be enough weight or preparation for the transformation and the overall arc to feel impactful. Let alone enough time to grieve and feel the loss...

And, again regardless of the show's quality, that meeting with Gotham's criminals à la UtRH put a smile on my face. God, I really wish we got Red Hood to appear in Pattinson's Batman down the line
    Short answer for season 2- The rest of the Titans accused him of doing things he didn't do, he left, and even when the real culprit was found, no one apologized. Last seen leaving Donna's send-off on a motorcycle.

So, Jason may have been trying to solve a case or something, and fell into Joker's trap. So, I get the feeling we'll be seeing some timeskips, as in the preview, we see what looks like Red Hood joined up with the rest of the Titans.

Note: This is all purely my speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Short answer for season 2- The rest of the Titans accused him of doing things he didn't do, he left, and even when the real culprit was found, no one apologized. Last seen leaving Donna's send-off on a motorcycle.

So, Jason may have been trying to solve a case or something, and fell into Joker's trap. So, I get the feeling we'll be seeing some timeskips, as in the preview, we see what looks like Red Hood joined up with the rest of the Titans.

Note: This is all purely my speculation.
    I can't seem to remember whether I reached that point, so thanks for pointing it out. Last I remember is Jason fucking off with Ravager away from the Titans and sleeping with her.

Timeskips won't make his "death" be more impactful for viewers, but at least that might give it more weight in-universe, so yeah, that'd be nice. I wonder if they'll even have Joker properly show up and not just be there during Jason's assault and all of that.

Speaking of which, new posters: https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/s...47704814202883

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Some are speculating that this Bruce offed Joker shortly before he told Dick “I’m done / be a better Batman” in the trailer.

Related to both Fear and Future State, welp, my expectations just had a massive drop.

I wonder if Rosenberg also intends to address Martinbrough's dangling plots, that editorial promised Zdarski would tackle and it has yet to happen.

And personally, I don't see the point about Jason and Bane discussing Alfred when: it was a massive mistake in King's part that didn't have a payoff, and Bane is already dead anyway.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 07-14-2021 at 04:53 PM.

Incredible Member

I wonder if Rosenberg also intends to address Martinbrough's dangling plots, that editorial promised Zdarski would tackle and it has yet to happen.
    I'm curious, what threads were left hanging from that story? I thought it was just a two-part filler.

Related to both Fear and Future State, welp, my expectations just had a massive drop.

And personally, I don't see the point about Jason and Bane discussing Alfred when: it was a massive mistake in King's part that didn't have a payoff, and Bane is already dead anyway.
    Well, if they're going to be in a group together it feels like something that has to be addressed.

Well, Bane is undead. But seems to clearly want to be living again.

As to discussing it... Not out of the realm of possibility. But I'm thinking Jason would be more ready to put one in Bane's undead skull than anything.