Page 79 of 120 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1797
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    [...]

Since this will reflect on the Cheer storyline's events, I assume it's gonna be as simple as Jason and Bruce being in good terms once more, hopefully in a more lasting manner. There's no reason to still be wearing the Outlaw getup and he might as well go back to a more familiar look (this is clearing riffing on Rebirth's outfit, even if it's clearly different).
    DC's idea of "simple" isn't always good enough.
    The events in Cheer aren't the problem. Stuff that happened in the last three to four decades and Bruce' unwillingness to apologize are the problem.
    Without Bruce changing for the better Jason shouldn't accept the logo back.
    Last edited by Sergard; 07-18-2021 at 04:46 AM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    DC's idea of "simple" isn't always good enough.
    The events in Cheer aren't the problem. Stuff that happened in the last three to four decades and Bruce' unwillingness to apologize are the problem.
    Without Bruce changing for the better Jason shouldn't accept the logo back.
    I've said it before, but it is dumb to try and hold a fictional character to the same standards as real people when their characterization will change at the drop of a hat whenever writers or editorial think they have just the right idea to increase sales. Furthermore, the red bat is Jason's brand now sot will always be present in some shape or form now, so I'd rather avoid wasting precious time on something like this and focus on the story at hand.

Anyway, Bleeding Cool claims to have gotten hold of the scrapped master timeline put together by Didio back in 2019 and if this thing would've become canon, it means that Jason would've been 13 years old when he met Bruce, be Robin for 2 years, and dying at 15 years old. Then 8 years would pass until he returned as Red Hood at 23 years old and be 33 by the time Death Metal happened. Is a bit strange to think of a 33-year-old Jason running around fighting bad guys.
    Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 07-18-2021 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    I've said it before, but it is dumb to try and hold a fictional character to the same standards as real people when their characterization will change at the drop of a hat whenever writers or editorial think they have just the right idea to increase sales. Furthermore, the red bat is Jason's brand now sot will always be present in some shape or form now, so I'd rather avoid wasting precious time on something like this and focus on the story at hand.

Anyway, Bleeding Cool claims to have gotten hold of the scrapped master timeline put together by Didio back in 2019 and if this thing would've become canon, it means that Jason would've been 13 years old when he met Bruce, be Robin for 2 years, and dying at 15 years old. Then 8 years would pass until he returned as Red Hood at 23 years old and be 33 by the time Death Metal happened. Is a bit strange to think of a 33-year-old Jason running around fighting bad guys.
    Which would put Bruce in his late 40s (youngest) to 50s (most likely).

No wonder they had planned to replace most of the main JL members with Bruce aged beyond what DiDio liked in human characters.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Bruce was 53 in that proposed timeline during the events of Death Metal. A 53 year old Bruce still being Batman is far more believable/realistic than most things Batman related tbh.

Extraordinary Member

I don't get this timeline, Bruce is born in 1943 but only 53 in 2016? There are somehow 20 years missing.

It is also odd that Killing Joke is placed after Death in the Family, and Tim doesn't appear untill 2 years after Jasons Death.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I don't get this timeline, Bruce is born in 1943 but only 53 in 2016? There are somehow 20 years missing.

It is also odd that Killing Joke is placed after Death in the Family, and Tim doesn't appear untill 2 years after Jasons Death.
    How much time passes in story from Krypton exploding to the end of G4 compared to real world time was only 60 years I believe. It was in the original timetable.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    How much time passes in story from Krypton exploding to the end of G4 compared to real world time was only 60 years I believe. It was in the original timetable.
    Yeah, we guessed a few "time adjustments" events back then, when we were trying to decipher those pictures. It fitted back then, somehow. It wasn't a 1:1 year passing in that timeline.

Extraordinary Member

After looking a bit more on it, it seems to make more sense when you ignore the dates ("19XX") and just look the number of the Years ("Year X"), those seem to line up better with the ages.

But I still think that this timeline is still in some eras bloated, and changes in some cases the order of events from the comics for no good reason.

After looking a bit more on it, it seems to make more sense when you ignore the dates ("19XX") and just look the number of the Years ("Year X"), those seem to line up better with the ages.

But I still think that this timeline is still in some eras bloated, and changes in some cases the order of events from the comics for no good reason.
    My best guess is that they meant those spaced years without events to give future writers for each gen some space to tell stories.
    I have no idea about the changes in the order of certain events. Personal preferences, I guess.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Yeah, we guessed a few "time adjustments" events back then, when we were trying to decipher those pictures. It fitted back then, somehow. It wasn't a 1:1 year passing in that timeline.
    and hey! Turned out Billy Batson does stop aging midway so we got that one concept right.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    and hey! Turned out Billy Batson does stop aging midway so we got that one concept right.
    Yeeep.
    It was fun, even if it was all for nothing in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

[...]
    There still have to be some standards. And what's the big deal? What's bad about Bruce (and other characters) apologizing to some people? An apology is a good thing. Good people apologize. Compassionate people apologize. So why can't Batman do the same?

Jason isn't the only character with a red bat logo. And if DC wants to give some other characters a red bat logo too, they won't give a crap about Jason's "brand".

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    There still have to be some standards. And what's the big deal? What's bad about Bruce (and other characters) apologizing to some people? An apology is a good thing. Good people apologize. Compassionate people apologize. So why can't Batman do the same?

Jason isn't the only character with a red bat logo. And if DC wants to give some other characters a red bat logo too, they won't give a crap about Jason's "brand".
    Because Batman is not a person, is a fictional construct that is beholding to whatever (often bad) ideas the writer in turn has. If Lobdell would've had his way, he would've kept Jason away from Gotham and Bruce through his entire tenure but he needed to turn in whatever editorial asked him for.

Furthermore, a character's actions and characterization make absolutely no sense, and wanting to make sense of it is just asking to go crazy. The most you can expect is for a character to keep a certain degree of consistency on their apparitions, and that only when is a relatively minor character like Jason. With big-name characters like Bruce is a lost battle. Long gone are the days when there was a semblance of consistency from book to book or even from issue to issue. These days any time characters fight is just for drama's sake, with zero interest from editorial to actually give those events a proper follow-up or a closure.

The red bat of every character is different though, and that particular iteration of the Red Bat is Jason's and only his.

I hope you guys like emojis.

Titans Emojis.JPG

See? Even though Jason is wearing the Angry Penguin logo in Titans, the emoji uses Outlaws' Red Bat.