Page 8 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

https://www.gamesradar.com/gotham-kn...y-dynamic-duo/

New interview with the game's producer. Most of it is the usual PR-speak but the bits that caught my attention was: the story is a wholly original take developed by WB Montreal, the story was the cornerstone for the game's design (they started with the central mystery and then selected heroes and villains as they though the would fit better the roles they wanted), characters not used will level up and get upgraded roughly at the same rhythm as your picked character under the justification they're having their own adventures while you play.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    https://www.gamesradar.com/gotham-kn...y-dynamic-duo/

New interview with the game's producer. Most of it is the usual PR-speak but the bits that caught my attention was: the story is a wholly original take developed by WB Montreal, the story was the cornerstone for the game's design (they started with the central mystery and then selected heroes and villains as they though the would fit better the roles they wanted), characters not used will level up and get upgraded roughly at the same rhythm as your picked character under the justification they're having their own adventures while you play.
    Very interested to see what kind of story they cooked up, especially with Bruce supposedly out of comission. Hopefully there are references to Dick's link with the Court.

My biggest concern is the depth of every playable character's path in the main story, considering you can play the full game with whoever you want. That could result in very surface-level changes where the only difference is, say, Jason being angrier at Mr Freeze than Tim, but everything is overall kept the same. It seems like the Belfry is a hub of sorts, though, so at least we might get the actual relationship dynamics imprinted there, including Alfred.

I hope there are specific optional storylines for all the characters, though, even if they're short. Like Jason discovering more of his resurrection/the League of Shadows (which will play into his gameplay), Dick having a conflict with Deathstroke...

BTW, this guy supposedly was the first to (mostly or fully idk) accurately leak Gotham Knigths way back when: https://twitter.com/Jsig212James/sta...56664072699904

There’s a lot of confusion around what Gotham Knights is so I thought I’d try and clear the air:

It’s literally Spider-Man PS4 with heavier RPG mechanics, a more dynamic world, and if you want, a friend that can tag along with you.

It’s not “Avengers”, so that comparison should really stop.
    In case anyone was worried about its "single-playerness" (that loot probably scared some) or genre. I was essentially expecting an AC: Odyssey of some sorts, so yeah.
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 01-11-2021 at 12:42 PM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I've found the artist Michael S Bergland on Instagram and he's basically using the script of RHatO #7 and draws it in his style. It's pretty cool to see the progress of each page step by step.

"Red Hood and the Outlaws.

Here are my rough breakdowns for page 1. Since this is from script, and I’m sure there is a few of you who have never seen a comic script before. This is one of my favourite parts about drawing comics. Is having a script in front of you and letting your imagination just go! Getting into the story the characters etc the challenge of breaking down a puzzle in the sense of layout and camera angles to best tell that story. Normally I would print out the script have a ton of notes on it, certain key words underlined for a scene etc. But I need to get some printer ink still. You can Swipe to see the script by the Writer Scott Lobdell, then compare it to my rough breakdowns. Note even with all the dialogue there is only 3 panels here. One is an establishing shot of a Warehouse district, then inside the 2nd panel is cleaned up a bit more so I can get a feel for these mobsters . For those of you that don’t understand camera lingo POV is Point of View. So if the script says Jason’s POV we are seeing through his eyes.

Time to start the transfer to board."

Here's part of the script (source one, two):

Here are the first finished pages:

For comparison: Here's the original version.

I like the art of Bergland a lot more than the original but on the other hand, I think that Corlak has the better composition and paneling.

I like the art of Bergland a lot more than the original but on the other hand, I think that Corlak has the better composition and paneling.
    I love Bergland's double page although I'm not sure if it would still look that great with the dialogues. The text bubbles would probably hide a lot of details.

Here's some cowboy Jason by Symeona:

I'm curious do you think Jason will get to date Artemis?

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious do you think Jason will get to date Artemis?
    I personally hope they don't pursue these romantic interests with Jason. Him being in a relationship doesn't fit with recent characterizations. IMO, for both Jason and Bruce, they get in the way once writers start to make it a long-term, sustained thing. I don't mind him having flings or him having a deep f*** buddy type relationship tho; like if Cheshire or Rose Wilson was a confidant and friend/sometimes partner of his, but they also had sex, and then moved on with their day like nothing happened lol.

Jason just gets involved in such crazy things, and he seems unable to stay in one place or satisfied with life...I don't see why he'd want to make someone go through the prospect of being in a relationship with him lol.
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 01-11-2021 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    I personally hope they don't pursue these romantic interests with Jason. Him being in a relationship doesn't fit with recent characterizations. IMO, for both Jason and Bruce, they get in the way once writers start to make it a long-term, sustained thing. I don't mind him having flings or him having a deep f*** buddy type relationship tho; like if Cheshire or Rose Wilson was a confidant and friend/sometimes partner of his, but they also had sex, and then moved on with their day like nothing happened lol.

Jason just gets involved in such crazy things, and he seems unable to stay in one place or satisfied with life...I don't see why he'd want to make someone go through the prospect of being in a relationship with him lol.
    True. Speaking on relationships. I'm on the fence with this whole have him be closer with the Batfam. His whole thing was taking more of a violent side of things. That would ruin things

https://www.deviantart.com/nefar007/...F925-866865013

Every time Dexter uploads a new design for Batman I can't help but wonder if that's supposed to be Jason under the cowl.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

https://www.deviantart.com/nefar007/...F925-866865013

Every time Dexter uploads a new design for Batman I can't help but wonder if that's supposed to be Jason under the cowl.
    Probably, given the body armor.

Off-topic, but I've read Future State: Dark Detective #1 which contains two stories, one about Bruce and one about Grifter. I just wanted to say that
    a) both stories have the same amount of pages. So the issue is 50% Bruce and 50% Grifter. Therefore the next issue will very likely be 50% Bruce and 50% Jason.
    b) I think I like Grifter. And Matthew Rosenberg.
    Last edited by Sergard; 01-12-2021 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    Off-topic, but I've read Future State: Dark Detective #1 which contains two stories, one about Bruce and one about Grifter. I just wanted to say that
    a) both stories have the same amount of pages. So the issue is 50% Bruce and 50% Grifter. Therefore the next issue will very likely be 50% Bruce and 50% Jason.
    b) I think I like Grifter. And Matthew Rosenberg.
    Nothing that I wasn't expecting already

I guess they were/are really going to try some decent investment in Hood and Grifter in urban legends, then. I wasn't/aren't expecting those two to take half their issues each one.

I'm guessing it's a coincidence that that Magistrate's Peacekeeper guy's helmet is similar to Jason's (well, he's begrudgingly working for them...), but it's funny.
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 01-12-2021 at 05:05 PM.