Page 81 of 120 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1797

So good news, Rosenberg confirmed that Jason is not a zombie like the rest of the squad in Task Force Z. Although I guess he brought up the idea of does he count since he did die and come back, but seemed more like an idea more then a plot.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    He's this smaller character with a very loyal fanbase, who doesn't have a regular book, but has a mini or a maxi, or a short lived series now and then across the times; each time with a different style, and a slightly different but coherent enough take / caracterization to make his fans happy enough, while also drawing in new readers. Moon Knight has had a lot more stable and steady editorial history, though. And a way smaller start as an antagonist in an anthology book.

Character wise, I guess they do share their amount of traits: dark vigilantes (who have no qualms about killing) with a troubled past and inner struggles (who have died and came back, dealing with familial drama and PTSD, trauma from an awfully unlucky lifetime in the case of Jason, and familial drama with nowadays DPD for Marc. Not that he didn't have problems with all his personas earlier in his runs, though. Well, all these packs shaping them as they're now), and some kind of "exotic" background bits in there (khonshu worship and jewish legacy for Marc; the league of assassins and the all-caste for Jason). Huh, I guess they share quite a lot; but Kaine Parker is the most alike, out of the characters I know from Marvel.

For Moon Knight, you can trust that his books will sell, even if it's just this rather small fix.
    Interesting, thanks for the info I can never find much of a fanbase for the character, it seems almost non existent compared to most others fanbases I've seen, so it's interesting to hear that the Moon Knight books at least sell and definitely have a loyal audience.

Also I might just be rediscovering information I had forgotten, but I just realised (or re-realised) that Moon Knight was created by Doug Moench, who also wrote some of my favourite pre crisis Jason stories. Neat.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Interesting, thanks for the info I can never find much of a fanbase for the character, it seems almost non existent compared to most others fanbases I've seen, so it's interesting to hear that the Moon Knight books at least sell and definitely have a loyal audience.

Also I might just be rediscovering information I had forgotten, but I just realised (or re-realised) that Moon Knight was created by Doug Moench, who also wrote some of my favourite pre crisis Jason stories. Neat.
    Enjoy your read!
    We're few, we're dispersed over different places. But we're here. Anything you want to ask, there was a thread in the Marvel subforum here, and I know there're other places where fans gather and discuss from time to time. And also, I'll try to answer the best I can. Moench original run reads dated (obviously); but it's still really good. Both in writing and artwise.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 07-24-2021 at 12:43 PM.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    So good news, Rosenberg confirmed that Jason is not a zombie like the rest of the squad in Task Force Z. Although I guess he brought up the idea of does he count since he did die and come back, but seemed more like an idea more then a plot.
    Source of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Source of that?
    The DC horror panel here, specifically from Rosenberg himself.

"It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

That doesn't confirm it, if anything, it actually raised the possibility of Jason being in a zombie in the book.

That doesn't confirm it, if anything, it actually raised the possibility of Jason being in a zombie in the book.
    Maybe I misunderstood but it just sounded like Jason was questioning what is a zombie
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Maybe I misunderstood but it just sounded like Jason was questioning what is a zombie
    No, the angle they are using is Jason having an existential crisis and questioning if he isn't actually a zombie. That is what the last few posts have been discussing.

Well, Jason literally dug himself out of his own grave. I could understand having that little nugget in the back of his head.

That said; no I don't want him to be a zombie. But fluent in Zombese, and along with Damian, and sometimes Grundy, fights for zombie rights. Hell, it would actually give Jason and Damian (another kid that literally woke up from being dead after an extended period of time) something in common, talk about, and not be at one another's throat so much (even though that's mostly Damian from what I've seen).

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

How exactly is Rosenberg's "Jason isn't a zombie." not confirming that Jason isn't a zombie?

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I don’t mind the “am I zombie” angle if it raises some unaddressed issues that Jason has with coming back from the dead. With how much people complain about death having no meaning in comic, exploring the other possible consequences of coming back would be a refreshing take.

All-New Member

No, the angle they are using is Jason having an existential crisis and questioning if he isn't actually a zombie. That is what the last few posts have been discussing.
    From what I heard, it's more to do with Jason wondering what it means for him to have been dead and now alive, which is actually something that was never touched upon. He never cared about how he came back or what that meant. Maybe in countdown, but we all know how that worked out. But one of the first things Rosenberg said was literally "Jason isn't a zombie". Even if they explore the back to life element of the character, he won't be a zombie, that much we know and was confirmed by Rosenberg.

Personally I have a little theory, (thanks to the specific solicitation for TEC 1043 and the Dan Mora cover featuring the scientists injecting what looks to be live people) that maybe Jason ends up undergoing some kind of experiment, maybe even the same 'zombifying' experiment, but that in his case, ultimately it doesn't stick, and perhaps that it instead leaves him with certain 'abilities', like maybe communicating with the zombies, if they are uncontrollable and/or unintelligible without him, that could also be used to explain why he is leading the team.

That said, the 'zombie talk' regarding Jason appears to be clearly metaphorical given how he has also returned from the dead and risen from the grave. I mean, I guess comics are comics and anything can happen, but literally nothing from what we've seen or heard implies that Jason will permanently become an actual and literal 'walking dead' zombie if that's honestly a major concern. The visual language of the main cover featuring a put together Jason contrasting with a bunch of jagged jawed and rotting villains doesn't imply that he is a zombie, neither did the solicitations imply that by any means, and most importantly the writer literally stating that Jason is not a zombie should be enough confirmation to settle down that concern.

Regardless of whether it's stupid/vapid or not, this is clearly an existential question, not Jason being a zombie (going by that video) lmao.
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 07-25-2021 at 01:52 PM.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar