Page 84 of 120 FirstFirst ... 347480818283848586878894 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1797

Another interview from the creative team for Suicide Squad Get Joker. The questions and answers relevant to Jason are very similar to the previous articles, but are slightly extended.
    https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/05/su...o-alex-maleev/

AIPT: What did you want to get across when writing Jason Todd?

BA: There’s a lot of holes in Jason’s story. He’s very sardonic in this sort of, like, accepting fate, but then, like, not understanding fate, and just like fate kind of sucks, right? I mean, we’re all around the joke about like, what’s going on. Who’s pulling the strings? We don’t know and is there really anybody pulling the strings? No idea. I think the way I approached him, all his backstory, all this terrible stuff made him what he is, you know? I do that because yeah, of course, I did that.

AIPT: Were there any series or particular arcs that you looked to from previous comics, or inspiration, or for that matter, anything you really wanted to stray away from or revisit in a different light?

BA: No, sorry, one, your one-word answer. No, there’s not. I’m not here to redo anything. So let’s do something new and fresh with these characters. A little bit about, you know, if Jason’s not entirely angry, he’s still pissed off. He’s not high blood pressure angry, but he’s pissed at the world. So it’s just a different sort of, coming at these things from a different angle, kind of thing.

AIPT: Speaking of art, did you have a favorite moment?

BA: My favorite bit is maybe when Jason and Harley first meet. Jason doesn’t trust her and then she kind of gives Waller the business and then Jason’s like “when do we leave?” It’s like, “Oh, okay, I like her.”

The marketing around this shows third season has been overloaded with so much of the hype built around Red Hood, not something I had ever imagined from a 'Titans' show.
    I had high hopes in the beginning, and although there's a lot of great work that's gone into the show, and some very enjoyable elements, unfortunately it's weighed down by the shows writing, which has been dreadful thus far, especially in the jumbled and nonsensical second season. On top of that, I don't think the show has even earned a Red Hood storyline so soon, especially with all the baffling character decisions made in season 2.

That said, I've been hearing a lot of good things from early reviews about the third season supposedly improving on the writing/characters and providing a better answer into the question of 'why' Jason is now Red Hood. I hope those reviews are correct.

Also can anyone answer this question, in regards to the new Titans twitter hashtags featuring the characters logos. Are those permanent? Will they now always be available to use and display on twitter, or are they only being displayed for a limited time for the show?
    Last edited by RedBird; 08-06-2021 at 05:02 PM.

Preview for Urban Legends 6

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/06/dc...ban-legends-6/

Is Jason about to don the suit?

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post

I hope he doesn't, is clear Zdarski has zero understanding of his character. Or his research was fanfiction.

Blah

Preview for Urban Legends 6

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/08/06/dc...ban-legends-6/

No, but he's working a plan. Probably going there looking like Batman, to a place full of peoople high in cheerdrops. Not a bad plan. They'll be pretty confused about the tunnjng free Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    No, but he's working a plan. Probably going there looking like Batman, to a place full of peoople high in cheerdrops. Not a bad plan. They'll be pretty confused about the tunnjng free Batman.
    So, donning the suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    So, donning the suit.
    Can't see how. Edit: unless I understand the concept wrongly. He's taking a practical and strategic measure. Not taking on Batman's costume as an ID. Which, to my non native understanding, is what donning the suit means: taking on someone else's identity or alias or wharever. With all the bagage. Much more deep than just using a costume for a given tactic once.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-07-2021 at 01:29 AM.

Although at times people do use the phrase as a shorthand for a character taking on another alias, by definition, to 'don' is to simply put on an article of clothing, not to necessarily take an identity. I was just asking if he was wearing the suit as part of his plan, not implying that he was going to become Batman.

Although at times people do use the phrase as a shorthand for a character taking on another alias, by definition, to 'don' is to simply put on an article of clothing, not to necessarily take an identity. I was just asking if he was wearing the suit as part of his plan, not implying that he was going to become Batman.
    Oh. Then, yeah, looks like he's totally going to.

I wonder what will happen to this three-year plan that Tynion had for Batman and Batman-adjacent characters (so, Red Hood I guess) now that he's left DC.

BC had a note earlier tonight (that they took down already) claiming that yes, huge shakeups would come for Steph, Cass, and Tim since those plans hinged on Tynion, Nightwing would remain unchanged and under Taylor's control with no mention of Jason nor Damian. Something that at this point, is probably a blessing in disguise given the recent direction editorial is taking.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

It makes sense. Tim, Cass & Steph only really appeared in Tynion so whatever plans he had for them were likely scrapped or heavily altered.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Can't stop me from reading a whole thread of spoilers and wow I like it. So much feels, the temporary look's kinda hot if they could've trimmed it a bit, and now I wonder what's the actual setup for Task Force Z because the solicits obviously lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Can't stop me from reading a whole thread of spoilers and wow I like it. So much feels, the temporary look's kinda hot if they could've trimmed it a bit, and now I wonder what's the actual setup for Task Force Z because the solicits obviously lie.
    Do you mean this thread? Or any other? Link, please? It may be interest .