Page 88 of 120 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1797

I looked at spoilers for Titans season 3 so far and... ugh. Not liking it a bit.

spoilers:
    I like even less that some people just want someone to hate and just hate without any but or depth. What's going on with the world? Good lord. I get it, i get there's reasons for hating Jason to the bone, if what I read is how it is. But no redemption? At all? For a character that may be manipulated and pushed, even? Woah. What the heck.
    end of spoilers

I don't know, but writing seems to still be pretty bad by those spoilers. I want this to end so that I can finally watch it and see.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-13-2021 at 03:19 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I looked at spoilers for Titans season 3 so far and... ugh. Not liking it a bit.

spoilers:
    I like even less that some people just want someone to hate and just hate without any but or depth. What's going on with the world? Good lord. I get it, i get there's reasons for hating Jason to the bone, if what I read is how it is. But no redemption? At all? For a character that may be manipulated and pushed, even? Woah. What the heck.
    end of spoilers

I don't know, but writing seems to still be pretty bad by those spoilers. I want this to end so that I can finally watch it and see.
    This is pretty accurate version of him. Jason Todd was a phycho for years harassing the bat family and particularly Dick. They have offered him help many times but you can’t force it on an adult. They are moving pretty fast though

spoilers:
    end of spoilers

The teams treatment of Jason has ranged from mean spirited and cruel to baffling since day one, even several articles have pointed out how absurdly cruel and unjustified the Titans seemingly are to him, and that's just one of the many awful writing decisions of the show. Going by the story, if indeed you have been caught up to some degree, there is now a legitimate reason for the Titans to despise Jason with this whole Red Hood thing. But my problem is that even before he 'went bad' and became Red Hood, they already despised him, and acted like he was a super villain, but for seemingly no reason? Nothing has changed. From the way the team talked about and regarded Jason (before the Red Hood reveal) you would think he was some kind of unruly menace making all their lives a living hell, when in actuality he barely interacted with most of them, barely even shared two words with them in fact. And the few he did interact with, the absolute worst trait he exhibited, was cockiness, like, okay? Again, you'd think he had plans to blow up the moon with the way he is talked about, it's so bizarre.

That said, I can't say it isn't absolutely true to the feeling of reading the DC comics that's for sure. Reading about a kid who was headstrong, but had a heart of gold, only to then see every other character claim him to be nothing but a nuisance and troublemaker. The difference between what you're seeing and what you're being told is so misleading.
    Last edited by RedBird; 08-13-2021 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    This is pretty accurate version of him. Jason Todd was a phycho for years harassing the bat family and particularly Dick. They have offered him help many times but you can’t force it on an adult. They are moving pretty fast though
    Jason didn't threatened the bats with lethal methods, and lethal intent, until he was under Morrison's hand, or in Battle for the Cowl (Morrison's time too). Both highly ooc takes on the character (to me, and I know to others as well). He was psychotic and violent, and he hurt them, but not like that. Not until they made a joke of a villain of him.

Scale. Scale and motivations. They come varied. spoilers:
    And he was always, always being violent with a purpose. Even under Morrison. Or in Arkham Knight. This here? This looks being deadly violent and mad for the sake of it.
    end of spoilers

These levels of evilness I've read are a joke. And that robs the character of his most interesting points in his comeback.

spoilers:
    Jason was an antivillain: an antagonist ("one who opposes the protagonist") with an agenda that was meant to be for a good end, who used the wrong tools and ways of a warlord in order to reach it. And when he was violent, it was to make a point, reaching an end or taking over someone's bussiness. He was hurt and delusional, and pissed to the max, and he was cruel and egotistical. But I can't see him making one of the good guys kill another of them. Or putting bombs on them. Just for what purpose? Why hurt and kill someone who tries to fight the bad guys? Sure, Morrison's time pre New 52 would do. But not the vigilante Jason until that point. And definitely not the Jason post New 52. In under the hood, Jason wanted three things: to control the lower parts of Gotham, to show Bruce that he put others in danger with his way of doing things, and to know if Bruce loved him at all. After that, up to Final Crisis, he wanted to make justice. And then, it came Batle for the Cowl, the will of zbruce and redhaired Jason. Who wanted... attention of the media, I guess, and hurt the bats and killing bad guys, all of them. Because he was pissed. Or for fun. Or because Dick needed and antsgonist who was like the classic brainless Rogues. Different motivations, most of them. And different ways and different levels of depth for the reader to read. At least issues 24 and 25 of Dickbats were better with him, and made him somewhat interesting again.
    end of spoilers

My point is, this Jason? Seems irredemable. And plain. Two things he shouldn't be.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-13-2021 at 04:45 AM.

To be fair I hardly expect much from the kind of universe Titans is building. It's clearly different and going down an edgier path than what I'd like a DC live action universe to be. And yeah, the way Jason was treated even when he wasn't doing much more than just being a **** always felt off to me. It's still an interesting thing to see (for it's Jason's first live action appareance, both as Robin and Red Hood), but yeah, I don't expect much.

The one non-comic Jason appareance I'm most excited for is Gotham Knights'. From what the actor and the director have said, I think he'll be more nuanced than what he has been portrayed like many a time. The only things I'm not too sure about are 1) his design (a tad too bulky, never been a huge DCYou Red Hood fan and the mask's eyes are too small and it's made of fabric and not metal; luckily you can change outfits) and 2) the way the game's structured, which lets you play as anybody at anytime (so I don't really expect a very specific Jason story, although it'd be nice to have unique questlines for every character).

I wonder if Jason would appear in the base roster of Injustice 3. It'd be a waste not to have him again (and they wouldn't have him be DLC again).

In any case, we're getting November's solicitations in two hours if I read that right.
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 08-13-2021 at 07:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    To be fair I hardly expect much from the kind of universe Titans is building. It's clearly different and going down an edgier path than what I'd like a DC live action universe to be. And yeah, the way Jason was treated even when he wasn't doing much more than just being a **** always felt off to me. It's still an interesting thing to see (for it's Jason's first live action appareance, both as Robin and Red Hood), but yeah, I don't expect much.

The one non-comic Jason appareance I'm most excited for is Gotham Knights'. From what the actor and the director have said, I think he'll be more nuanced than what he has been portrayed like many a time. The only things I'm not too sure about are 1) his design (a tad too bulky, never been a huge DCYou Red Hood fan and the mask's eyes are too small and it's made of fabric and not metal; luckily you can change outfits) and 2) the way the game's structured, which lets you play as anybody at anytime (so I don't really expect a very specific Jason story, although it'd be nice to have unique questlines for every character).

I wonder if Jason would appear in the base roster of Injustice 3. It'd be a waste not to have him again (and they wouldn't have him be DLC again).

In any case, we're getting November's solicitations in two hours if I read that right.
    Me too. I'm looking forward to that game. I don't mind anything about the design, even if it's a bit too edgy for my taste. But it follows the tradition of the Arkhanverse in a way and, in fact, seems a more gentle universe than that one. But I just want for the game to be fun and well written \o/.

About the Titans, well, maybe they make it work in the end somehow. Injustice, depends on who writes I guess. There's fewer and fewer characters every sequel, so there's that.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Why can't they draw the armor in a way that Jason doesn't look like an action figure?

Last edited by Dark_Tzitzimine; 08-13-2021 at 09:29 AM.

Jason will be in Dark Knights of Steel:

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

TASK FORCE Z #2
    Written by MATTHEW ROSENBERG
    Art and cover by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    Variant by RAFAEL SARMENTO
    1:25 variant by EDDY BARROWS and EBER FERREIRA
    $4.99 US (Card stock)
    ON SALE 11/23/21

After Task Force Z's first bloodbath—err, sorry, first mission—goes awry, Red Hood must rethink how to lead a team of unstable monsters against some of the most organized ranks of Lazarus resin dealers in the world. To manage this unruly bunch, Jason Todd is going to need a deputy in the field whom he can trust to be his eyes and ears…but on this team, such an ask isn't limited to the living. A ghost from Suicide Squad past returns in the cameo no one will see coming (that's a clue)! Plus: Bane's rampage, the Resurrection Twins get carried away, and more clues to the secret identity of the team's benefactor!

NIGHTWING 2021 ANNUAL #1
    Written by TOM TAYLOR
    Art by CIAN TORMEY
    Cover by NICOLA SCOTT
    $5.99 US | 48 PAGES
    Variant by MAX DUNBAR
    $6.99 US (Card stock)
    ON SALE 11/30/21

Dick Grayson and Jason Todd, the first Robins, both long ago stepped out of the shadow of the Bat and began walking very different paths on their respective journeys to become who they are today. But now their paths converge and these two brothers unite for one goal. With escrima stick and a crowbar combined, Nightwing and Red Hood are ready for anything...anything except what they have to face next! Don't miss out on this explosive adventure!

TITANS UNITED #3
    Written by CAVAN SCOTT
    Art by JOSE LUIS AND JONAS TRINDADE
    Cover by JAMAL CAMPBELL
    Variant cover by KAEL NGU
    $3.99 US | 32 PGS | 3 of 7 | $4.99 US Variant (Card Stock)
    ON SALE 11/9/21

Raven, Red Hood, and Donna Troy are on the trail of coldhearted killer Lady Vic! How long before bullets start to fly? Meanwhile, Conner Kent has a close encounter with Tamaranean royalty. But with his powers lost, can he survive? And Beast Boy? All Beast Boy wants to do is enjoy his milkshake in peace!

FUTURE STATE: GOTHAM #7
    Written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON and DENNIS CULVER
    Art by GIANNIS MILONOGIANNIS
    Cover by SIMONE DI MEO
    Variant cover by ROSE BESCH
    $3.99 US | 32 PGS | $4.99 US Variant (Card stock)
    ON SALE 11/9/21

It's all-out war as the "Hunt the Batman" arc comes to its pulse-pounding conclusion! The Next Batman faces off against Nightwing and the entire Bat-Family while Jason Todd, now known as Peacekeeper Red, must stop Warmonger from driving every citizen in Gotham City to riot. Can Bat and Red win this one? Can they even survive?

These please me so much. What a time to be a fan. Four things whithin the same month. And I think I'll enjoy all of them.

Remind me, please. Azzarello's mini is already done at that point, or it's every few months?

And Robins, too. I forgot that one.
    And maybe a few panels in other books. Omega included.

Joy.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-13-2021 at 10:45 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Remind me, please. Azzarello's mini is already done at that point, or it's every few months?
    I think it has only 3 issues and finishes in October.

Personally, I'm only looking forward to Titans United and the NW Annual. I'm curious to see if Taylor can do Jason justice now he doesn't one of his girls available. The more I read about Task Force, the less interested I am, and breaking up the GFS Story killed all momentum.