Page 89 of 120 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1797

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I think it has only 3 issues and finishes in October.
    Thanks a lot. Well, still, not bad. It's way more than many other characters who aren't A listers.

- GFS, keeps up the momentum of being 'okay', it's not bad, it's actually got one of the most agreeable interpretations of Jason in there, but the setting is still boring. I hope it picks up soon.
    - Titans United, still appears to be shaping up as the Titans title that I've been waiting for. One that has the Titans fight the enemy instead of each other and one that, you know, actually features the characters you want to see. The actual Titans.
    - An annual where Nightwing teams up with Red Hood, oh the deja vu, I love these two but I wouldn't want them together for too long, so I'm pretty fine with seeing them featured together in these kinds of one off team ups.
    - TFZ, I'm still picking this one up for the writer, but yeah this title still isn't grabbing me. I'm hoping the lack of interest in the solicitations doesn't translate over to the book. Too often I read solicitations that interest me, only to have the book be a major disappointment, I'm hoping this will go in the opposite direction
    - Dark Knights of Steel, I'm on the fence about this one, I would have preferred a different writer for this particular setting, but that Yasmine Putri art is so hard to pass up, it's too beautiful.

So I got around to watching the first three episodes of Titans season 3 and....wow....I am so torn on what they're doing with Jason.

spoilers:
    On one hand, he is already one of the better villains in this series and I love that he killed Hank (here's hoping he stays dead). But on the other hand...I don't know, his whole descent into Red Hood just feels rushed as hell. Like...maybe they shouldn't have had his death and resurrection in the first two episodes. Yeah Jason's been through a lot, especially in the second season. But I feel like we still missed a few steps before he was supposed to go full on murderous rogue who's stopped caring about his...friends? Yeah, we'll call 'em friends. I'm guessing (and hoping) it has something to do with whatever drugs he was inhaling at the start of the first episode. Otherwise...what the hell?
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

Well, I absolutely hate that. Can we get the Mortal Kombat look back, please?
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-13-2021 at 05:08 PM.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Regarding the Nightwing Annual. Cute puppy, on the other hand, what is up with this look for Jason? Was there anything wrong with his other black and red look? I don't know I feel like I'm looking at some mix of Power Rangers meets Transformers, meets something out of the look for like Voltron gear or some Mecha series. Just doesn't feel right.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

....OOOOOH! Arkham Knight! That's approximately what Jason looks like in Arkham Knight after he took off the Knight mask and replace it with the Hood and fights Bruce. All armored up in grey because he's still wearing the Knight armor.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

The toy armor has been a thing for a while, it seems

I was recently aware of this page from Nightwing #79, I believe, Taylor's first issue

And I found very amusing that while Damian is in his current costume, Jason is wearing his Rebirth threads even though he should be using the MK costume.

Extraordinary Member

Why take away his guns now when all media Jason will have them?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Yet another case of the right hand not knowing what the left does.

Yeah, Curran is awfully miscast for Red Hood. He looks like a kid in a costume.

https://twitter.com/Unmoving5/status...36963328708611

Cool Fanart

Because he can't use them in comics or toys or cartons that kids could see or watch. That's my best guess.
    And because they weren't essential to him to begin with. He used them, but he has used a lot of other weapons and fighting styles.
    And guns are boring to watch in a fight. I mean, in my opinion.
    And because he's an antihero, one who's rather heroic, in the mainline universe. And heroes don't kill random tugs in a brawl, and rubber bullets are kind of dumb for some people. And he's stuck with the bats and we know what that means.

Several reasons. Probably. Maybe.

-------

That fanart is awesome.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-15-2021 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Well, maybe incredibly is too much of a strong statement

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Because he can't use them in comics or toys or cartons that kids could see or watch. That's my best guess.
    And because they weren't essential to him to begin with. He used them, but he has used a lot of other weapons and fighting styles.
    And guns are boring to watch in a fight. I mean, in my opinion.
    And because he's an antihero, one who's rather heroic, in the mainline universe. And heroes don't kill random tugs in a brawl, and rubber bullets are kind of dumb for some people. And he's stuck with the bats and we know what that means.

Several reasons. Probably. Maybe.

-------

That fanart is awesome.
    This answer feel weak?
    Falcon
    BlackWidow
    Winter soldier
    Captain America
    Have all uses gun, great toy sales…. I think it will be temporary, especially if Gotham Knight is well received, it’ll be funny when he picks them back up with no explanation

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

It's because other media hasn't catch up to comic depiction, and it's always been like that. Comics first provide the idea, then other media catch up if it's successful.

Under The Red Hood, Arkham Knight, and Titans only started with Under The Red Hood. Because that story's popular.

Gotham Knights only started with Jason's rubber bullets. This one I don't think it's based on book sales because New 52/Rebirth Jason don't sell that well, but because of Jason's popularity in games that they want to include him in a Bat fam game, so they justify it by keeping the guns but changing the bullets, taking the idea from comics.

Meanwhile comics have moved on from rubber bullets and want to seal the deal of folding Jason to the Bat family by getting rid of the guns entirely. Since it's not because of Red Hood book sales, it's probably because they saw all the fans who want Jason be with the family, or because they know fans like Jason, so there will be money to be made, but the only way to justify keeping him around to WB/At&T since his book didn't sell well enough, is by having him appear in Bat family books, but they don't want to compromise Batman and his fans, the bigger seller, so it's Jason who has to change.

Probably. Who knows.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 08-15-2021 at 04:20 PM.

This answer feel weak?
    Falcon
    BlackWidow
    Winter soldier
    Captain America
    Have all uses gun, great toy sales…. I think it will be temporary, especially if Gotham Knight is well received, it’ll be funny when he picks them back up with no explanation
    Movies have very prominent and visible age targeting info for parents. Same as tv shows and videogames. They can choose or not if their kids will see those contents or not with the parental controls and stuff. Toys are different. Same as comics and books. And most content in the net, actually.

This isn't just Red Hood. It's a general thing with WB, I think. It's fine if they're villains or bad guys, though. They keep using them, I think. Jason's probably going to be in next YJ season, and that's a teen aimed cartoon. He's probably not going to use guns there too, but we will see if I'm wrong in this guess game I'm playing or not.

Edit: I mean, as an european who doesn't have many problems with violence and mature content because I'm old myself, I'm finding out that american media aimed to teens and young adults is slowly dialing down not only what you guys traditionaly don't like in said content (nudes, alcohol, smoking, etc), but also explicit violence. Which it's good, to be honest. But for a mature reader who is used to that violence in certain fiction, can be a bit too frustrating, because it's becoming ridiculous. No guns, but sure they can use swords and bows. Huh, alright, whatever. I like those in superhero comics too. After all, I'm a Hawkeye fan.

I actually like him ditching the guns, because as I said, I find guns a bit boring to read, and no, the rubber bullets don't help; they're nonsense (not dumb, police use them; just nonsense in this context. Also, I read somewhere that those tiny bullets can kill too) to me when he easily could use any other weapon or style to achieve the same (not killing bad guys at sight, or even killing them but not oneshotting them). But I get that it can be frustrating. They're cool looking, feel powerful and have been regularly with the character as his main since 2011.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-15-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Is more of a general ban on guns from WB themselves
    The newest Looney Tunes show forced the showrunners to remove Sam and Elmer's guns if they wanted to use them and the toys for DC characters lost all kind of firearms months ago.
    The upcoming unmasked Red Hood figure doesn't even have holsters and it comes with the All-Blades as accessories. The Peacemaker figures come with swords and axes despite Cena never using those weapons in the film.