Page 91 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1797
    Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    The examples are numerous but most of the times is because the actor wants more money or a better contract or for health issues. No production would choose to recast an actor between seasons because they want it.

In this three episodes, i think Curran did a fine job as Red Hood. He does look like a kid tho, he should be with the mask on most of the times while in costume.
    Not that much different from getting a new actor in that case.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Not that much different from getting a new actor in that case.
    Well, then it should work for you too.
    Last edited by Drako; 08-16-2021 at 10:31 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Well, then it should work for you too.
    We all know they won't have him on the mask at all times.

We all know they won't have him on the mask at all times.
    Did you watch the episodes? I know it won't change your opinion, but you could give it a chance at least.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

I did, and I didn't like him as Red Hood. As matter of fact, I don't like him as Robin either but he was at least credible in that role, something he is not as Red Hood.

Incredible Member

Has anyone read the Batman Secret Files: Clownhunter #1?

Only 2 pages with Jason. But if anyone else hates the clowns like Bao does, its Jason.

Mentor Jason is a nice look .

Generation Outlaw proved Jason is fantastic as a mentor but I've always found that having him encourage regular kids to be vigilantes is an awful misread of his character. With his experiences, he would be the last one wanting to see more kids getting dragged into such risky situations as that.

Is the exact same problem that I had with the way King wrote him during the Robin War event.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Has anyone read the Batman Secret Files: Clownhunter #1?

This is a good fit

Extraordinary Member

Generation Outlaw proved Jason is fantastic as a mentor but I've always found that having him encourage regular kids to be vigilantes is an awful misread of his character. With his experiences, he would be the last one wanting to see more kids getting dragged into such risky situations as that.
    Bao is allready 17, so he is older than he looks in this comic, has allredy dragged himself into the life of a vigilante.

He killed 27 of Joker's men so h is far deeper in as the "We are Robin Kids" (or even most of the other Batfamily members when they started) convincing him to retire would not really work.

Him working with Jason would be much less risky than what he is doing now.

So at least in Bao's case it feels in character for me that Jason offers him help.

And Jason's endgoal might actually be for Bao to retire, similarly as it worked out with Joker's daughter.
    Last edited by Aahz; 08-17-2021 at 10:11 PM.

15 or 17 it does not make a difference, is still too young, he also lacks the extensive training or resources that any of the Robins had at their disposition, he just took a bunch of stick and pummeled the lowest tier of criminals Gotham has to offer, hardly any sort of relevant feats. Furthermore, he's aiming for The Joker himself, encouraging him is the same as signing the kid's death sentence. That is not something Jason would ever do.

Joker's Daughter is a different case entirely and Jason did have a crisis when he thought his actions had gotten her killed in the middle of Joker's War, something that should've happened before this scene with Clown Hunter, giving Jason even more reasons to stop this kid from ruining his life in a pointless quest for revenge.

Extraordinary Member

Furthermore, he's aiming for The Joker himself, encouraging him is the same as signing the kid's death sentence. That is not something Jason would ever do.
    Thing is Bao will do it not matter what, with Jason helping him he would have at least have a to survive (Jason basically tells him that).

I mean pretty much the only options Jason would really have to stop Boa on his "quest" would likely either to put him in prison/Arkham/... (ok that would be an option but for some reason even Batman hasn't done that) or to "fullfill the quest" himself before Boa can.

And I don't know how much you read with Bao, but the kid has some pretty serious issues, if Jason would just get him to trust him an work with him, that would already a massive step to help him to get better and kind of the first step to get him to stop.

Whilst I agree that Jason directly supporting kids as vigilantes is a concept that is in deep conflict with his character and a contradiction of what he stood for. I think this moment is meant to be more along the lines of Generation Outlaw, where Jason offered mentorship to 'evil' students under the guise of training them to be villains, whilst in actuality being a more positive role model for them and imparting life lessons upon them about teamwork and the benefits of having allies.

If there is any sense here, I don't think this moment between him and Bao is meant to be taken at face value, otherwise if taking down the Joker was Jason's sincere goal, why would he need a kid to help him do it? He doesn't. He shouldn't. Like @Aahz mentioned, Bao has been shown as a tough kid that even Batman failed to reach out to, he is very dismissive and cynical, so I think it would make sense for Jason to reach out, (similarly like he had with GO and somewhat like with JD) from a standpoint that would help to persuade Bao and not immediately deter him, whilst Jason keeps his more honest and noble intentions aside for the time being.

Or maybe DC really does think that it makes perfect sense for Jason to want sidekicks to help him kill Joker. Who knows these days.
    Last edited by RedBird; 08-18-2021 at 08:09 AM.