Page 92 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 1797

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    While very artistic, and cool looking, Slade and Jason should only ever work together when its one of those massive threats to the world kind of deals. Otherwise, they run pretty counter to one another.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Definitely but that seems to be a minority opinion. A huge part of the appeal of pairing Rose and Jason for most people, is precisely the fact that it will lead to more interactions between Slade and Jason.

Definitely but that seems to be a minority opinion. A huge part of the appeal of pairing Rose and Jason for most people, is precisely the fact that it will lead to more interactions between Slade and Jason.
    Rose, I could see Jason with. Share similar ideals, both have had rocky (putting it very mildly) relationships with their fathers, etc. But Slade? Ugh.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Rose, I could see Jason with. Share similar ideals, both have had rocky (putting it very mildly) relationships with their fathers, etc. But Slade? Ugh.
    Yeah he's too old for him.

The only true appeal of Jason and Rose becoming a couple and tying the knot, would be that it would make Bruce and Slade in-laws. XD

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    The only true appeal of Jason and Rose becoming a couple and tying the knot, would be that it would make Bruce and Slade in-laws. XD
    I could see Rose and Jason getting along just fine. Bruce and Slade having to deal with one another that much more would simply be a plus.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Not to mention Talia by extension, who's had relation with the three of them

Gosh I want it to happen for the sheer drama of it. The Al Ghuls have been too agreeable lately.

Admittedly they seem to like pairing the Waynes and the Wilsons one way or another these days...

I gotta say I am not the biggest fan of the current Red Hood outfit. Wish they would go back to looking more like the original. That just my 2 cents.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Spectacular Member

I hope it's temporary. Not only is it taking away a very familiar aspect of the character, it's not even replacing it with anything meaningful or otherwise logical.

Taking away the dual pistols completely, doesn't even make sense since if the reasoning is just for merch he should still be able to use them in comic story if needed and can just have figures equipped with different weapons, like the recent figure that comes with his All-Blades. And speaking of All-Blades, if we're talking about replacement weapons, why not use them? They are another dual weapon as well, they have been part of Jasons history now for a decade, they are literally a weapon linked to his soul, they allow for Jason to dabble in genres featuring magic, an aspect that would bring a unique element to his character among the general Batfamily.

What's funny is that the guns haven't even been Jasons main weapon in a few years, it's been the dreaded crowbar, which hilariously was supposed to symbolize him becoming more lethal and unhinged, thanks to the brutal symbolism and damage that it can do to a person, and now it's considered the 'nice' weapon? So here's a character who used guns not only because it was in direct opposition to his father figure but also a display of his own moral standings. Here's a character that used the pistols as a quick and lethal way to put down criminals without any needless torment (since prolonged torture was never the Red Hoods goal). And now instead that's been swapped out for a crow bar, which historically has years of iconography from DC as a 'torture device' to mutilate people, and with which Jason has first hand experience in knowing how successfully it can cave in a skull whilst still leaving people alive and suffering. What a nonsensical trade-off.
    I haven't been on the forum for a while and I didn't know that removing the guns was an order.

Red Hood is an interesting character for a variety of reasons that we all know here and if Jason is going to have some of his most interesting characteristics I suppose he will have to face non-human threats which is something that those of us who are RHATO readers are used to fight against zombies or vampires I guess it will be your new occupation in TFZ

I think it would be good that now that Jason is not going to use the guns they focus more on the mystical aspect of the character. that the all blades are used to the maximum capacities that we saw as jason used them on some occasions and it would also be interesting to see him use other powers such as the blow that cancels the magic or go into a trance to go to the astral plane.
    for me it's very cool to see Jason fight like this
    15.jpg
    all blades.jpg
    14.jpg

is the only robin with magic powers should be something very important with which to explore the character
    Last edited by Kalethas31; 08-24-2021 at 09:38 AM.

This is very cool

Astonishing Member

He has pretty funny scene with Damian in latest Robin issue.

Another TEC backup today and it's still good. Rosenberg's Jason, is as entertaining as I was hoping he would be and I'm kind of loving his dynamic with Deb Donavon.
    Personally I've always wanted to see Jason interact more with Harvey Bullock, as a sort of 'Batman and Jim Gordon' kind of routine, but I think Deb may be a great alternative. Also I like the art for this issue, it's really expressive, and works well to enhance the more comedic moments. Still not sold on the armoured legs of Jason's suit, (I commend the artists efforts in making it look as decent as possible, even if I still think the pants need to return), but I'm glad the jacket is at least back, for now.
    Last edited by RedBird; 08-24-2021 at 05:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    He has pretty funny scene with Damian in latest Robin issue.
    Damian actually just wanted a free hug, but then had to cover his tracks

Also notice how Nightwing said Rose contacted Jason, you know for all your shipping/romance implications
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.