Page 93 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 1797

I, uh, actually kinda like the bandana look lmao. It's interesting that he's not using a domino mask, in any case. The backup was fun, honestly, some nice interactions and setup. I really like Jason's aloof portrayal here.

Also, Red Hood looks good here. It's as close as it gets to the Rebirth suit, although it's true he look a bit too toy-like (he needs pants, and also to not lose the jacket like he will in Task Force Z, Fear State... if we go by the covers).

Who's his partner, btw? I'm sure I've missed something.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Also notice how Nightwing said Rose contacted Jason, you know for all your shipping/romance implications
    Yeah, that wasn't lost on me either, especially Damian's "what's the deal between you two?". I wonder if they're going to build it up in some book or if they're just going to appear from time to time together being casual lovers.
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 08-24-2021 at 05:44 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    I, uh, actually kinda like the bandana look lmao. It's interesting that he's not using a domino mask, in any case. The backup was fun, honestly, some nice interactions and setup. I really like Jason's aloof portrayal here.
    I don't really get why he goes to Deb in the first place. He should be able to investigate on his own.

I mean he was trained by the world greatest detective...

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Donovan definitely feels forced into is an otherwise pretty straightforward story. Jason's voice is a lot better than it was in Urban Legends but it still feels like Rosenberg is trying too hard into making him look "cool". And he admits it at some degree, with Donovan questioning why Jason had to go through all that little act to give her the info. Even the "you wouldn't pay it attention otherwise" explanation is pretty weak given the kind of character Donovan is being presented as.

Sure, Jason needs characters to bounce off (Lobdell struggled greatly when writing Jason without a supporting cast) but there are better and more organic ways to introduce them. In hindsight, Martinbrough really had the strongest showing writing Jason, doing pretty much the same thing that Zdasrky and Rosenberg are doing here but better.

The new costume really, really needs the jacket, it gives him his signature silhouette and helps to break the impression of being just a toy armor, plus, it takes away the feeling of Jason just wearing a discount Deathstroke armor. the holsters with the batarangs are too much but I can't help to wonder if the original plan was to have Jason back on the Rebirth suit, guns and all. With the toy armor and the batarangs being something that was edited in after the fact, it wouldn't be the first time that DC pulls a stunt like that.

As for Robin, it was fine I guess. Although Tomasi did better the same angle of Damian outsmarting the ex-Robins and presenting Jason as the emotional one, back in the original Robin War arc at the start of the N52.

His new costume with the jacket looks great.
    Don't know why isn't present in the main book.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Extraordinary Member

Jason and Rose sitting in a tree

Spectacular Member

jacket it is very characteristic of red hood can not not have it

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Donovan definitely feels forced into is an otherwise pretty straightforward story. Jason's voice is a lot better than it was in Urban Legends but it still feels like Rosenberg is trying too hard into making him look "cool". And he admits it at some degree, with Donovan questioning why Jason had to go through all that little act to give her the info. Even the "you wouldn't pay it attention otherwise" explanation is pretty weak given the kind of character Donovan is being presented as.

Sure, Jason needs characters to bounce off (Lobdell struggled greatly when writing Jason without a supporting cast) but there are better and more organic ways to introduce them. In hindsight, Martinbrough really had the strongest showing writing Jason, doing pretty much the same thing that Zdasrky and Rosenberg are doing here but better.

The new costume really, really needs the jacket, it gives him his signature silhouette and helps to break the impression of being just a toy armor, plus, it takes away the feeling of Jason just wearing a discount Deathstroke armor. the holsters with the batarangs are too much but I can't help to wonder if the original plan was to have Jason back on the Rebirth suit, guns and all. With the toy armor and the batarangs being something that was edited in after the fact, it wouldn't be the first time that DC pulls a stunt like that.

As for Robin, it was fine I guess. Although Tomasi did better the same angle of Damian outsmarting the ex-Robins and presenting Jason as the emotional one, back in the original Robin War arc at the start of the N52.
    I agree with the jacket, and my compliment to the inker and colorist for the shine in his helmet

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Jason and Rose sitting in a tree
    Seems like it, or at least leading to it.

Guys, I liked Tec's backup a lot. I think @Serg is going to love it.

- It was a really fun read for me.
    - It's fast paced, even when it doesn't have action on it until the end. If felt longer that it was, but in a good way.
    - Both Jason and Deb are very assertive and competent.
    - Jason is this mystery man with a bit of calm craziness in him who's also a lovable jerk. Reminds me of some 70's/80's heroic action antihero. He always tells the truth, no matter how crazy or like a joke it sounds, with a kind of laid back attitude. But he also keeps data for himself. Reminds me too a bit of some pul heroes in the 40's, I guess. Makes me wonder how he's going to read once he's the main character. Here, we see him from an outsider's point of view.
    - Deb is this nonsense, serious reporter who follows the story with clear and straight course. And she's aware enough to know that Red Hood is supposed to be a gray guy to the public knowledge. Hence why she's cold and distrusting and ends up calling the police. She's a nice depiction of the journalist trope.
    - I think Jason did choose her because he liked her writing better. But also, because he knows she needs the story and was headstrong enough to go with it to the end.
    - I also think he chose to work with a reporter because he needed some backup in case he couldn't make it. Also, because she's a fine bait.
    - And I liked the art in this issue more than in the last one. I mean, it's not as pretty at the main story's art is, but it's fine.

After this, I think I'm going to enjoy TFZ plenty.
    I need to check Robin #5 too. I don't think I'm going to like it, but whatever, it's fine.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-24-2021 at 03:02 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    I wonder if they're going to build it up in some book or if they're just going to appear from time to time together being casual lovers.
    Williamson had them together in Future State, so it is not really surprising he references it here.

Not really sure what I should think Jason being the "emotional" one ... I would prefer if he would get some recognition for skills for a change ...

Spectacular Member

What do you think of Jacob Elordi as an actor for Jason in a movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalethas31 View Post
    What do you think of Jacob Elordi as an actor for Jason in a movie?
    Not to sound rude, but who's him? And is he a good actor?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Not to sound rude, but who's him? And is he a good actor?
    Here's his IMDB.
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm8624059/

I've only heard of the Kissing Booth, but never watched it.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh gosh. He looks like a more handsome Logan Paul in Kissing Booth.

He looks way better with dark hair though.