Page 94 of 120 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1797

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh gosh. He looks like a more handsome Logan Paul in Kissing Booth.

He looks way better with dark hair though.
    Of all the people to be compared to...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Of all the people to be compared to...
    I don't even know what kissing booth is xD. I guess I'll look into wikipedia/imdb and see. I definitely don't know about the guy. So I can't say a thing about what I think about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    I don't even know what kissing booth is xD.
    Netflix romcom film.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalethas31 View Post
    What do you think of Jacob Elordi as an actor for Jason in a movie?
    He's a bit too much of a pretty boy for Jason in my opinion, but he's a fantastic actor from what I've seen of him. He plays a really menacing, manipulative character in the tv series Euphoria, and honestly is quite a scene stealer. You just love to hate him!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Netflix romcom film.
    Oh, ok. Thank you .

So according to the latest advertisement for TFZ and also by Rosenberg, TFZ is apparently a 12 issue series, not an ongoing? I mean we all assumed the premise wouldn't last long anyway, but after seeing the writer confirm it as an ongoing several times, (and as not a mini or a maxi series) I am perplexed by this change. Is the definition of 'ongoing' more looser these days? (I assumed a maxi series was 12 issues), or has the book already been cut down in some way?

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Told you guys it wasn't an ongoing.

For reference

Makes more sense, and I'm honestly glad as much as I enjoyed Road to TSZ #2. There's only so much you can do with that premise.

So back to the guessing game and see what the hell they're up to with Jason afterwards. Still betting on minis, backups and cameos.

Quote Originally Posted by CorDaytona View Post
    Makes more sense, and I'm honestly glad as much as I enjoyed Road to TSZ #2. There's only so much you can do with that premise.

So back to the guessing game and see what the hell they're up to with Jason afterwards. Still betting on minis, backups and cameos.
    The change is still strange and somewhat suspicious, but from the looks of it, yeah, that sounds about right. Looks like there's nothing but minis on the horizon.
    In that case, I hope we'll eventually see a mini that's more akin to what Martinbrough was doing with Jason in rhato 51 and 52. It'll also be nice if DC gave Soy a Red Hood/Red Ronin elseworld title to place all that lovely art.

It does make more sense, but I think they may have cut down the series to 12 issues at some point after the announcement.

Well, the Moon Knight way of releasing stories for Jason it is. Not bad, could be worse I guess.

I hope it sells a lot and they regret giving him just minis and maxis (*puts on an evil face*)
    Last edited by Zaresh; 08-31-2021 at 01:02 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

As long as we keep getting new Jason stuff, I don’t mind if they keep him in limited series books or an ongoing one.

Spoilers for Titans season 3
    spoilers:
    So, Jason in Titans. An entire episode was dedicated to what happened to him after he left the Titans, up until the present. There was some good points, like Bruce seeing Jason as a son and Leslie Thompkins being genuinely helpful in their sessions. Then, Bruce had to Bruce it. Whatever trust and progress was made, Bruce ruined it. Made Jason vulnerable, and desperate for someone he could trust. Sadly, it meant Crane. From there, Crane orchestrated Jason becoming dependent on his "no fear" drug. Manipulating him every step of the way, but allowing Jason to keep some mental faculties.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Wonderful, just what we needed, more character assassination.

It does make more sense, but I think they may have cut down the series to 12 issues at some point after the announcement.
    Hmm, well the series is set in Gotham, I wonder if Tynions departure means that the fallout and status quo of Gotham/Batverse resulting from Fear State will be cut down/shortened from the initial '3 year plan', ergo, books linked to that specific new status quo being cut down and shortened or otherwise changed.

Well, the Moon Knight way of releasing stories for Jason it is. Not bad, could be worse I guess.

I hope it sells a lot and they regret giving him just minis and maxis (*puts on an evil face*)
    The Moon Knight comparison gets stronger . Still holding out for an ongoing some day, but with the more focussed storytelling that a mini or maxi series provides, in the meantime, it would be nice to at least have some more solid, complete and concise stories about Jason on the bookshelf.

Also it looks like Gotham Knights may just show up in the next DC fandome. We already saw some Batgirl and Robin gameplay last time, I'm hoping to see some Nightwing and Red Hood gameplay next.
    Also also, if the new Suicide Squad game has a more expansive 'villain' roster, then I wonder if there will be any truth to those earlier theories about Red Hood being a playable/DLC character.

Speaking of MK, he's in one of those periods where he actually has an ongoing and I gotta say that, only two issues, I'm loving it. So much stuff that I wanted the character to get rid of, fun premise, good use of his mental illness and great art.

But yeah, while Jason's stories this past year haven't been amazing, I enjoyed all of them, some of them quite a lot. So I'm overall more satisfied with the character than during Lobdell's run (unless we're talking his genuinely great first Rebirth half).

I bet on another mini when TSZ is done. Please wear a jacket afterwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Also it looks like Gotham Knights may just show up in the next DC fandome. We already saw some Batgirl and Robin gameplay last time, I'm hoping to see some Nightwing and Red Hood gameplay next.
    Also also, if the new Suicide Squad game has a more expansive 'villain' roster, then I wonder if there will be any truth to those earlier theories about Red Hood being a playable/DLC character.
    I'm dying to see Red Hood's combat in GK, since this seems to be a pretty melee-focused game. It'll be interesting to see how his guns are handled (I could see an emphasis on some gun-fu, close quarters ****). Also, traversal: so far, Batgirl has the cape and Robin a teleport. Wonder what they'll do for Jason and Dick, there's plenty of stuff they could pull from the comics.

As for Rocksteady's SS game, ****, I didn't think about it. It could be interesting to see Arkhamverse Jason once more and see how much he's developed since his whiny, murderous days.
    Last edited by CorDaytona; 09-01-2021 at 03:24 PM.