Page 60 of 162 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470110160 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post

Unfortunately, I can see it from Zdarsky's perspective. First of all, no matter how stagnant and sometimes non-cohesive his recent issues have been, he still gets great reviews on the web for his Daredevil work (see ComicBookRoundup). Quality doesn't even matter at this point as he's allowed to live on past success on the title.

So, if I were him, I'd focus on my creator-owned work and also my DC work because I might have a chance to be the next Batman writer. And at Marvel, I'm going to try to do a great job with Spider's Shadow because I'm in the running for writing Amazing Spider-Man since Spencer is leaving.
    I kind of feel that Zdarsky got so taken up by the fact that he was writing some Batman, that Daredevil took s back seat. We could all be wrong and he has some fantastic story and endgame lined up.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post

This run began extraordinary well so I want to give the benefit of the doubt despite current misgivings.
    Yes, my thoughts also.

Daredevil by kerowack:

Matt Murdock by ellie ♡@_ellieoo_:

Digital sketch of Daredevil by MatomanX@letterstomato

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yep, we definitely differ here. I actually grew to like Rivera and Javier Rodriguez quite a bit.
    Agreed. Samnee will always be a fave, but the team of Rivera/Rodriguez certainly made things interesting (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Samnee will always be a fave, but the team of Rivera/Rodriguez certainly made things interesting (IMHO):

Oh yeah, issue one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    Didn't Elektra prevent the Stromwyns from taking over Hell's Kitchen? I could've sworn she did and if that's the case then the Stromwyns should be playing a major role in what's developing in Daredevil right now. There should be a war going on with the Stromwyns vs. Elektra vs the Kingpin. Point is, more should be done with the Stromwyns. They're too powerful to be forgotten.
    Yes she did and yes they should. Like many characters the Stromwyns were suddenly dropped but they may return for the reasons you stated. What’s more, that probably would have been a more interesting conflict that Elektra vs Bulleye part ad infinitum.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, Soule wrote/said somewhere that he had one more story. If I find it, I'll post it. Looking at that last Soule arc, it just seems slightly out of place and off and I didn't care for it That's my take anyway.
    Ah yes I recall now. I may be mistaken but I think it was actually on his Twitter.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-23-2021 at 04:23 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Is Typhoid Mary not acting like the playful and seductive Typhoid or the timid and shy Mary? Who is the character with Kingpin supposed to be? She’s acting like neither personality nor is she even wearing the face paint anymore to at least indicate that this is indeed the Typhoid personality. So who is that?
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-23-2021 at 05:10 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

I think one of my favorite aspects of this run is that Matt has actually been out of consume for the majority of it yet the story has been just as interesting barring the obvious criticisms. I don’t know of many characters who go could get away with that and I think it’s a testament to how compelling of a character Daredevil is not to mention Born Again and Man Without Fear to name some others where the constume is largely absent but the story is just as gripping if not more so.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-23-2021 at 09:08 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Ah yes I recall now. I may be mistaken but I think it was actually on his Twitter.
    Yes, probably.

Is Typhoid Mary not acting like the playful and seductive Typhoid or the timid and shy Mary? Who is the character with Kingpin supposed to be? She’s acting like neither personality nor is she even wearing the face paint anymore to at least indicate that this is indeed the Typhoid personality. So who is that?
    I have thought the same. From Marvel Database/Fandom:

Mary also had dissociative identity disorder, causing her to have two other abnormal alters in addition to her main, seemingly normal one. "Mary" was a demure, quiet pacifist; "Typhoid" was audacious, lustful, and vicious; and "Bloody Mary" was merciless, brutal, and hated all men. Mary occasionally manifested a fourth alter, "Walker", who acted as a moderating influence on the others.

It could be the Walker personality.