Page 119 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1969109115116117118119120121122123129 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 2426

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, this I know. I was referring to how much of Daredevil will be in the tie-ins?
    Gotcha. Nothing indicates he’ll be in any of those announced so far but there’ll probably be plenty more.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 10-13-2021 at 12:09 PM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Epic Collection 12 just announced for next year. The beginning of the Nocenti run I believe.
    Not quite the omnibus some want but at least her run is fully collected.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It's actually the one I wanted most. I think early Nocenti is underrated and has a very different tone from the more high concept stuff she had at the end. It felt the most truly connected to Hells Kitchen of anything.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It's actually the one I wanted most. I think early Nocenti is underrated and has a very different tone from the more high concept stuff she had at the end. It felt the most truly connected to Hells Kitchen of anything.
    Probably because Hells Kitchen was actually the setting early on, no? And I find it interesting how folks can call the post Typhoid Mary arc of that run anything but the very weird odyssey it becomes.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 10-13-2021 at 05:33 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

This is now a Devil’s Reign tie-in
    https://www.gamesradar.com/luke-cage...review-covers/

Last edited by Nanashi; 10-13-2021 at 05:52 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Daredevil sketch by seketces@seketces:

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Epic Collection 12 just announced for next year. The beginning of the Nocenti run I believe.
    To collect #234-252:

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Probably because Hells Kitchen was actually the setting early on, no? And I find it interesting how folks can call the post Typhoid Mary arc of that run anything but the very weird odyssey it becomes.
    Yes, I'm inclined to agree with you. Personally, I'm not a fan of the Nocenti run, although it has its moments.

Daredevil featured in the new Marvel Meow book by Nao Fuji:

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

It's set in Hell's Kitchen but more importantly, it features every day characters from the area. The kids are the most obvious example (and they're actually really tragic characters with homes full of abuse, poverty, and drug and alcohol use), but there's also a friend of Karen Page whose name I'm drawing a blank on who was interesting character that didn't get explored enough. I can't think of another time Matt truly felt part of a community like he did then.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Extraordinary Member

This is now a Devil’s Reign tie-in
    https://www.gamesradar.com/luke-cage...review-covers/

So just like in KIB they are taking stories that were either part of no event or a seperate one and pushing them in this.C'mon man........

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

This is great news! I'm a huge fan of the entire Nocenti run.
    I already have those issues in singles but I just might consider getting this if my budget permits.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

It's set in Hell's Kitchen but more importantly, it features every day characters from the area. The kids are the most obvious example (and they're actually really tragic characters with homes full of abuse, poverty, and drug and alcohol use), but there's also a friend of Karen Page whose name I'm drawing a blank on who was interesting character that didn't get explored enough. I can't think of another time Matt truly felt part of a community like he did then.
    That's true that there was a little bit more of the everyday man but it was still pretty wacky. There was also the free law clinic that Matt and Karen set up in the neighborhood. Hilda was Karen's friend IINM and the kids were called The Fatboys even though the name didn't fit. They first appeared in the Longshot mini-series also written by Nocenti. Bullet also first appeared in these early Nocenti DD issues. He's probably the only villain created by Nocenti in her Daredevil run that I actually like.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    That's true that there was a little bit more of the everyday man but it was still pretty wacky. There was also the free law clinic that Matt and Karen set up in the neighborhood. Hilda was Karen's friend IINM and the kids were called The Fatboys even though the name didn't fit. They first appeared in the Longshot mini-series also written by Nocenti. Bullet also first appeared in these early Nocenti DD issues. He's probably the only villain created by Nocenti in her Daredevil run that I actually like.
    What about Typhoid Mary?
    Last edited by Nanashi; 10-14-2021 at 02:17 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Elektra: Woman without fear mini starting in January as part of Devil's Reign:
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/comicbo...-without-fear/