Page 40 of 162 FirstFirst ... 303637383940414243445090140 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Daredevil by Sebastián Píriz:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Zdarsky is much better, I agree. My biggest complaint with him is he seems to act as if the entire allowed list of Daredevil villains is the Frank Miller canon plus the Owl (which is similar to Bendis here). I don't think it's completely been cleared up, but I'm glad he had Elektra already know Matt's identity without Matt revealing it because it was strongly implied in Bendis's Defenders that she already knew.
    I also think it was a wise move to have Elektra know his identity. For her not to be in the know taking into the fact that she and Daredevil had a relationship just seemed totally off.

Mephisto's World Introduces the SCARIEST Daredevil Ever:

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-daredevil-follows-mephisto/

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I agree, Kingpin and in particular constantly having Bullseye is getting very repetitive. In a way, Fisk is unavoidable as he's the Mayor.
    I don’t think Fisk as Mayor makes him an unavoidable villain. Soule introduced him as such and continued to tell good stories without him as a major player.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 06-06-2021 at 08:13 AM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Mephisto's World Introduces the SCARIEST Daredevil Ever:

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-daredevil-follows-mephisto/
    Has anyone been following the Heroes Reborn stuff? Am I reading this correctly that American Knights is sort of the closest to a Daredevil book?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Speaking of the crime families, with so many characters resurfacing after some time off panel I’m hoping Mindy comes back soon. But if she does, with Matt in prison and Mike taking on his identity, if she reaches out to Matt it’ll obviously be Mike she gets in contact with and I don’t imagine Mike will make anything better for anyone. What a mess that’ll become.
    Yeah, with Matt in prison, Mike can practically screw up his life even more by the time he gets out.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Yeah, with Matt in prison, Mike can practically screw up his life even more by the time he gets out.
    'Mike" was such a bad idea. I disliked him when he was first introduced back in the Silver Age and was glad to see the back of him. I was very disappointed to see him reintroduced by Soule at the end of his run. I hope they finally get rid of him in Zdarsky's run and they undo the retcon of Matt's childhood with his "brother".

I don’t think Fisk as Mayor makes him an unavoidable villain. Soule introduced him as such and continued to tell good stories without him as a major player.
    Yes, he did but Kingpin became an integral part of the run near the end with the whole "Mayor" issue.

'Mike" was such a bad idea. I disliked him when he was first introduced back in the Silver Age and was glad to see the back of him. I was very disappointed to see him reintroduced by Soule at the end of his run. I hope they finally get rid of him in Zdarsky's run and they undo the retcon of Matt's childhood with his "brother".
    As has been said before, I think Mike may very well be the sacrifice in place of Matt that Elektra needs in her plan to finally take down the Hand. And during his retcon he does seem to be protective if not care very much for Matt. Maybe he’ll find out Matt is DD and willingly take his place in Elektra’s plan some how. Perhaps making him real was to give his sacrifice more weight. It’s an easy out to maybe not undo the retcon but to give the character a much wanted exit by many but in a meaningful way as opposed to retconning his retcon.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 06-06-2021 at 03:46 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Yes, he did but Kingpin became an integral part of the run near the end with the whole "Mayor" issue.
    Towards the end deposing Fisk was a goal but he was largely in the background.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Daredevil by Benjamin Filby

- George Orwell

- Voltair

As has been said before, I think Mike may very well be the sacrifice in place of Matt that Elektra needs in her plan to finally take down the Hand. And during his retcon he does seem to be protective if not care very much for Matt. Maybe he’ll find out Matt is DD and willingly take his place in Elektra’s plan some how. Perhaps making him real was to give his sacrifice more weight. It’s an easy out to maybe not undo the retcon but to give the character a much wanted exit by many but in a meaningful way as opposed to retconning his retcon.
    Well, that would definitely be a good way out and solve some problems. Personally, I would rather have them somehow undo the retcon in the process.

Daredevil by Todor Hristov:

Well, that would definitely be a good way out and solve some problems. Personally, I would rather have them somehow undo the retcon in the process.
    Sure. That too.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Daredevil by James J. Sarno: