Page 59 of 162 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109159 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    LUKE CAGE: CITY OF FIRE #1 (OF 3)
    HO CHE ANDERSON (W) • FARID KARAMI (A) • Cover by TAURIN CLARKE
    Miles Morales: Spider-Man 10th ANNIVERSARY Variant Cover by KHARY RANDOLPH
    Headshot Variant Cover by TODD NAUCK
    Variant cover by HO CHE ANDERSON
    AN ALL-TOO-RELEVANT STORY ROCKS THE MARVEL U!
    When a Black man is murdered by a police officer in New York City, Luke Cage is called to action. But what does a good man do when protecting the streets puts him at odds with his own people? A cadre of crooked cops named the Regulators are out to terrorize ordinary citizens, and with Daredevil determined to bring them down no matter the cost and Mayor Fisk equally determined to use them to tighten his grip on the city, it’s up to Cage to keep the city from completely going up in flames. Joined by an exciting lineup of artists (Farid Karami on #1, Ray-Anthony Height on #2 and Sean Damien Hill on #3), celebrated creator Ho Che Anderson (King: A Comics Biography of Martin Luther King, Jr.; Scream Queen) makes his Marvel debut with an ambitious, hard-hitting story unlike any you’ve seen in the 616. Change is coming — and it starts here.
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

Why is black capitalized? And why put the color? If it was anyone else would Luke not have cared to take action? Is he not a hero regardless? Hopefully “Daredevil” has a considerable role in this.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-22-2021 at 02:20 PM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

DAREDEVIL EPIC COLLECTION: DEAD MAN’S HAND TPB
    Volume #16 in the Daredevil Epic Collections
    Written by D.G. CHICHESTER, GLENN HERDLING, GREGORY WRIGHT, FABIAN NICIEZA, CHUCK DIXON & ANN NOCENTI
    Penciled by M.C. WYMAN, RON GARNEY, SCOTT MCDANIEL, PAT OLLIFFE, JOHN HEBERT
    & TOM GRINDBERG
    Cover by SCOTT MCDANIEL
    Who will claim the Kingpin’s empire? Wilson Fisk has fallen – and would-be crime lord the Owl sinks his talons into New York City! Meanwhile, the sinister Surgeon General slices her way through unsuspecting victims – and her next “patients” may be Daredevil and Spider-Man! But when Nelson & Murdock roll the dice on a big case in Las Vegas, DD finds a cabal of criminals looking to step into Fisk’s oversized shoes! With Tombstone, Hammerhead, Silvermane and Justin Hammer mingling with representatives of Hydra, the Secret Empire, the Hand and more, chaos is in the cards — and when violent vigilantes Nomad and the Punisher arrive in Sin City, all bets are off! Plus: Can Daredevil defeat his own twisted doppelganger? Collecting DAREDEVIL (1964) #301-311 and ANNUAL #8, NOMAD (1992) #4-6, PUNISHER WAR JOURNAL (1988) #45-47 and material from MARVEL HOLIDAY SPECIAL #2.
    472 PGS./Rated T …$44.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-93238-1
    Trim size: 6-5/8 x 10-3/16

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Yes, it's very weird. I get the sense that Zdarsky has somewhat lost interest and isn't much into the details and cohesiveness anymore.
    Yeah, I kind of felt the same. I hope not and I hope he does Daredevil right. They cut Soule's run by at least one story so they could get Zdarsky on board, do Zdarsky needs to give us a cohesive and complete run.

Yeah, I kind of felt the same. I hope not and I hope he does Daredevil right. They cut Soule's run by at least one story so they could get Zdarsky on board, do Zdarsky needs to give us a cohesive and complete run.
    I also felt Soule’s run ended prematurely. Was this actually stated by anyone?

It’s funny you say that about a cohesive and complete run considering it still has yet to be explained how Daredevil survived a fatal stabbing ordered and watched over by the warden.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-22-2021 at 02:35 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Why is black capitalized? And why put the color? If it was anyone else would Luke not have cared to take action? Is he not a hero regardless? Hopefully “Daredevil” has a considerable role in this.
    To your first question, here's a link (with sources of its own) to tackle that. https://www.popsugar.com/smart-livin...lized-48097611

For your second question, it's because the character's race is going to play an important role of the story. Obviously Luke is still a hero and would help anyone, but from the synopsis it's pretty clearly going to be tackling some heavy issues.

I'm not trying to start an argument, but why exactly did the fact that they capitalized Black and also mentioned the character's race rub you the wrong way? I'm genuinely curious.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffinFlop View Post
    To your first question, here's a link (with sources of its own) to tackle that. https://www.popsugar.com/smart-livin...lized-48097611

For your second question, it's because the character's race is going to play an important role of the story. Obviously Luke is still a hero and would help anyone, but from the synopsis it's pretty clearly going to be tackling some heavy issues.

I'm not trying to start an argument, but why exactly did the fact that they capitalized Black and also mentioned the character's race rub you the wrong way? I'm genuinely curious.
    The article in that link is some victimhood garbage. I don’t tolerate that nonsense. But I appreciate the attempt to provide an answer nonetheless. Whether you’re one color or another shouldn’t determine your value as a person. Your actions should. Period.

Something tells me those heavy issues will be more like propagated falsehoods.

It’s improper grammar that shouldn’t have been let through and the race is irrelevant. If the person is innocent then they deserve justice as would anyone else. This comic seems to be more abhorrent agenda pushing than storytelling based on the solicitation alone. But that’s just the solicitation and the comic isn’t it out yet but there are copious red flags that make this seem like it’ll be a rather detestable series.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-22-2021 at 04:41 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Cool cover for White Tiger.

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Incredible Member

The author of that Luke Cage book was literally named after Ho Chi Minh and Che Guevarra according to his wiki, lol. Yes, I'm pretty sure there will be some left-wing politics in that book.

Let’s hope that’s not the case. The news of another Daredevil has must surface soon, I’d think.
    Unfortunately, I can see it from Zdarsky's perspective. First of all, no matter how stagnant and sometimes non-cohesive his recent issues have been, he still gets great reviews on the web for his Daredevil work (see ComicBookRoundup). Quality doesn't even matter at this point as he's allowed to live on past success on the title.

So, if I were him, I'd focus on my creator-owned work and also my DC work because I might have a chance to be the next Batman writer. And at Marvel, I'm going to try to do a great job with Spider's Shadow because I'm in the running for writing Amazing Spider-Man since Spencer is leaving.

The author of that Luke Cage book was literally named after Ho Chi Minh and Che Guevarra according to his wiki, lol. Yes, I'm pretty sure there will be some left-wing politics in that book.
    Unfortunately. That questionable solicitation alone just annihilated my interest in that series.

Unfortunately, I can see it from Zdarsky's perspective. First of all, no matter how stagnant and sometimes non-cohesive his recent issues have been, he still gets great reviews on the web for his Daredevil work (see ComicBookRoundup). Quality doesn't even matter at this point as he's allowed to live on past success on the title.

So, if I were him, I'd focus on my creator-owned work and also my DC work because I might have a chance to be the next Batman writer. And at Marvel, I'm going to try to do a great job with Spider's Shadow because I'm in the running for writing Amazing Spider-Man since Spencer is leaving.
    This run began extraordinary well so I want to give the benefit of the doubt despite current misgivings.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Incredible Member

This run began extraordinary well so I want to give the benefit of the doubt despite current misgivings.
    Well, it's your theory that Zdarsky's focus on creator-owned > his focus on DD. I'm just adding that DD is even lower on the totem pole than you're suggesting. He's thinking more about Spider's Shadow and his DC work, imo.

Like you, I hope I'm wrong, and the book starts improving.

Well, it's your theory that Zdarsky's focus on creator-owned > his focus on DD. I'm just adding that DD is even lower on the totem pole than you're suggesting. He's thinking more about Spider's Shadow and his DC work, imo.

Like you, I hope I'm wrong, and the book starts improving.
    Oh, sure. I don’t know if I’d go that far, though. And yes I’m keeping optimistic for how this run continues to unfold too.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Didn't Elektra prevent the Stromwyns from taking over Hell's Kitchen? I could've sworn she did and if that's the case then the Stromwyns should be playing a major role in what's developing in Daredevil right now. There should be a war going on with the Stromwyns vs. Elektra vs the Kingpin. Point is, more should be done with the Stromwyns. They're too powerful to be forgotten.

I'm not familiar with this writer but his name does speak mountains. I don't know how this comic will be written but I'm interested if not only for Daredevil. I know politics will feature in comics and I do believe racism does need to be tackled in one way or another. I do have a problem with writers who have a massive slant to the left or right and blatantly push it in their comics. I think writers such as Waid, Slott and Ewing sometimes push their liberal agenda too far. Ewing is a fantastic and intelligent writer but his views in certain comics show through. Saying that, I'm enjoying his Immortal Hulk and his Ultimates run was pretty good.

I also felt Soule’s run ended prematurely. Was this actually stated by anyone?

It’s funny you say that about a cohesive and complete run considering it still has yet to be explained how Daredevil survived a fatal stabbing ordered and watched over by the warden.
    Yes, Soule wrote/said somewhere that he had one more story. If I find it, I'll post it. Looking at that last Soule arc, it just seems slightly out of place and off and I didn't care for it That's my take anyway.