Page 162 of 162 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162
Results 2,416 to 2,426 of 2426

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Bendis’ run with Maleev is amazing. Brubaker’s is too. The current one is very enjoyable too. Daredevil: Born Again, the Miller run around Elektra’s introduction. I’m not an expert on the older stuff though.
    Thank you! I’ll go take a peek!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Newly Daredevil reader. I can say I enjoy it! Which runs are really good start with? Matt and Fisk relationship seems real intense.
    Welcome. I would definitely say start with the Man Without Fear mini-series by Frank Miller and John Romita Jr and then follow that up with the Frank Miller run and his second mini-run "Born Again" with David Mazzucchelli. Those are great starting points to see the evolution of Matt's and Fisk's relationship as well as Elektra and The Hand . As Vitaminbee wrote both Bendis and Brubaker have very good runs. I would suggest reading Smith, Quesada and Mack's short stint before Bendis though. My second favourite run after Miller is Soule's run which takes place before the current Zdarsky run.

After re-reading Guardian Devil, I'd like to see Mysterio return and plague Daredevil again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    After re-reading Guardian Devil, I'd like to see Mysterio return and plague Daredevil again.
    Excellent suggestion! If Quentin Beck is truly among the living, then I'd definitely support this decision.

Last edited by K7P5V; 12-30-2021 at 09:04 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Excellent suggestion! If Quentin Beck is truly among the living, then I'd definitely support this decision.

The last time I read/saw Quentin Beck, he was alive and well and a major starrer in the Amazing Mary Jane mini-series from 2019- 2020. Not sure if he appeared in anything else later.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    The last time I read/saw Quentin Beck, he was alive and well and a major starrer in the Amazing Mary Jane mini-series from 2019- 2020. Not sure if he appeared in anything else later.
    OMG! Thanks, Raffi Ol D'Arcy! Hopefully, it was the 616 version...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    He's back from the dead and was a part of Spencer's finale

Incredible Member

My last purchase for the year, (well I think, there is still time lol) contained the Soule Omni (standard cover) and The latest epic as well. A good way to End the year.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Newly Daredevil reader. I can say I enjoy it! Which runs are really good start with? Matt and Fisk relationship seems real intense.
    I always think Frank Miller's run holds up great and is the definitive run for the character. I'd recommend starting there.

If you want to go darker from there, I'd recommend Bendis followed by Brubaker. If you want to go lighter, I'd recommend Mark Waid.

BTW, anyone reading Devil's Reign outside the main book? I'm curious if any tie-ins seem worth it. The book seems to setting up lots of sub-plots but I don't know if they'll go anywhere.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I always think Frank Miller's run holds up great and is the definitive run for the character. I'd recommend starting there.

If you want to go darker from there, I'd recommend Bendis followed by Brubaker. If you want to go lighter, I'd recommend Mark Waid.

BTW, anyone reading Devil's Reign outside the main book? I'm curious if any tie-ins seem worth it. The book seems to setting up lots of sub-plots but I don't know if they'll go anywhere.
    Unless I can be convinced otherwise, I will only pick up Woman Without Fear. I'll get the rest in trades.

I'm rereading Zdarsky's run and I think Jorge Fornes is one of my favorite DD artists.