Page 124 of 162 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2426

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    I can’t be the only one getting Civil War/Dark Reign vibes, right?
    You're definitely not the only one. I'm getting the same vibes. I'm getting more hyped up with each announcement.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    You're definitely not the only one. I'm getting the same vibes. I'm getting more hyped up with each announcement.
    I’m excited too to be sure, but what I meant was more like, and this goes for much of Zdarsky’s DD run to date, it’s a lot of been there and done that already. The conflict for Devil’s Reign (outlawed heroes hunted by a villain in power) isn’t anything new at all and nothing that hasn’t been done very recently (Dark Reign). I may certainly be surprised and I hope to be but I can’t help that with such a well worn premise this may be as stale as his Daredevil run can be at times reusing ideas that have already been well done.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 10-23-2021 at 12:00 PM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

IÂ’m excited too to be sure, but what I meant was more like, and this goes for much of ZdarskyÂ’s DD run to date, itÂ’s a lot of been there done and that already. The conflict for DevilÂ’s Reign (outlawed heroes hunted by a villain in power) isnÂ’t anything new at all and nothing that hasnÂ’t been done very recently (Dark Reign). I may certainly be surprised and I hope to be but I canÂ’t help that with such a well worn premise this may be as stale as his Daredevil run can be at times reusing ideas that have already been well done.
    These days, Marvel just keeps recycling events, there rarely is any originality. There's a lot of rinse, wash, repeat. I would say the last original event IMO was probably Original Sin, although War of the Realms had its moments. If Devil's Reign is done well, it could be enjoyable. With regarding Daredevil's inclusion in the tie-ins, it would seem he's only involved in the Luke Cage mini-series.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    These days, Marvel just keeps recycling events, there rarely is any originality. There's a lot of rinse, wash, repeat. I would say the last original event IMO was probably Original Sin, although War of the Realms had its moments. If Devil's Reign is done well, it could be enjoyable. With regarding Daredevil's inclusion in the tie-ins, it would seem he's only involved in the Luke Cage mini-series.
    What a shame. And based on the covers, that’s Elektra in the Luke Cage tie-in. Matt, at least so far, is only in the main series where hopefully he’s the focus more often than not.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

What a shame. And based on the covers, that’s Elektra in the Luke Cage tie-in. Matt, at least so far, is only in the main series where hopefully he’s the focus more often than not.
    The main one is by Chip so that's what counts for me, the rest will vary in quality drastically.

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    The main one is by Chip so that's what counts for me, the rest will vary in quality drastically.
    The Elektra Woman Without Fear tie-in is also by Zdarsky so I’d say that’s worth checking out too.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

The Elektra Woman Without Fear tie-in is also by Zdarsky so I’d say that’s worth checking out too.
    Oh yeah, I was talking about Matt only but def. checking out that as well

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

I can’t be the only one getting Civil War/Dark Reign vibes, right?
    It feels like Dark Reign but with Fisk instead of Osborne, which, to me, is more interesting.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    It feels like Dark Reign but with Fisk instead of Osborne, which, to me, is more interesting.
    Considering Osborn was literally psychotic constantly on the verge of breaking as he barely holds himself together to appear competent on a world stage, I’d say he’s the more interesting antagonist. Why do you like Fisk more?
    Last edited by Nanashi; 10-23-2021 at 09:01 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Ed Brubaker and His ‘Reckless’ Journey: Winter Soldier Co-Creator Talks Pulp Heroes and His Marvel Years
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...el-1235034966/

It may be wishful thinking that he’d come back and do something celebratory for Daredevil at some point if asked after his displeasure with what happened with the movies but it doesn’t sound like he’s on bad term with Marvel so fingers crossed!
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

Considering Osborn was literally psychotic constantly on the verge of breaking as he barely holds himself together to appear competent on a world stage, I’d say he’s the more interesting antagonist. Why do you like Fisk more?
    Same, there was a sense of urgency and atmosphere in Dark reign that I loved which I don't think Fisk has re-created.I think the ending was weak, it should have been a big battle in NYC.Spider-man being captive should have been to infiltrate and get a virus to prove Osborn was a bad guy, etc.
    Spider-man really should have been front and centre and they basically ignored him, really hope DD doesn't get the same treatment here.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Same, there was a sense of urgency and atmosphere in Dark reign that I loved which I don't think Fisk has re-created.I think the ending was weak, it should have been a big battle in NYC.Spider-man being captive should have been to infiltrate and get a virus to prove Osborn was a bad guy, etc.
    Spider-man really should have been front and centre and they basically ignored him, really hope DD doesn't get the same treatment here.
    Yea. That’s what I’m thinking may happen to DD in Devils Reign too. The only solace that Daredevil will be central is that they canceled his ongoing so he must have lots of page time in Devils Reign. Or so one would assume.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

Yea. That’s what I’m thinking may happen to DD in Devils Reign too. The only solace that Daredevil will be central is that they canceled his ongoing so he must have lots of page time in Devils Reign. Or so one would assume.
    Here's hoping

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Fisk is a well-established mastermind who always had ties to government corruption and isn't a split-personality nut who throws pumpkin bombs. I always thought it was odd trying to turn Osborn into Lex Luthor.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?