Page 38 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 922
  1. #556
    Astonishing Member Nanashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    But he's mentally unstable to the point where he's not thinking straight and is weaving in and out of scenarios. He's having a psychotic breakdown so his reality is warped. He's someone who trusts his senses and his senses weren't reliable at that time
    That’s where it loses me, though. As soon as he finds out it’s the Kingpin behind everything why does the decent continue? He knows what’s going on and why. If things had just continued to get worse and worse without anything indicating anyone or anything then Matt losing his mind would maybe have had more credence.

    Why do you say his senses weren’t reliable? Because he envisioned beating the Kingpin while he was still in the room? His sense were reliable enough to take out the thieves on the train.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 06-01-2021 at 07:03 PM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'

    - George Orwell

  2. #557
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    13,084

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Thatís where it loses me, though. As soon as he finds out itís the Kingpin behind everything why does the decent continue? He knows whatís going on and why. If things had just continued to get worse and worse without anything indicating anyone or anything then Matt losing his mind would maybe have had more credence.

    Why do you say his senses werenít reliable? Because he envisioned beating the Kingpin while he was still in the room? His sense were reliable enough to take out the thieves on the train.
    Matt only reacted to the thugs on the train when they directly threatened him. He didn't do anything when they were attacking others.

    If you're paranoid that everyone is out to get you then everyone is out to get you. He knows that the Kingpin is behind it but he thinks that everyone works for the Kingpin. He thinks Foggy betrayed him with Gloria one minute and the next he thinks he's talking to Foggy about killing the Kingpin and believes that Foggy thinks it's okay.

    Just because he knows the Kingpin is behind everything that doesn't make his mental illness all better.

    For the last few decades, Matt has been dealing with the duality of his nature. Someone who believes in justice but constantly takes the law into his own hands. He's had a difficult time reconciling that and it's been a theme for a long time. He had another breakdown during Ann Nocenti's final arc where he believed that he was his dad jack Murdock.

  3. #558
    Dark Angel of Feminism Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Otherworld
    Posts
    4,368

    Default

    Oof. That art for the second arc was such a departure from Checchetto’s. Really rough.

  4. #559
    Astonishing Member Nanashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Matt only reacted to the thugs on the train when they directly threatened him. He didn't do anything when they were attacking others.

    If you're paranoid that everyone is out to get you then everyone is out to get you. He knows that the Kingpin is behind it but he thinks that everyone works for the Kingpin. He thinks Foggy betrayed him with Gloria one minute and the next he thinks he's talking to Foggy about killing the Kingpin and believes that Foggy thinks it's okay.

    Just because he knows the Kingpin is behind everything that doesn't make his mental illness all better.

    For the last few decades, Matt has been dealing with the duality of his nature. Someone who believes in justice but constantly takes the law into his own hands. He's had a difficult time reconciling that and it's been a theme for a long time. He had another breakdown during Ann Nocenti's final arc where he believed that he was his dad jack Murdock.
    It doesn’t fit the character for me. Born Again feels like a story that could have been told with anyone. Daredevil just happens to be the eponymous character. It’s an awesome story before Captain America gets involved too heavily but not an awesome Daredevil story for me. Too much of Matt’s actions here feel foreign to the character I know who’s characterization can apparently differ among some here adding or subtracting our enjoyment of certain stories. More to the point, even during Miller’s initial run he went through some stuff but nothing that I think would add up to drive him this far into this kind of utter insanity. But, again, I’m the one questioning one of the most celebrated stories in comic book history so take from that what you will.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 06-04-2021 at 02:25 PM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'

    - George Orwell

  5. #560
    Astonishing Member Nanashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Oof. That art for the second arc was such a departure from Checchetto’s. Really rough.
    It was. I didn’t think it was so bad though.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'

    - George Orwell

  6. #561
    Dark Angel of Feminism Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Otherworld
    Posts
    4,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    It was. I didn’t think it was so bad though.
    It wasn’t horrible, just not what I expected after that gorgeous smorgasbord that was issues 1-4.

  7. #562
    Astonishing Member Nanashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,580

    Default

    Daredevil 600 sketch by Ken Haeser

    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'

    - George Orwell

  8. #563
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,605

    Default

    Daredevil by Aaron Lopresti:


  9. #564
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,605

    Default

    Sketches by Marco Checchetto:






  10. #565
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,605

    Default

    Daredevil by Peter@My_Back_Hurts:


  11. #566
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,605

    Default

    Daredevil commission by Dan Schkade:

  12. #567
    Astonishing Member Nanashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Sketches by Marco Checchetto:





    I wish this run had come up with a new villain. I think Checchetto would create a pretty awesome design if Elektra’s DDs outfit is any indication of his creativity.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'

    - George Orwell

  13. #568
    Dark Angel of Feminism Shadowcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Otherworld
    Posts
    4,368

    Default

    I want a revamped Mr. Fear and Scarecrow by Checchetto.

  14. #569
    Astonishing Member Nanashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I want a revamped Mr. Fear and Scarecrow by Checchetto.
    Mr. Fear would make for a welcome return. He hasn’t been in DD for quite some time but there was a Mr. Fear hired by Mayor Fisk during a KiB tie in series. Not sure if that was Larry Cranston or someone else. Mr. Fears absence from DD has been so conspicuous I’m wondering if there’s some kind of editorial mandate behind it.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'

    - George Orwell

  15. #570
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,605

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    I wish this run had come up with a new villain. I think Checchetto would create a pretty awesome design if Elektra’s DDs outfit is any indication of his creativity.
    I suppose the Libris crime family are the only new villains that Zdarsky has created and even then that's not really a new memorable adversary for Daredevil.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •