Page 142 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2426
    Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Anyone have thoughts on which Devil's Reign tie-ins they'd likely be getting?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The main Devil’s Reign series and Woman Without Fear.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I can't really converse with your on this as I haven't seen the Batman trailer and as some of the other posters are aware of, I won't do so until after watching the movie. I liked to be surprised and I dislike waiting to see a scene in the movie which I saw in the trailer. I recently enjoyed watching the two main trailers of The Eternals after I saw the movie. Btw, there were a couple of scenes which were not in the movie IINM, which happens sometimes.

Coming back to Daredevil, I really don't know which direction Marvel/Disney will take. I'm not sure I would want an over the top joking Daredevil. I'm all for some light humour but the serious side of Matt would be welcome to see.
    Oh yeah, skipping trailers is something I should seriously consider doing. Seems like a lot of movie and television fans enjoy watching films and shows more because they avoid them. If Matt joins Feige's MCU, I would prefer them avoiding his origin story. It's already been done twice. I don't wanna him turning into Bruce (where we have to see Batman's parents get whacked for the 300th time). I just don't think there's room for dark and edgy fare in Marvel Studios' products. That's why I'm fairly certain Punisher will probably not show up in the MCU. I strongly believe that Murdock will NOT be tormented and hate the world should he become part of the MCU and I support that. I have ALWAYS enjoyed the family-friendly dynamic of the MCU and I hope it stays that way. As you yourself have mentioned previously, you very much enjoy the humorous aspects of Marvel's storytelling. Well, audiences will have to accept some of the jokes we hear are gonna be pure CRINGE. If Daredevil appears in a lot of MCU projects in the future, that means he'll be sort of like the street-level crime-fighting counterpart to Doctor Strange. And since Stephen's pretty funny, I imagine DD will be too. I'm actually extremely glad that Daredevil and Kingpin are part of the "Daredevil franchise" and belong to Marvel Studios. It would be terrible if they belonged to the "Spider-Man franchise" because I HATE how Sony treats its Marvel properties. Personally, I just wanna have Matt lose his secret identity relatively quickly. As I mentioned previously, if he's gonna work with other superheroes in the future, I would prefer that they know each other. It makes no sense for heroes to team-up and hide their identities from one another. Because Sony "owns" Spidey, I think he's gonna regain his secret identity again after No Way Home and I would be so bored to see that. In fact, that fact alone might kill my interest in seeing future Spider-Man movies and shows in the future.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    The main Devil’s Reign series and Woman Without Fear.
    This.

Might check out some of the others if they end up being really good but as is none of them really catch my interest.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Absolutely, seeing a movie first is a much better experience.I'm way too weak willed to do it but whenever I've done so by accident like w/ Wonder woman(first one) it's a greater experience .

Hopefully they can balance it, atleast they have good sample material in the DD show and any comic run they might take inspiration from can't be that bad(in comparison to other characters who have terrible runs as well)
    Wonder Woman was a great film. Probably the best of the current DCU batch IMO. Great you got to see it with surprises and all. I'm trusting Marvel Disney will do a top job with Daredevil. They've really only come short on Thor: Dark World and Captain Marvel. Age of Ultron was just about ok and I'm a bit mixed on The Eternals. All the other movies have been pretty/very good or excellent. IMHO, Thor 1, Thor: Ragnarok, CA: Winter Soldier and CA: Civil War are of the latter. So yeah, here's hoping for some fantastic upcoming Daredevil movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Oh yeah, skipping trailers is something I should seriously consider doing. Seems like a lot of movie and television fans enjoy watching films and shows more because they avoid them. If Matt joins Feige's MCU, I would prefer them avoiding his origin story. It's already been done twice. I don't wanna him turning into Bruce (where we have to see Batman's parents get whacked for the 300th time). I just don't think there's room for dark and edgy fare in Marvel Studios' products. That's why I'm fairly certain Punisher will probably not show up in the MCU. I strongly believe that Murdock will NOT be tormented and hate the world should he become part of the MCU and I support that. I have ALWAYS enjoyed the family-friendly dynamic of the MCU and I hope it stays that way. As you yourself have mentioned previously, you very much enjoy the humorous aspects of Marvel's storytelling. Well, audiences will have to accept some of the jokes we hear are gonna be pure CRINGE. If Daredevil appears in a lot of MCU projects in the future, that means he'll be sort of like the street-level crime-fighting counterpart to Doctor Strange. And since Stephen's pretty funny, I imagine DD will be too. I'm actually extremely glad that Daredevil and Kingpin are part of the "Daredevil franchise" and belong to Marvel Studios. It would be terrible if they belonged to the "Spider-Man franchise" because I HATE how Sony treats its Marvel properties. Personally, I just wanna have Matt lose his secret identity relatively quickly. As I mentioned previously, if he's gonna work with other superheroes in the future, I would prefer that they know each other. It makes no sense for heroes to team-up and hide their identities from one another. Because Sony "owns" Spidey, I think he's gonna regain his secret identity again after No Way Home and I would be so bored to see that. In fact, that fact alone might kill my interest in seeing future Spider-Man movies and shows in the future.
    I think they'll probably go the Hulk/Edward Norton or Spidey/Tom Holland route with regards to Daredevil's origin. It will either feature in the opening credits or it will just kind of be avoided and be fleshed out later on. I agree with you on the Sony Spidey world movies but at the moment only with Venom. Venom 1 was just about ok but it was lacking in meatier dialogues and depth for the characters. Venom 2 was lacking in both these areas times 10! And I think they overdid with the cussing. Some of the jokes worked but some didn't. Venom 2 was a big letdown for me. They really needed Marvel/Disney screenwriters. On the other hand, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse was excellent. And of course the Spidey Tom Holland movies are pretty good thanks to Marvel/Disney's influence.

One thing we really do disagree on and in a strong way is revealing Daredevil's identity. And in this area we all talked at length several pages back, so I really do not want to slog it all out again if that's ok
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 11-20-2021 at 08:14 AM.

Daredevil commission by Matt Lesniewski:

Daredevil by Jessica Archer Artworks@artchick1979:

Daredevil by Paolo Rivera & Joe Rivera:

The Man With No Fear by Seth Adams:

DEVIL'S REIGN #4 (OF 6)
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • MARCO CHECCHETTO (A/C)
    CONNECTING VARIANT COVER BY NICK BRADSHAW
    BLACK HISTORY MONTH VARIANT COVER BY JOSHUA "SWAY" SWABY
    X-GWEN VARIANT COVER BY TBA • VARIANT COVER BY Leinil Francis Yu
    NEW YORK UNDER SEIGE!
    Wilson Fisk, duly elected Mayor of New York, has broken. Whatever shred of decency that may have been left of him is gone entirely and now, with an army of super villains at his command, THE KINGPIN has set his gaze upon everyone the heroes of the Marvel Universe hold dear — but even the Kingpin is unaware of the magnitude of danger he has put the city, its citizens and even himself with his war against the city's super heroes!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99

DEVIL'S REIGN: SUPERIOR FOUR #2 (OF 3)
    ZAC THOMPSON (W) • DAVIDE TINTO (A)
    Cover by IVAN SHAVRIN
    VARIANT COVER BY SUPERLOG
    THE FANTASTIC ARE NO MORE. LONG LIVE...THE SUPERIOR FOUR
    Otto Octavius just irrevocably altered the multiverse. Now he must do everything he can to undo a paradox of his own creation before it undoes him. As Otto's relentless assault on reality continues, the other Ottos grow weary of their reckless leader. Can the SUPERIOR FOUR set aside their egos to work together, or will they be lost to the multiverse forever?
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

DEVIL'S REIGN: VILLAINS FOR HIRE #2 (OF 3)
    CLAY MCLEOD CHAPMAN (W)
    MANUEL GARCIA (A)
    Cover by SKAN
    VARIANT COVER BY PAULO SIQUEIRA
    WHAT'S LAW GOT TO DO WITH IT?
    As his war against vigilantes grows, Wilson Fisk has laid out a proposition for the villains of the Marvel Universe: Join him or suffer the same fate as the heroes…or worse.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

DEVIL'S REIGN: X-MEN #2 (OF 3)
    Gerry Duggan (W) • PHIL NOTO (A/C)
    Variant cover by Javier GARRÓN
    DEALS WITH THE DEVIL!
    Turns out attending Hellfire Club soirees was not the naughtiest thing Emma Frost was up to in the time before she joined the X-Men… And the dirty deeds she did for Wilson Fisk are coming back to haunt her.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

DEVIL'S REIGN: SPIDER-MAN #1 (OF 3)
    ANTHONY PIPER (W)
    ZÉ CARLOS (A)
    Cover by CARLOS GÓMEZ
    VARIANT COVER BY MARK BAGLEY
    • The events of DEVIL'S REIGN #1-2 have put Spidey in an awful position.
    • As if that weren't enough, the newly returned ROSE has Spidey in his crosshairs and wants to prove that he's badder than his dad, Kingin, ever was.
    40 PGS./Rated T+ …$4.99