Page 147 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 2426

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post

It's that time of year again. YouTuber Matt Draper's Darecember- where he looks at Daredevil runs more critically.
    So Brubaker did intend to follow up on the Mr. Fear arc! Such a a shame he never did. No else seems to care to or even want use Mr Fear again.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 12-02-2021 at 06:59 PM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Haven't posted in a while as life has been keeping me busy; however, I have been keeping up on the run and just read todays issue.

Overall, I liked it, but I didn't love it.

For the things I did like:
    + I do like the idea of a more enlightened Matt that doesn't immediately resort to beating a criminal to a pulp. Not to say there won't be times where that is necessary; however, I like this approach as Matt realizes how broken the system truly is. I enjoyed his brief interaction with Reed as well. If/when he becomes Matt Murdock again, I am wondering if he will continue to be a lawyer and how that will play out.
    + I do LOVE the idea of Fisk realizing that he knew Daredevi's identify once before, but now he doesn't. Kudos to Zdarsky on that one as that is something that would eat at Fisk. And I can see that driving him over the edge and obsessing about it. So that is very well done.
    + Great cover art on this one!

For the things I didn't like:
    - I know some are going to disagree with me on this, but I didn't like the Matt/Elektra dynamic at all. I get it Matt, she dressed up as you and you've been in prison for a bit, but really? This reminds me a lot of Season 2 of the Netfilx series where Matt just couldn't stay away from Elektra while he pushed those closet to him (in that case Karen and Foggy) away. Also her telling him to just his "Daredevil" identify and forgetting his life as Matt Murdock is not something I want to see. Matt isn't Batman, where he really has just one identity. Matt is best when he has that balance and Elektra is trying convince him otherwise. Perhaps that is where things will land, in which case I will feel differently. I will also admit part of it is because I loved Matt's relationship with Kirsten and it has frustrated me to no end that he hasn't come clean to her about his identity yet. Matt was telling Reed about doing what is right and what is right is for him to come clean to her about everything. Also, can the artists please get together and align on what Kirsten's look is supposed to be? I swear every issue she is drawn almost completely different such that you would think it wasn't the same person.

- Speaking of relationships, I am also not really buying into the Fisk/Mary relationship either.

- Never happy to be reminded that Mike Murdock is a thing

- I thought the art was very sub-par. Perhaps that is because Chechetto is at another level, but everyone just looked a bit off to me. Also, I don't like Matt with the beard.

So overall, I am intrigued by Devil's Reign and will probably read most of the tie-ins though I am curious when things get back to the main title as there are a lot of storylines that are going on at the moment.
    Last edited by macjr33; 12-01-2021 at 07:49 PM.

Well, Daredevil #36 was for okay for the most part. I'll be honest, I was expecting for something more. I'm glad Matt is finally out of jail which I guess is to be expected considering he is front and center in the upcoming Devil's Reign. I still don't see the point in Elektra being Daredevil especially considering Matt is back as Daredevil. I get his time in prison has changed him in some ways but Matt should know better than to think he can defeat Fisk with "happiness", especially with that happiness being intertwined with Typhoid Mary.

Speaking of Fisk, I don't get what's going on with him. For one, I don't buy into the idea that he would ever marry Typhoid Mary of all people. Where did this great love affair between Fisk and Mary come from? I thought Typhoid Mary was supposed to be to Fisk what Mercy Graves was to Luthor and even that's a stretch considering Typhoid Mary has always been a powder keg. But Fisk and Mary being star crossed lovers doesn't add up for me, it seems out of character for them both actually. Also, I still don't get what sets Fisk off to the point where he wages war on Daredevil and etc in Devil's Reign. I guess the easy explanation would be that it's simply Fisk being Fisk but again I was expecting more than that because up to this point Fisk has made a point to not be so obvious with his villainy.

Overall, I am looking forward to Devil's Reign but not with as much anticipation as I initially had before.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    ^^ Is that a recent book?

Just finished issue 36, overall not much to say but I liked it and The art was pretty good in the absence of Marco.
    spoilers:
    I was expecting some kind of hook at The End that would lead directly into Devil's Reign, but that never came.
    end of spoilers
    Yes, the art was pretty good although the facial expressions were below par on smaller faces and figures. I think the "hook" maybe in relation to the files that Fisk was browsing. I felt it was a bit of an underwhelming issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    A liked today’s issue very much! The art was much better than expected, too. I must say though that I thought the ending would be more…explosive (even if not literally) to set up Devil’s Reign. Otherwise everything was most enjoyable especially Matt and Elektra first scene together.
    I really wanted Matt and Kirsten to happen. Not a big fan of the Matt/Elektra lake scene, it felt cheap and cliché.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    Question about the last issue…
    spoilers:
    who shot Izzy Libris? Was that bullseye? It’s hard to make out…
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That's Butch. He has a small window as Fisk put it to take control, do he takes out Izzy. If he doesn't, he'll probably be taken down by Izzy or even Fisk
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by macjr33 View Post
    Haven't posted in a while as life has been keeping me busy; however, I have been keeping up on the run and just read todays issue.

Overall, I liked it, but I didn't love it.

For the things I did like:
    + I do like the idea of a more enlightened Matt that doesn't immediately resort to beating a criminal to a pulp. Not to say there won't be times where that is necessary; however, I like this approach as Matt realizes how broken the system truly is. I enjoyed his brief interaction with Reed as well. If/when he becomes Matt Murdock again, I am wondering if he will continue to be a lawyer and how that will play out.
    + I do LOVE the idea of Fisk realizing that he knew Daredevi's identify once before, but now he doesn't. Kudos to Zdarsky on that one as that is something that would eat at Fisk. And I can see that driving him over the edge and obsessing about it. So that is very well done.
    + Great cover art on this one!

For the things I didn't like:
    - I know some are going to disagree with me on this, but I didn't like the Matt/Elektra dynamic at all. I get it Matt, she dressed up as you and you've been in prison for a bit, but really? This reminds me a lot of Season 2 of the Netfilx series where Matt just couldn't stay away from Elektra while he pushed those closet to him (in that case Karen and Foggy) away. Also her telling him to just his "Daredevil" identify and forgetting his life as Matt Murdock is not something I want to see. Matt isn't Batman, where he really has just one identity. Matt is best when he has that balance and Elektra is trying convince him otherwise. Perhaps that is where things will land, in which case I will feel differently. I will also admit part of it is because I loved Matt's relationship with Kirsten and it has frustrated me to no end that he hasn't come clean to her about his identity yet. Matt was telling Reed about doing what is right and what is right is for him to come clean to her about everything. Also, can the artists please get together and align on what Kirsten's look is supposed to be? I swear every issue she is drawn almost completely different such that you would think it wasn't the same person.

- Speaking of relationships, I am also not really buying into the Fisk/Mary relationship either.

- Never happy to be reminded that Mike Murdock is a thing

- I thought the art was very sub-par. Perhaps that is because Chechetto is at another level, but everyone just looked a bit off to me. Also, I don't like Matt with the beard.

So overall, I am intrigued by Devil's Reign and will probably read most of the tie-ins though I am curious when things get back to the main title as there are a lot of storylines that are going on at the moment.
    I pretty much agree with all of what you wrote in particular Matt's relationships with Kirsten and Elektra. It really feels off and infantile how Zdarsky is putting Matt and Elektra together. As I wrote earlier, I though the art was good with the exception of the faces at times. And yeah, Kirsten is drawn differently by the various artists. I actually don't like how Marco Checchetto draws her, probably my one and only "beef" with Checchetto's art as he's pretty excellent. Oh, and also, Elektra's student (I forget her name) was drawn extraordinarily small.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    Well, Daredevil #36 was for okay for the most part. I'll be honest, I was expecting for something more. I'm glad Matt is finally out of jail which I guess is to be expected considering he is front and center in the upcoming Devil's Reign. I still don't see the point in Elektra being Daredevil especially considering Matt is back as Daredevil. I get his time in prison has changed him in some ways but Matt should know better than to think he can defeat Fisk with "happiness", especially with that happiness being intertwined with Typhoid Mary.

Speaking of Fisk, I don't get what's going on with him. For one, I don't buy into the idea that he would ever marry Typhoid Mary of all people. Where did this great love affair between Fisk and Mary come from? I thought Typhoid Mary was supposed to be to Fisk what Mercy Graves was to Luthor and even that's a stretch considering Typhoid Mary has always been a powder keg. But Fisk and Mary being star crossed lovers doesn't add up for me, it seems out of character for them both actually. Also, I still don't get what sets Fisk off to the point where he wages war on Daredevil and etc in Devil's Reign. I guess the easy explanation would be that it's simply Fisk being Fisk but again I was expecting more than that because up to this point Fisk has made a point to not be so obvious with his villainy.

Overall, I am looking forward to Devil's Reign but not with as much anticipation as I initially had before.
    A lot of us don't buy into the Fisk/Mary relationship. I wonder what Zdarsky will do with their marriage. I can not see it lasting.

DAREDEVIL: WOMAN WITHOUT FEAR #1 BALDARI VARIANT!

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I really wanted Matt and Kirsten to happen. Not a big fan of the Matt/Elektra lake scene, it felt cheap and cliché.
    There have been rekindled feelings between Matt and Kristen for some time now and it grows the more time they spend together. It makes me wonder if he’ll eventually tell her he’s DD and if he does I wonder how she’ll take it.

That scene with Matt and Elektra is my favorite part of the issue!
    Last edited by Nanashi; 12-02-2021 at 03:51 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

A lot of us don't buy into the Fisk/Mary relationship. I wonder what Zdarsky will do with their marriage. I can not see it lasting.
    I don’t recall exactly from where (maybe the FCBD issue) but I think their marriage is only meant to spark Devil’s Reign (which may explain why it’s so rushed) by ending tragically somehow. But I guess we’ll know for what happens next week.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 12-02-2021 at 05:23 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

is it me or did this read with finality?

meaning that was Zdarsky originally planning to leave the title at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    is it me or did this read with finality?

meaning that was Zdarsky originally planning to leave the title at this point?
    More of a close to a chapter if anything. And no. He’s said Devil’s Reign would have just been the next Daredevil arc had it not become an event.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

I like Matt and Elektra, my otp(if I did those) for Matt would be her and I like the idea of Elektra being DD to prove to Matt she can do good which gives her a better understanding of Matt but both are very toxic.

Matt himself is kind of a toxic partner(even aside from DD, there was a great post on Instagram which had all these moments and i can't find it anymore.It was about Matt and Karen being a good match or something) albiet one w/ a good heart and Elektra is... Elektra.

They obviously won't make it steady, but she gives him thrill which is his guilty pleasure.

I'd rather they ride out this wave of Matt/Elektra w/ ending the Hand plot which has been the most intriguing thing for me so far and then try going steady w/ Matt and Kristen when Matt is ready to be Matt again.

Cosigned, feels rushed and def. just to start Devil's Reign.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    More of a close to a chapter if anything. And no. He’s said Devil’s Reign would have just been the next Daredevil arc had it not become an event.
    Ahh, cool thanks for the info.

Cool, I wonder why did Marvel decide to eventify it (other than new #1's)