Page 63 of 162 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Daredevil by Ricks Garcia:

Daredevil by Dimitrov Bozhko:

Hmmm so how much should there be Matt Murdock the lawyer in Daredevil books? With Peter Parker and Clark Kent their non-superhero exploits often get relegated to a background footnote, not ALWAYS, but many times. You sometimes have stories where they're seemingly doing super-stuff for a week or longer and the writer just... forgets about the civilian identity.

'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Hmmm so how much should there be Matt Murdock the lawyer in Daredevil books? With Peter Parker and Clark Kent their non-superhero exploits often get relegated to a background footnote, not ALWAYS, but many times. You sometimes have stories where they're seemingly doing super-stuff for a week or longer and the writer just... forgets about the civilian identity.
    I think it should be around 30 % regular life/ 70 superhero. I really hate when the life of superheroes gets brushed off like it's non-existent at all and they don't have other stuff to do other than fighting criminals. Writers probably can't write usual life very well that's why they just... don't. Love life? Friends? Getting coffee? Naaaah. Who wants that. The only exclusion is when the plot demands it- THEN writers remember they have job or very useful friends to contact.

Also superheroes don't sleep. At all. Because they fight crime at night and go to college/work at day. And after few months they would have killed people themselves because they were so mad at the world and got hallucinations from the lack of sleep.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur Hulk View Post
    I think it should be around 30 % regular life/ 70 superhero. I really hate when the life of superheroes gets brushed off like it's non-existent at all and they don't have other stuff to do other than fighting criminals. Writers probably can't write usual life very well that's why they just... don't. Love life? Friends? Getting coffee? Naaaah. Who wants that. The only exclusion is when the plot demands it- THEN writers remember they have job or very useful friends to contact.

Also superheroes don't sleep. At all. Because they fight crime at night and go to college/work at day. And after few months they would have killed people themselves because they were so mad at the world and got hallucinations from the lack of sleep.
    I mean Peter and Clark can stay awake for days and weeks respectively because of their powers.

I always felt human characters should have that problem.Like Batman is said to need 2 hours, kinda cheap but still show us how he gets that sleep, how he finds the time and how when they don't it costs them.Same with Human injuries, like with Nightwing getting beaten because he was reckless in recent issues.

Human characters should have these repurcusions.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    I think it's an important part of the character. One of my bigger disappointments with both Soule and Zdarsky is they set up a new status quo for Matt Murdock and didn't spend that much time with that side of things.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I think it's an important part of the character. One of my bigger disappointments with both Soule and Zdarsky is they set up a new status quo for Matt Murdock and didn't spend that much time with that side of things.
    One thing I remember about why Daredevil made so much sense to have vs Kingpin was the way Matt Murdock the lawyer was an important part of opposing the Kingpin, and not just vigilante justice.

Which run do you think did this the best?
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

Just read the issue

And I called it.let's hope he gets back because the help is needed

Incredible Member

Right, we should have seen more Prosecutor Matt. Interestingly, despite being a lawyer, I thought Soule somewhat struggled with lawyer stories. For example, while I overall liked the "Supreme" arc, I thought's Matt's closing argument in front of the Supreme Court was extremely weak. It's hard for me to believe that SCOTUS would rule in favor of Matt based on an appeal to emotion instead of citing case law like Mr. Legal did.

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Just read the issue

And I called it.let's hope he gets back because the help is needed
    This issue is an improvement, I think. DD is acting heroic and take-charge, and there are lots of things happening at once, most of them interesting. I like the compressed storytelling.

Daredevil: Man Without Fear head sketch by Declan Shalvey:

Daredevil commission by Benjamin AE Filby: