Page 67 of 106 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1587
  1. #991
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Wouldn’t it be strange to include Weapons Lost when it begins and concludes in two entirely separate issues that aren’t even included in the Weapons Lost trade?
    Actually, The Hunt for Wolverine one-shot is included in the trade. I would want this and the Dead Ends issue to be also included in the Omnibus.

  2. #992
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    I forgot about Mike, which is funny considering he was just featured in the last issue. I'm not saying I personally want a remix of Fisk. I'd rather have a new original crime lord or one of the preexisting ones, but it looks like Chip is setting Butch up to be the next kingpin.
    Maybe,, or maybe he will hopefully "vanish" along with Mike just as they appeared, never to be seen again.

  3. #993
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I hope not, because I picked up the trades a while back

    I haven't pre-ordered this, cuz if it turns out to be a bad book, the paperbacks are easily found for pretty much the same kind of money.
    You're probably right, but I hope you're wrong

    The trade, however, is unfortunately missing the Dead Ends one-shot which is also another reason to put them all in the Omnibus. Another option is to buy the Hunt for Wolverine OHC.

  4. #994
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,929

    Default

    Daredevil by John McCrea:


  5. #995
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    You're probably right, but I hope you're wrong

    The trade, however, is unfortunately missing the Dead Ends one-shot which is also another reason to put them all in the Omnibus. Another option is to buy the Hunt for Wolverine OHC.
    Oh yeah that's right. The trades were much cheaper than the OHC, and I did not wanna pay extra just for that one issue.

  6. #996
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Oh yeah that's right. The trades were much cheaper than the OHC, and I did not wanna pay extra just for that one issue.
    I should have picked up the OHC when it was going for cheap, but I'm not a fan of all the stories, that's why I held back.

  7. #997
    Astonishing Member Nanashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,807

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Actually, The Hunt for Wolverine one-shot is included in the trade. I would want this and the Dead Ends issue to be also included in the Omnibus.
    Ah so it is. Yea that’d only make sense.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'

    - George Orwell

  8. #998
    Astonishing Member Nanashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,807

    Default

    Daredevil by Davide Gianfelice

    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'

    - George Orwell

  9. #999
    Astonishing Member Nanashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,807

    Default

    The next Daredevil issue is only in a couple weeks! What a rare treat!
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'

    - George Orwell

  10. #1000
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Right, we should have seen more Prosecutor Matt. Interestingly, despite being a lawyer, I thought Soule somewhat struggled with lawyer stories. For example, while I overall liked the "Supreme" arc, I thought's Matt's closing argument in front of the Supreme Court was extremely weak. It's hard for me to believe that SCOTUS would rule in favor of Matt based on an appeal to emotion instead of citing case law like Mr. Legal did.
    Interesting question. I don't think I read that one, but it could be that he felt that all discussion of the facts was finished and the best way to wrap it up was to talk about why it's important. Just a guess, since I didn't read it.

  11. #1001
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7,929

    Default

    Daredevil by Lee Weeks & Bill Sienkiewicz:


  12. #1002
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Interesting question. I don't think I read that one, but it could be that he felt that all discussion of the facts was finished and the best way to wrap it up was to talk about why it's important. Just a guess, since I didn't read it.
    From what I remember, there were very few legal arguments that Matt brought forth in comparison to his opponent. I think it's just hard to make a case for superheroes to testify in court (without removing the mask) since it blatantly contradicts the Constitution.

  13. #1003
    Astonishing Member marhawkman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,463

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    From what I remember, there were very few legal arguments that Matt brought forth in comparison to his opponent. I think it's just hard to make a case for superheroes to testify in court (without removing the mask) since it blatantly contradicts the Constitution.
    Yeah She-Hulk never had that problem. She could be in full hulk form and the judge would just call her "Ms. Walters"... A trial where the identity of persons in the courtroom is unknown is... legally bizarre.

  14. #1004
    Astonishing Member Nanashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,807

    Default

    Next week! And Checchetto is back!

    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'

    - George Orwell

  15. #1005
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Yeah She-Hulk never had that problem. She could be in full hulk form and the judge would just call her "Ms. Walters"... A trial where the identity of persons in the courtroom is unknown is... legally bizarre.
    Yes, the only exception in law is for undercover cops (e.g. Donnie Brasco) and for confidential informants, but in both cases those witnesses are working for or sanctioned by the government, as opposed to illegal vigilantes. This was adeptly explained by DD's opponent, Mr. Legal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •