Page 108 of 162 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2426

Thoughts on Elektra Lives Again? I’m not sure what to make of it. I haven’t finished it but I have flipped ahead just out of curiosity and it’s…..something. The art is nice. Otherwise it’s… quite something.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 09-28-2021 at 02:40 PM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

I bought volume 6 of Zdarsky's run last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Thoughts on Elektra Lives Again? I’m not sure what to make of make it. I haven’t finished it but I have flipped ahead just out of curiosity and it’s…..something. The art is nice. Otherwise it’s… quite something.
    I know, right?! My favorite scene was when Matt caught the arrow in midair after it was shot at him! Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I bought volume 6 of Zdarsky's run last week.
    Do you usually wait for the trade? And what do you think if you’ve started?
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I know, right?! My favorite scene was when Matt caught the arrow in midair after it was shot at him! Awesome!
    That would have been cool to adapt in the show when the Hand invaded Matt’s apartment.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 09-28-2021 at 05:02 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Do you usually wait for the trade? And what do you think if you’ve started?
    I trade wait DD and Immortal Hulk. Right now I've read the King in Black crossover and it was fine. So far the first 4 volumes hold up.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Thoughts on Elektra Lives Again? I’m not sure what to make of it. I haven’t finished it but I have flipped ahead just out of curiosity and it’s…..something. The art is nice. Otherwise it’s… quite something.
    I read it some time ago. It was interesting, but I'm not a fan.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    That was pretty cool.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The art is beautiful. The story is interesting enough. I probably need to re-read it because I kept getting distracting trying to think how it fit into continuity (spoiler alert, it doesn't. It's an out of continuity story).
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

I think it's the peak for Miller's work, right before it started to look too... blocky? His page design and panel work is some of his best. I believe they did this to compete against European comic artists who were really getting a lot of attention at the time. It helps that Lynne Varley did the colors for it, making it look so rich. I think it also has some very striking imagery in it too and it allowed for Miller to come back and kill Elektra one more time and have her stay dead... Something Marvel didn't stick to when they said they would. Though I'm happy Elektra is alive in the comic universe.

Controversial statement but I think it's my favorite Elektra, look wise. She looks like she's been through a lot. The doesn't look like it's painted on (Greg Horn... and most artists who draw superheroines) and she looks like she could take down a whole army alone.
    Last edited by vitaminbee; 09-30-2021 at 10:17 AM.

Indeed. Elektra looks truly formidable (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The art is beautiful. The story is interesting enough. I probably need to re-read it because I kept getting distracting trying to think how it fit into continuity (spoiler alert, it doesn't. It's an out of continuity story).
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I read it some time ago. It was interesting, but I'm not a fan.
    Yea interesting is one way to put it. Another would be weird I think. Other than the art which is heavily carrying it, there’s a lot of WTF stuff therein like Matt is suddenly surrounded by ninja in snow in his underwear after sleeping with a client (I think?), then Elektra’s there with him fighting and throws a shuriken at him, Elektra is in a morgue fighting corpses, and then there’s what appears to be a naked red guy at the end? Like WTF is happening? The story seems to give the impression that a lot of if not most of this is sort of a dream or Matt’s imagination, no? Again, I didn’t finish it but I’m thinking this is not meant to be an entirely straightforward narrative but something more ambiguous?
    Last edited by Nanashi; 10-02-2021 at 06:18 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Yea interesting is one way to put it. Another would be weird I think. Other than the art which is heavily carrying it, there’s a lot of WTF stuff therein like Matt is suddenly surrounded by ninja in snow in his underwear after sleeping with a client (I think?), then Elektra’s there with him fighting and throws a shuriken at him, Elektra is in a morgue fighting corpses, and then there’s what appears to be a naked red guy at the end? Like WTF is happening? The story seems to give the impression that a lot of if not most of this is sort of a dream or Matt’s imagination, no? Again, I didn’t finish it but I’m thinking this clearly not meant to be straightforward narrative but something more ambiguous?
    I believe that moment was a dream, with the Hand and Elektra at her grave. I don’t think it’s the hardest thing to make sense of though, it’s a story about Matt’s loss and how Elektra has haunted him since. On top of the whole story, It’s just Miller/Barley’s take on doing a European comic for Marvel.
    Last edited by vitaminbee; 10-01-2021 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I believe that moment was a dream, with the Hand and Elektra at her grave. I don’t think it’s the hardest thing to make sense of though, it’s a story about Matt’s loss and how Elektra has haunted him since. On top of the whole story, It’s just Miller/Barley’s take on doing a European comic for Marvel.
    What differentiates a European comic?
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

What differentiates a European comic?
    I believe Miller states it in the Elektra DVD special documentary that they were going up against the European artists who were doing crazy detailed comics and wanting to match it. Talking about Mobieus and Sergio Toppi's work and saying they (Miller and Varley) wanted to compete with the European comic artists with the project and not just be a "pamplet". He also described Elektra Lives Again as "the living haunting the dead".