Page 110 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 2426
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Whoa doesn’t that come out in November? He got a really early copy!
    Like he says in the video, "that was supppose de come out this week but got delayed". I don't know how he gets his Omnibus, but probably not from his local shop.
    I have a question, I don't like fat books like this Omnibus, do you know if Charles Soule's run is gonna get (one day) a smaller HC collection like Waid's or Zdarsky's have ?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Like he says in the video, "that was supppose de come out this week but got delayed". I don't know how he gets his Omnibus, but probably not from his local shop.
    I have a question, I don't like fat books like this Omnibus, do you know if Charles Soule's run is gonna get (one day) a smaller HC collection like Waid's or Zdarsky's have ?
    I'm pretty sure he gets his books directly from Marvel, as soon as they are printed.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I'm pretty sure he gets his books directly from Marvel, as soon as they are printed.
    As I wrote earlier, Omar gets his copies direct from Marvel. He's in regular contact with Marvel's publishing Vice President David Gabriel with whom he discusses upcoming contents of Marvel collections, amongst other things.

Personally, I doubt Soule's run will be later published in HCs. If they were to happen, they would have really been released during the run. Once a run has finished, Marvel releases TPBs and continues to do so.

In the aftermath of War of the Realms, a 5-issue mini-series called Punisher Kill Krew was released which had Punisher gathering a motley crew and travelling the ten realms taking out any enemy stragglers. This was actually quite a lot of fun. Daredevil briefly appeared in issue 3 whereas Foggy Nelson was part of Frank's crew from issues 2-5 and even featured on the cover of issue 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I've been meaning to do this for a while as I read the War of the Realms Omnibus some time back. Below are all the issues that Daredevil has an appearance, big and small:

War of the Realms (2019) #1
    Unbeatable Squirrel Girl (2015) #43
    War of the Realms (2019) #2
    War of the Realms (2019) #3
    War Of The Realms Strikeforce: The Land Of Giants (2019) #1
    War of the Realms: War Scrolls (2019) #1 [A Story]
    War of the Realms: War Scrolls (2019) #2 [A Story]
    War of the Realms: War Scrolls (2019) #3 [A Story]
    War of the Realms (2019) #4
    Deadpool (2018) #14 [A Story]
    Avengers (2018) #20
    War of the Realms (2019) #5
    War of the Realms (2019) #6
    War of the Realms: Omega (2019)
    Thor #15 (2018)

The event itself isn't a bad read and I would rate it as one of the better Marvel events. It's something that Jason Aaron's epic Thor run had been building up to for some time.
    Daredevil at times is quite a prominent "secondary" player in the War of the Realms event. I would say that the below War of the Realms issues are the most important "Daredevil" issues i.e. he's one of the main protagonists and/or features on at least a couple of pages.

War of the Realms: Strikeforce Land of the Giants - 2 pages of Daredevil.

War Scrolls #1-3 - the A story in each issue has Daredevil as the main player. Very important story.

Deadpool #14 - Daredevil spread over 2 to 4 pgs spread out and their is a "Daredevilsh" knock-off character called the Tasmanian Devil.

Avengers #20 - Daredevil features on around 2 pages.

War of the Realms: Omega - this comic has four stories for separate characters that had some important part to play in the event that gives them some closure. Daredevil's story is entitled "God and the Devil Walk into a Church" and is written by Jason Aaron and drawn by Ron Garney. It focuses on Daredevil getting a visit from Heimdall who's come to pick up the sword which Daredevil wielded during the event. Daredevil is feeling a bit down (as he does) whereas Heimdall lifts him up. I won't say too much as I don't want to spoil it for those who have not yet read it but it is a very cool story for Daredevil and absolutely worth reading. I will say two things - one of Heimdall's lines "And in the Kitchen of Hel a hero will soon torment himself as never before. Without realising...that is the very thing that makes him a hero", and that Heimdall gives him a very special gift as a "small token of gratitude" for his service. Let me just say, this gift is very very cool and I'm wondering when it will resurface in a Daredevil story?
    Thanks for putting all this WotR info together!
    Last edited by Nanashi; 10-03-2021 at 02:55 PM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Incredible Member

As I wrote earlier, Omar gets his copies direct from Marvel. He's in regular contact with Marvel's publishing Vice President David Gabriel with whom he discusses upcoming contents of Marvel collections, amongst other things.

Personally, I doubt Soule's run will be later published in HCs. If they were to happen, they would have really been released during the run. Once a run has finished, Marvel releases TPBs and continues to do so.
    Correct. David Gabriel will also sometimes join the livechat during the streams and answer questions and tease at upcoming books.

I think so too. But I believe the thicker trades, like Complete Collections, are still being put out for older runs?

Elektra Lives Again continued to be weird and inexplicable through to it’s conclusion. Not to say it’s necessarily bad but the art is what was most enjoyable.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 10-04-2021 at 07:50 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

In the aftermath of War of the Realms, a 5-issue mini-series called Punisher Kill Krew was released which had Punisher gathering a motley crew and travelling the ten realms taking out any enemy stragglers. This was actually quite a lot of fun. Daredevil briefly appeared in issue 3 whereas Foggy Nelson was part of Frank's crew from issues 2-5 and even featured on the cover of issue 5.

Couldn't agree with you more. Definitely a personal fave (YUMMY):

Elektra Lives Again continued to be weird and inexplicable through to it’s conclusion. Not to say it’s necessarily bad but the art is what was the most enjoyable.
    I concur, truly a masterpiece (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Couldn't agree with you more. Definitely a personal fave (YUMMY):

Along with Omega I think I want to check that out too.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Along with Omega I think I want to check that out too.
    Definitely do if you can.

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Nice Daredevil collection! I have all my TPBs and hardcovers on a separate shelf, but I did take this photo last night:

Also, I wrote a 55-page law review article about the portrayal of lawyers (mostly Matt) and the legal system in Daredevil comics by Frank Miller, Brian Michael Bendis, David Hine, Mark Waid, and Charles Soule, and it helped me earn tenure at the school where I work. If anyone is interested, the link to download the article for free is in my signature below, and also here:
    https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3389544
    Last edited by Big Bad Voodoo Lou; 10-04-2021 at 03:14 PM.
    Author of the law review article "The Lawyer as Superhero: How Marvel Comics' Daredevil Depicts the American Court System and Legal Practice," Capital University Law Review, Vol. 47, No. 2 (2019).
    Download it for free at https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3389544

Incredible Member

Omar just announced a reprint of the Brubaker vol 1 Omni, for those interested

- George Orwell

- Voltair