Page 112 of 162 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2426
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Omar just announced a reprint of the Brubaker vol 1 Omni, for those interested

With a new DM Variant cover. I'm happy with my regular standard cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I personally think Feige and his team of producers are going to do away with secret identities for characters that traditionally had them in the comic books. I don't know much about Ms. Marvel, but I understand she has a secret identity in the comics. I remember Moon Knight and Ghost Rider having one back in the day. I used to really enjoy the secret identity trope, but after I saw Iron Man I kind of moved on. I don't like the bullshitting, lying and gaslighting that maintaining a secret identity requires. You don't make people that you trust and love doubt their "senses, memory and/or sanity". That totally goes against what Daredevil stands for. And after a while the whole thing becomes stale and contrived. Plus, even though I didn't watch the 2003 Daredevil movie in its entirety, I definitely remember thinking that Foggy knew about Matt's superpowers. So even the movies had trouble maintaining this fiction. Anyhow, the following article describes how I feel about this particular issue:

https://www.polygon.com/comics/2020/...ecret-identity

IF DD joins Marvel Studios' corner of the MCU, I want his identity to be revealed to the world. Same thing with Ms. Marvel and Moon Knight. Heroes should spend time on screen working together, not figuring out ways to hide who they really are to the people they care about. Having heroes know and talk to each other is a great way of delivering exposition as opposed to using voice-over monologues. And yes, I think Daredevil should be funny when interacting with other people in the MCU.
    I don't mind Daredevil's secret identity being revealed to other superheroes with whom he cooperates and is friends with. I just think it would be mayhem and cause no end of problems for his loved ones and in his "day job" of attorney.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post

With a new DM Variant cover. I'm happy with my regular standard cover.
    Same here. I wouldn't bother with replacing a book just to get a different cover.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Same here. I wouldn't bother with replacing a book just to get a different cover.
    And the original printing will be superior in physical quality. I'm also not too keen having Kingpin plastered across the cover, just my personal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Continuing my reread and I’ve just got through “Without Fear” by Brubaker. I liked it and appreciated the revamp of Mr Fear. Surprised he never came back.

Does anyone know if Lily Lucca returned in any shape or form?
    Very surprising especially considering Mr. Fear is responsible for what happened to Milla. It’s almost as if Mr. Fear can’t be used in Daredevil though I can’t think a reason why that would be. Devil’s Reign may change that, however, since they’re both taking part in that event. A confrontation would be most interesting and much overdue.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 10-06-2021 at 08:44 AM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Incredible Member

And the original printing will be superior in physical quality. I'm also not too keen having Kingpin plastered across the cover, just my personal choice.
    That seems to be norm lately, yeah.

There’s only one right answer and most of these guys don’t know it. SMH.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...head-in-Marvel
    Last edited by Nanashi; 10-06-2021 at 06:38 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

So I take it this is the cover you’ll choose for the Soule omnibus?

- George Orwell

- Voltair

I don't mind Daredevil's secret identity being revealed to other superheroes with whom he cooperates and is friends with. I just think it would be mayhem and cause no end of problems for his loved ones and in his "day job" of attorney.
    Only if he does it of his own accord and isn’t uncharacteristically guilted into it like in The Defenders.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 10-06-2021 at 08:10 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

I think in a cinematic universe which is rapidly growing its roster of superheroes, like the MCU's, it's better for Murdock to "out" himself to the general public. He has to work with a wide variety of heroes in these MCU "event" shows and movies. I think a lot of screen time would be wasted in him trying to hide his identity from other people. Plus, let's face it: DD's adversaries are GONNA find out who he is eventually ANYWAYS. So I say Daredevil should take off his mask QUICKLY if he joins the MCU (Feige's MCU to be more specific):

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/1/2...ker-tony-stark
    Last edited by Albert1981; 10-06-2021 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I think in a cinematic universe which is rapidly growing its roster of superheroes, like the MCU's, it's better for Murdock to "out" himself to the general public. He has to work with a wide variety of heroes in these MCU "event" shows and movies. I think a lot of screen time would be wasted in him trying to hide his identity from other people. Plus, let's face it: DD's adversaries are GONNA find out who he is eventually ANYWAYS. So I say, Daredevil should take off his mask QUICKLY if he joins the MCU (Feige's MCU to be more specific):

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/1/2...ker-tony-stark
    No. That’s a really bad idea especially for characters who have civilian friends and family who could be targeted by enemies as has been demonstrated time and again.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

I like the idea of keeping Matt’s identity secret. It is one thing that bothers me about the MCU and how secret identities are almost non-existent. It allows for more storylines and also allows for him to live his two lives: one as Daredevil and one as Matt Murdock. I think the only people who should know are characters close to him and after a bit… not right away.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I like the idea of keeping Matt’s identity secret. It is one thing that bothers me about the MCU and how secret identities are almost non-existent. It allows for more storylines and also allows for him to live his two lives: one as Daredevil and one as Matt Murdock. I think the only people who should know are characters close to him and after a bit… not right away.
    Peter Parker and Matt Murdock are the two characters I think should be the most protective of their secret identities. Not a fan of any take where they're casual about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    There’s only one right answer and most of these guys don’t know it. SMH.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...head-in-Marvel
    Yeah, they're obviously not very well read

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    So I take it this is the cover you’ll choose for the Soule omnibus?

Absolutely! I actually pre-ordered it some time ago