Page 134 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2426
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yeah, I still can't believe there wasn't a massive backlash to how Taskmaster was portrayed in Black Widow. That has to be the weakest point in the movie.

Honestly I think most people forget that MCU fans are not always comic fans. I dont think most people who watched the movie really cared. I get comic fans complaints. But within the context of that movie and the story it was telling it works. I mean look. People liked Shang Chi. But that wasn't the Shang Chi from the comics.

For craps sake Spider man is jumping around in an Iron man suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Absolutely, I'm tired of seeing people thinking vulnerability as a weakness.It's not

This same thinking got us from Mockingbird being a victim of SA to it being retconned to lying about it and telling Clint he was dumb to believe anyone could make her do something she didn't want...
    This retcon was done is the name of Feminism in a very feminism heavy run as well, by Chelesa Cain(a bi women IIRC, before start blaming it on men).

They ruin great stories and won't write good ones because they are so afraid to write vulnerable women, which is so backwards I cant' even.The message is harmful instead of helpful
    This is true.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Honestly I think most people forget that MCU fans are not always comic fans. I dont think most people who watched the movie really cared. I get comic fans complaints. But within the context of that movie and the story it was telling it works. I mean look. People liked Shang Chi. But that wasn't the Shang Chi from the comics.

And yet they built the current popularity of the MCU by adhering as closely as they could to the comic books they now seem to be abandoning bit by bit to placate those who were never comic fans to begin with who only care about certain boxes being checked and messages being sent resulting in the detriment of the overall product (whether it be the movies, shows, the comics themselves, etc). It’s so disappointing.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 11-15-2021 at 07:57 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

- George Orwell

- Voltair

There’s a new NWH trailer tomorrow and although I doubt Matt will appear I’m still excited for his MCU debut despite my lack of enthusiasm for anything the MCU has done since Infinity War.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 11-15-2021 at 05:04 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    And yet they built the current popularity of the MCU by adhering as closely as they could to the comic books they now seem to be abandoning bit by bit to placate those who were never comic fans to begin with who only care about certain boxes being checked and messages being sent resulting in the detriment of the overall product (whether it be the movies, shows, the comics themselves, etc). It’s so disappointing.
    The way I look at it is its an else world. It may be one you don't enjoy, but thats what it is. They mix and match things. I mean even going back to Blade. That wasn't the Blade from the comics. The villain in the first movie which everyone loved, was Decon Frost only in name.
    Last edited by inisideguy; 11-15-2021 at 08:52 AM.

I thought the Taskmaster reveal was incredibly lame. And I'm not even mad that he wasn't Tony Masters. I'm mad because the Black Widow movie CLEARLY had a dude play Taskmaster for most of the film and replaced him with a lady at the last second. Is the female Taskmaster gonna "look" different when she fights in future movies/shows? Because guys and ladies look VERY different even under their costumes. And why did Taskmaster get horribly disfigured in that explosion while her old man escaped without a scratch? And why would Natasha and Clint "reminisce so fondly" about "Budapest" in Endgame when they injured a girl so terribly there? Scarjo got hosed. Romanoff never got a heroic moment in her own movie and that sucks ass.

I actually don't mind that the MCU diverges from the comic books. I've read enough back in the day so I'm not TOO offended. Movies and television have restrictions and boundaries that the comic books don't have to deal with. I mean the performances of musicians in studios and on stages are different even though they're using the same material. So I think the live-action stuff HAS to vary from the source material. If Marvel Studios uses Mephisto, their productions might be BANNED in many countries. Or if they use Wonder Man, Warner Brothers might come after their asses because they'll think Disney would be trying to profit off the popularity of Wonder Woman. When it comes to Daredevil, I think Disney will HAVE to do something different from the FOX and NETFLIX versions. They might "replace" Elektra with Echo. They will give him a new costume. His stories will probably involve a lot of CGI (I actually don't agree with that). He'll become a quippy joke machine. And his womanizing days will probably be over. Most importantly to ME, he will likely get rid of his secret identity (something I would embrace).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    I thought the Taskmaster reveal was incredibly lame. And I'm not even mad that he wasn't Tony Masters. I'm mad because the Black Widow movie CLEARLY had a dude play Taskmaster for most of the film and replaced him with a lady at the last second. Is the female Taskmaster gonna "look" different when she fights in future movies/shows? Because guys and ladies look VERY different even under their costumes. And why did Taskmaster get horribly disfigured in that explosion while her old man escaped without a scratch? And why would Natasha and Clint "reminisce so fondly" about "Budapest" in Endgame when they injured a girl so terribly there? Scarjo got hosed. Romanoff never got a heroic moment in her own movie and that sucks ass.

I actually don't mind that the MCU diverges from the comic books. I've read enough back in the day so I'm not TOO offended. Movies and television have restrictions and boundaries that the comic books don't have to deal with. I mean the performances of musicians in studios and on stages are different even though they're using the same material. So I think the live-action stuff HAS to vary from the source material. If Marvel Studios uses Mephisto, their productions might be BANNED in many countries. Or if they use Wonder Man, Warner Brothers might come after their asses because they'll think Disney would be trying to profit off the popularity of Wonder Woman. When it comes to Daredevil, I think Disney will HAVE to do something different from the FOX and NETFLIX versions. They might "replace" Elektra with Echo. They will give him a new costume. His stories will probably involve a lot of CGI (I actually don't agree with that). He'll become a quippy joke machine. And his womanizing days will probably be over. Most importantly to ME, he will likely get rid of his secret identity (something I would embrace).
    Yeah Tasky was played by a dude for the most part.It's hilarious that they preached this movie was girl power and then had a guy do all the hard work where they could(w/ the suit and mask).

I won't mind if Matt slows down on the womanizing, a stabler Matt is good in my book.Hopefully they don't go to far though

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Pretty sure I saw complaints, just small scale?
    Among only comic book readers. And even then I found that surprising. I know he has a fanbase and everything, but I can't help but think at least of the one's posted on social media and message boards were simply neckbeards reacting to any male character being replaced by a woman. I have a feeling that it didn't even have to be Taskmaster.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah Tasky was played by a dude for the most part.It's hilarious that they preached this movie was girl power and then had a guy do all the hard work where they could(w/ the suit and mask).

I won't mind if Matt slows down on the womanizing, a stabler Matt is good in my book.Hopefully they don't go to far though
    I don't mind the gender swap at all. I just wish Antonia Dreykov played Taskmaster throughout the whole movie. And she only had like ONE line throughout the entire film. Natasha should have had an epic (mostly non-CGI) battle with Taskmaster and her henchwomen. Give Romanoff that heroic moment. I wish Black Widow had more intrigue, deception and subterfuge in it. There was hardly any "espionage" in it at all. There was just fighting. Which is a shame. I thought the cast for the picture was REALLY strong and the beginning of the movie was very engaging to me.
    Last edited by Albert1981; 11-15-2021 at 04:12 PM.

Production stills of Echo from Hawkeye.

https://twitter.com/manwithoutfear/s...361749519?s=21
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Pretty sure I saw complaints, just small scale?
    Yeah, I'm sure there must have been. I never read of any.

It did work for the movie. However, any good writer can make almost anything work. And yes, most viewers have no idea of who Taskmaster is. I'm no big fan but I did think he had some cult following and he is quite the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    I think one of the most disappointing things they've done is how they handled Sharon Carter in "Falcon & Winter Soldier". So so sad. I just hope that she's being brainwashed.

The way I look at it is its an else world. It may be one you don't enjoy, but thats what it is. They mix and match things. I mean even going back to Blade. That wasn't the Blade from the comics. The villain in the first movie which everyone loved, was Decon Frost only in name.
    I do enjoy the majority of the MCU and also some of the Netflix series in particular Daredevil (with the exception of what they did with Stick). They mix things around in order for us to not know what's coming. That's what I think anyway. With regards the MCU, I really only do have a few nitpicks.