Page 136 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2426
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    It just means his relationships don't get a chance to develop and get cut down again and again.PeterMJ is loved more than any other pairing because of the decades of relationship built.

Yes he does lmao.He met the woman at the library and had immediately pervy thoughts about her, he kissed the woman at the altar for no reason, when he and a woman were playing w/ the fact whether he's DD or not he got hot for her.Just look at the number of women he meets he wants to bang.His connections aren't deep if even existing, meeting someone makes a connection as well.Doesn't mean it's deep or even meaningful.

"successful with women"-Holding down a woman is what I'd call successful,
    his relationships either end w/ the woman dead or crazy or are very toxic like the one w/ Elektra(even though I love them).A high body count doesn't mean he's successful w/ women, just that he is attractive.

For the viewer and Matt, sure. But it's kinda messed up in universe....

https://www.reddit.com/r/Daredevil/c...ial_adulterer/

"He tried to spark something with Elektra while still dating Heather. He cheated on Karen with Typhoid Mary. He cheated on Typhoid Mary with Mephisto. He cheated on Mila with Dakota North. There was also that Librarian from the current Zdarsky run who cheated on her husband with Matt."

Matt isn't a good romantic partner even taking away the DD thing and risks that come w/ it.
    This, absolutely. That is what success is. Couples that stay together to the end are to be admired. Sticking with each other through thick and thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Matt’s had many well developed and memorable relationships with Karen, Elektra, Milla, Dakota North (a favorite of mine), and Kristen to name a few.

Being attracted to attractive women and wanting to engage with then sexually does make for a womanizer. It makes for a male of the human species of which Matt is.

He’s had fairly deep connections with Karen and Kristen and Elektra.

A high body count is success with women and even more so since he tends to have naturally occurring monogamous relationships. He dated Kristen for quite some time and married Milla before that. He can hold down a relationship. His life as superhero, however, tends to makes things more complicated than normal.

The bride seemed to enjoy it, too!

Typhoid Mary had preternatural powers of seduction she also used on The Kingpin.

Matt isn’t perfect as I noted previously. He makes mistakes and acknowledges when he does as in the case with Dakota North. It happened but he didn’t pursue it afterwards. He’s human. Not perfect.

Mindy hasn’t appeared for quite some time so who’s to say if that will be resolved at all. But they both fulfilled a need for each other at the time.

I won’t say Matt is the paragon of how relationships should be handled but to call him a womanizer, IMO, is farfetched.
    What, with Dakota North? You're kidding right? Well developed? It was on a whim. A mistake.

I would say Matt is lacking a maturity, a lack of emotional intelligence in the area of relationships. I liked Kirsten because she was a strong anchor for him. It's a shame it had to end.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I'm sure that if you read through all of the Daredevil comics from the very beginning all the way through (as I did at one point), you will come to the realisation and conviction that Karen was the one. Yes, Elektra was special, very special, but Karen was that one true love.
    Perhaps. What is it in those early issue makes you believe Karen is the one?
    Last edited by Nanashi; 11-16-2021 at 02:23 PM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

I never said he doesn't had decent relationships.... my statement and this aren't mutually exclusive

And Matt is the definition of a womanizer.Attracted to women is a big diff. from this.Having a high body count w/ a lot of casual ones as well makes him on.Even CBR got this right lol

"The bride seemed to enjoy it, too! " This isn't the kind of mentality w/ which you should approach these things, this justification is used by immoral people to put it as kindly as I can(I'm sure you didn't mean it that way but I felt I should point it out).

Also saying he's good at relationships you also ignored all the times he's cheated or done other messed up stuff all listed in my post.I'm ignoring all his exes dying/going insane part for now

He's a good person btw, I'm not trying to say anything about that.But the way he tackles romance in comics is "(heavily) flawed" at best
    Great point! No one wants another guy kissing their bride on their wedding day or any other day.

What, with Dakota North? You're kidding right? Well developed? It was on a whim. A mistake.

I would say Matt is lacking a maturity, a lack of emotional intelligence in the area of relationships. I liked Kirsten because she was a strong anchor for him. It's a shame it had to end.
    I may have a bias toward Dakota since she’s a favorite but when they made their mistake it felt believable.

How so?
    Last edited by Nanashi; 11-16-2021 at 02:25 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Perhaps. What is it in those early issue makes you believe Karen in the one?
    Its the whole story from those early silver age stories, through to the heartbreak in Born Again right through to her death. The moment where they fall into each others arms in Born Again was very moving for me - they'd gone through so much together and apart.

This, absolutely. That is what success is. Couples that stay together to the end are to be admired. Sticking with each other through thick and thin.
    Sure. But I think that’s very rare these days. All the more rare when fighting supervillains on a regular basis.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Its the whole story from those early silver age stories, through to the heartbreak in Born Again right through to her death. The moment where they fall into each others arms in Born Again was very moving for me - they'd gone through so much together and apart.
    Would you say the missing context of those early issues would diminish the impact of their reunion in BA or do you think BA did that well enough on its own?
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Well, I don't think we'll have to worry about Matt engaging in any "womanizing" in the MCU. Disney's content is squeaky clean so I imagine he probably will have one love interest if he has one at all (I'm assuming DD will be joining the MCU). They already toned down Tony's "alcoholism" in the MCU, so I don't see substance abuse and carousing becoming issues in MCU Daredevil stories. THANK GOD for that.

In regards to the Black Widow movie, I thought the first half was pretty interesting. I liked how the characters spoke Russian and hung out in Budapest. I thought Natasha using masks in the movie was very Mission Impossible-ish, and I enjoyed that. I didn't like the CGI finale though. It was hilarious General Dreykov's henchmen were still trying to kill the Widow "family" while they were falling out from the sky...WITHOUT parachutes. That's true dedication to your leader. And yes, I said henchmen. The movie emphasized how much the Red Room used women to destabilize the world, but General Dreykov actually relied on dudes in his personal bodyguard unit. Unless, his henchmen were actually women like Taskmaster. But once again, I'm pretty sure Dreykov's henchmen were actually played by men. Don't get me wrong, I thought the performances were quite strong in Black Widow, I just thought it failed to give Natasha a chance to shine.

Oh, I want to congratulate the members of this thread for not demanding Echo be a de facto Daredevil show. I've heard on social media that Murdock fans (stans) pretty much want Echo's series to focus on HIM and not on her. If Daredevil does join Feige's MCU, I'm pretty sure DD will get a show of his own in the future.
    You know, I do think Natasha did shine. She basically good Dreykov down what with severing the nerve and so on. She hauled Alexei's butt out of jail. She held her own with Taskmaster at the beginning.

I can't believe someone wants to make Echo a Daredevil show. Echo can stand on her own and Daredevil doesn't need to hijack Echo's show.

Would you say the missing context of those early issues would diminish the impact of their reunion in BA or do you think BA did that well enough on its own?
    Born Again did a fantastic job on it's own thanks to Mazzucchelli's art. However, knowing Matt's and Karen's whole history just enforces the conviction of them being so in love with each other and Karen being the most dearest to Matt.

Daredevil by @Urich_mate:

He cheated on Typhoid Mary with Mephisto.
    I guess this is how you can tell I haven't read much of Daredevil, 'cause what the ****? Someone explain this please lol

And Matt is the definition of a womanizer.Attracted to women is a big diff. from this.Having a high body count w/ a lot of casual ones as well makes him on.Even CBR got this right lol
    Now, when you say "high body count"... .

Born Again did a fantastic job on it's own thanks to Mazzucchelli's art. However, knowing Matt's and Karen's whole history just enforces the conviction of them being so in love with each other and Karen being the most dearest to Matt.
    Knowing their history may improve Born Again then, 'cause I don't know too much about their story together, but she did sell Matt's identity for a fix.

Granted, she did regret it and did everything she could to get to Matt, but he basically did a speedrun when forgiving her lol.

Daredevil by @Urich_mate:

That looks good.

You know, I do think Natasha did shine. She basically good Dreykov down what with severing the nerve and so on. She hauled Alexei's butt out of jail. She held her own with Taskmaster at the beginning.

I can't believe someone wants to make Echo a Daredevil show. Echo can stand on her own and Daredevil doesn't need to hijack Echo's show.
    You make some excellent points. I haven't watched the movie in a while, but now that you mention those facts, I do agree with you to a great extent. My problem was that at the end of that film Natasha didn't really seem to WANT to fight the Taskmaster and those other Black Widows...Because they were being brainwashed. So that part felt a bit weird to me. I've just learned that MANY Daredevil "stans" are hoping to make Echo into a Daredevil/Kingpin show "by proxy". A continuation of the Netflix stuff. I think that's a terrible idea. Obviously Daredevil (and his supporting cast) has a HUGE fanbase when compared to Echo's, but I think he will get his own show and/or movie in the future. So his stans can afford to wait (probably for not too long either). It's a little bit like how Wanda "stans" wanna turn the Multiverse of Madness into a Scarlet Witch movie. That's a stance that I vigorously disagree with also. As I've stated on the Marvel Cinematic Universe thread many times, audiences WILL eventually get tired of characters being stuffed in their faces repeatedly, no matter how popular they are. I hope Feige and company space things out a little bit. A lot of MCU stans won't admit it, but I think superhero fatigue IS a real concern going forward.

This, I also don't care w/ who but stable relationships make for better stories in the long run.
    Personally, I wouldn't mind if Dakota North were brought back and found a way to work things out with Matt (XD)

Womanizer:- (of a man) engage in numerous casual sexual affairs with women.

Matt is the definition of a womanizer, he uses sex as an escape and it's been called his addiction by many fans.Also it's not inherently bad, I never said it was.

Also he slept w/ married women even in the recent run and kisses one on the altar(w/out her consent) in another modern comic off the top of my head, so it's not like he's respectful of relationship boundaries.
    Daredevil #1 (2011) is a CLASSIC (although, judging from that last panel, it didn't seem the bride minds what Matt did at the altar):

The new NHW trailer is out and……that was disappointing. But I suppose I’m glad they didn’t spoil everything though I know I’m not going to wait to watch the film to find out if Matt appears or not. Spoilers will suffice. The movie itself is nothing I can’t wait for.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair