Page 137 of 162 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2426

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't mind if Dakota North were brought back and found a way to work things out with Matt (XD)

Daredevil #1 (2011) is a CLASSIC (although, judging from that last panel, it didn't seem the bride minds what Matt did at the altar):
    Yes!!!!
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Great point! No one wants another guy kissing their bride on their wedding day or any other day.
    Agreed, on top of this it's just.... wrong.I get the writer is setting the tone and just making the hero of the story "badass" but once you take a second to think about it it's messed up.I feel the same way about Superior Spider-man w/ MJ and Anna Maria, there he was in someone else's body and they weren't aware of it and here she has no say in it.

Same w/ Wonder woman and Steve in 1984.

I get why they did it story wise but if you think about it it's so messed up.

That and Waid's writing women is horrible from what I've seen.This from someone who hates SJW's complaining about every thing and calling every comic book sexist.He writes them as objects.His Black Cat was horrendously OOC as well, and clearly his way of propping up Matt.(this isn't just my opinion(the black cat one), reviews about the book way back when and even posts now point this out)

His DD was on point though, so I enjoyed the run last I read it.The bride is a no name character so it doesn't matter, but he butchered Black Cat in just 2 issues.Then Slott came along and finished his work....

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    The new NHW trailer is out and……that was disappointing. But I suppose I’m glad they didn’t spoil everything though I know I’m not going to wait to watch the film to find out if Matt appears or not. Spoilers will suffice. The movie itself is nothing I can’t wait for.
    He'll be there IMO, w/ all the echo/Kingpin stuff and the leak.I don't think him being there would have fit w/ this trailer, this was a very action packed trailer.That and I can't wait for the crowd to go wild in the cinema halls when he shows up!

Also when he's back do you guys want him to get a movie or a D+ series?(and if both which one first?)
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-16-2021 at 10:49 PM.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post

Knowing their history may improve Born Again then, 'cause I don't know too much about their story together, but she did sell Matt's identity for a fix.

Granted, she did regret it and did everything she could to get to Matt, but he basically did a speedrun when forgiving her lol.
    We can all mess up big time when we're at our lowest and that's where the power of forgiveness can be so wonderful. A great moment in Born Again.

Extraordinary Member

We can all mess up big time when we're at our lowest and that's where the power of forgiveness can be so wonderful. A great moment in Born Again.
    Need to see Born again adaptation in live action

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    You make some excellent points. I haven't watched the movie in a while, but now that you mention those facts, I do agree with you to a great extent. My problem was that at the end of that film Natasha didn't really seem to WANT to fight the Taskmaster and those other Black Widows...Because they were being brainwashed. So that part felt a bit weird to me. I've just learned that MANY Daredevil "stans" are hoping to make Echo into a Daredevil/Kingpin show "by proxy". A continuation of the Netflix stuff. I think that's a terrible idea. Obviously Daredevil (and his supporting cast) has a HUGE fanbase when compared to Echo's, but I think he will get his own show and/or movie in the future. So his stans can afford to wait (probably for not too long either). It's a little bit like how Wanda "stans" wanna turn the Multiverse of Madness into a Scarlet Witch movie. That's a stance that I vigorously disagree with also. As I've stated on the Marvel Cinematic Universe thread many times, audiences WILL eventually get tired of characters being stuffed in their faces repeatedly, no matter how popular they are. I hope Feige and company space things out a little bit. A lot of MCU stans won't admit it, but I think superhero fatigue IS a real concern going forward.
    You know I felt similar regarding her going soft on the brainwashed widows the first time around watching it, in particular when she was holding the hand of one of them on the pipe/chimney. I rewatched it again with my sons during our MCU chronological viewing right after the amazing CA: Civil War and I understood it much better and why she did this. She understood their pain and wanted to help them.

Yes, that would be a bad idea to make the Echo show a DD/Kingpin vehicle. Daredevil will get his moment in the sun sooner or later. He's just too popular to not capitalise upon.

Making SW the predominant or even one of the two main stars of Dr Strange 2 is a terrible idea. I know there are a ton of SW stans out there. Man, she had a whole series to herself, well almost. But let's not kid around, WandaVision was mainly about Wanda. I actually found it a chore to get through at times. Not all the American Easter eggs/references carry over well to European audiences. It did have some very good moments but I found it the weakest of the current three MCU series.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Agreed, on top of this it's just.... wrong.I get the writer is setting the tone and just making the hero of the story "badass" but once you take a second to think about it it's messed up.I feel the same way about Superior Spider-man w/ MJ and Anna Maria, there he was in someone else's body and they weren't aware of it and here she has no say in it.

That and Waid's writing women is horrible from what I've seen.This from someone who hates SJW's complaining about every thing and calling every comic book sexist.He writes them as objects.His Black Cat was horrendously OOC as well, and clearly his way of propping up Matt.(this isn't just my opinion(the black cat one), reviews about the book way back when and even posts now point this out)

His DD was on point though, so I enjoyed the run last I read it.The bride is a no name character so it doesn't matter, but he butchered Black Cat in just 2 issues.Then Slott came along and finished his work...

)
    Yes, it is morally wrong and doesn't send a great message across. Waid has quite the liberal agenda and obviously wants to try and please the liberal crowd on all fronts which doesn't always work out well. I agree, he did a very good job on the Daredevil run but messed up Black Cat, and as you say Slott basically hammered in the last nail. The Anna Maria situation was messed up.

That would be fantastic!

I personally would be up for a set of three (at least, why not more?) movies for Daredevil. We had a three season series and the Defenders, let's get some movies with some great fight scenes (a la Captain America/Russo standard style).

I don’t think this will ever happen, unfortunately. And if it does it will be one no one whose a fan of the story will be happy with.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

That would be fantastic!
    It would be. Too bad be those who can make it happen never will. The audience they cater to is too sensitive for a powerful story like this.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 11-17-2021 at 06:39 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

His DD was on point though, so I enjoyed the run last I read it.The bride is a no name character so it doesn't matter, but he butchered Black Cat in just 2 issues.Then Slott came along and finished his work....

He'll be there IMO, w/ all the echo/Kingpin stuff and the leak.I don't think him being there would have fit w/ this trailer, this was a very action packed trailer.That and I can't wait for the crowd to go wild in the cinema halls when he shows up!

Also when he's back do you guys want him to get a movie or a D+ series?(and if both which one first?)

Yes, it is morally wrong and doesn't send a great message across. Waid has quite the liberal agenda and obviously wants to try and please the liberal crowd on all fronts which doesn't always work out well. I agree, he did a very good job on the Daredevil run but messed up Black Cat, and as you say Slott basically hammered in the last nail. The Anna Maria situation was messed up.
    Hold on. What’s this about Black Cat now?
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

I personally would be up for a set of three (at least, why not more?) movies for Daredevil. We had a three season series and the Defenders, let's get some movies with some great fight scenes (a la Captain America/Russo standard style).
    I’d prefer a show since there’d be many more hours of content. And if it’s on DisneyPlus I think the budget can be expected be quite decent.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

Hold on. What’s this about Black Cat now?
    Waid did a 2 story arc in ASM and DD(wrote both issue, I think slott needed a break/more time) where
    1)Spider-man is a desperate loser trying to get w/ Black Cat
    2)Black Cat rejects him, not wanting to be a rebound
    3)Matt and Black Cat flirt(ofc Cat is the one who initiates it and comes onto Matt because Waid)
    4)They make fun of Spider-man, then when splitting up Cat goes w/ Matt saying she's glad he left
    5)More Cat coming onto Matt
    6)They kiss/make out infront of Peter
    7)Go back to his place for a one-night stand.
    8)Cat is faking because she wants to steal something but in this interaction she feels for him(mind you there's no development in these issue that would show this) and doesn't steel but actually helps him.
    (Matt is called and has to leave, so they don't/can't go through w/ it btw)

Just a very OOC 2 issue arc that butchers Cat's character and DD Spider-man's friendship and Cat's and Spider-man's friendship/relationship for self-insert fanservice that goes nowhere.Me writing this doesn't do it justice, the 2 issues writing is what makes this so bad.

Not against character hook ups w/ someone else's btw.Strange and Elektra did it, so did Peter and Mockingbird.The execution is what makes it terrible.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-17-2021 at 05:47 AM.

Waid did a 2 story arc in ASM and DD(wrote both issue, I think slott needed a break/more time) where
    1)Spider-man is a desperate loser trying to get w/ Black Cat
    2)Black Cat rejects him, not wanting to be a rebound
    3)Matt and Black Cat flirt(ofc Cat is the one who initiates it and comes onto Matt because Waid)
    4)They make fun of Spider-man, then when splitting up Cat goes w/ Matt saying she's glad he left
    5)More Cat coming onto Matt
    6)They kiss/make out infront of Peter
    7)Go back to his place for a one-night stand.
    8)Cat is faking because she wants to steal something but in this interaction she feels for him(mind you there's no development in these issue that would show this) and doesn't steel but actually helps him.

Just a very OOC 2 issue arc that butchers Cat's character and DD Spider-man's friendship and Cat's and Spider-man's friendship/relationship for self-insert fanservice that goes nowhere.Me writing this doesn't do it justice, the 2 issues writing is what makes this so bad.

Not against character hook ups w/ someone else's btw.Strange and Elektra did it, so did Peter and Mockingbird.The execution is what makes it terrible.
    I know the story arc your referring to. I’m not finding what’s bad about any of that you listed. Is it that Black Cat used her sexuality to get Matt’s attention in order to steel the Omega Drive? I don’t find any of that out of character at all. She’s extremely attractive and used that to her advantage and actually ended up liking Matt in the end do to a mutual attraction. And I liked them together. A girl who powers are dangerous and a guy who leaps into danger without hesitation. They had a line about that very dynamic in that story. It was an awesome pairing I WISH Waid and others had/would do more with. I’m not finding what’s out of character for anybody involved.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

I know the story arc your referring to. I’m not finding what’s bad about any of that you listed. Is it that Black Cat used her sexuality to get Matt’s attention in order to steel the Omega Drive? I don’t find any of that out of character at all. She’s extremely attractive and used that to her advantage and actually ended up liking Matt in the end do to a mutual attraction. And I liked them together. A girl who powers are dangerous and a guy who leaps into danger without hesitation. They had a line about that very dynamic in that story. It was an awesome pairing I WISH Waid and others had/would do more with. I’m not finding what’s out of character for anybody involved.
    Well you didn't find a problem w/ the other stuff so go figure

But it is OOC, as someone whose read all of ASM this doesn't read like Black Cat or Peter at all

Also she doesn't take the drive, because she grew attached to him because of 2 kisses... and writes a letter telling him everything she knows. Not because she wants to do good, or realized how bad the company who hired her is.This and the letter is full of more wank.

"actually ended up liking Matt " You mean the writer wrote her OOC to make her like Matt enough to give up her mission, she didn't even do so for Peter or Fox(father figure), both who she loves(her words).

We don't need to continue this, if you find nothing wrong w/ this cool.But he did ruin her character(set the tone of her character and relationship w/ Peter in the whole era going forward.Which everyone hated btw, Spencer fixing her was a massive relief for all Spidey fans) and relationship w/ Peter for one issue which could have been done hundreds of other ways.

https://www.reddit.com/r/comicbooks/..._of_character/

There are so many reviews out there and you'll find that they and the comments call Black Cat OOC here.This is like killing a C lister for effect in a story but so much worse because he just sent Cat on a horrible direction that we were stuck w/ for years.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-17-2021 at 06:02 AM.