Page 141 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4191131137138139140141142143144145151 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,115 of 2426
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    I expect he will. He is continuing his run after Devil’s Reign after all may continue passed issue 50. In a recent Reddit AMA or video interview I think he said he has some ending planned but he didn’t give an exact issue number for when he thinks he’ll end his run.
    Yes, let's hope it's not rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    They do lol, it's like reading another character level bad.

1)So I'm guessing you ignored where he did a complete 180 on her character for a cheap gag that never went anywhere.

2)Again you only look at the DD side of things and it's blatantly obvious.I already said DD was decent in this

3)"masterful" I dug out and re-read the issues, broke down the timeline of Black Cat and where it all went wrong(this arc), provided examples of how they should be and usually are written and why this handeling of characters is very harmful and that's your takeaway...

Maybe I'm framing it in a way that can't reach you or smth, hopefully Raffi can understand what I mean and maybe try to put it in better words.Because I tried every direction and was as thorough as I can and you just said it was "masterful"....
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with how you put it. You've put forward fantastic arguments. Nanashi is how he is. He likes to discuss but he's sticking to his guns. No offense Nanashi He loved the Daredevil/Dakota North quickie, I hated it. You hated the DD/BC quickie (as did I), he loved it. That's how it rolls with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Jump to 13:05 for the Soule Daredevil omnibus.

Thx. I'm aware of GemMint's reviews. His review of Soule's Daredevil Omnibus was ok in the respect that we got to look inside but he has absolutely no knowledge of the Soule run. I pre-ordered the David Lopez DM Cover as I'm not a fan of the Phil Noto cover.

MARVEL MULTIVERSE ROLE-PLAYING GAME: PLAYTEST RULEBOOK TPB COELLO COVER
    Written by MATT FORBECK
    Covers by IBAN COELLO, LOGAN LUBERA & PEACH MOMOKO

Daredevil by Jacob Edgar:

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    You know, that really really annoyed me with Superior, that certain characters couldn't tell the difference and how Black Cat later reacted extremely OTT with Peter. Some of the first Spidey comics I read back in the early 80s were those where BC was introduced and knowing their history together, it just seemed OOC how she responded.

You mentioning Spencer's retcon of BC reminded me of Soule's putting Daredevil's secret identity back in the box after Waid's run. One of the elements I disliked in Waid's run was Daredevil's identity reveal and how the later issues in San Francisco went downhill. Soule did a masterful job.
    There's absolutely nothing wrong with how you put it. You've put forward fantastic arguments. Nanashi is how he is. He likes to discuss but he's sticking to his guns. No offense Nanashi He loved the Daredevil/Dakota North quickie, I hated it. You hated the DD/BC quickie (as did I), he loved it. That's how it rolls with him.
    Thank you, good to know.I was feeling like I was messing up something in the posts.A great discussion nonetheless, thanks a lot both of you.

Great points re: BW movie and MCU series. SW in Dr Strange 2 similar to BW in CA 2 would be a great option. Important but not stealing the show. I do think it would be cool to have Daredevil in Echo but not to hog the whole show - a couple of appearances would suffice. Kingpin would also be key, but only for her origin story say in episode 1 and then she cuts loose.
    Glad you agree man and thanks for the kind words. I think Wanda being in Strange 2 like Natasha was in Captain America 2 would be great. But I do feel that Strange and Wanda might clash with one another. So the dynamic will be different. I think it's likely that Daredevil and Kingpin show up in Echo due to the fact they have a connection in the comic books, but I think the series might get into her Native American heritage a bit. They have Native American writers working on the project. And they can avoid stereotypes that way. But yeah, I don't mind Matt and Wilson having a decent sized role in the show, but Echo should get the spotlight! Marvel Studios seem really confident that she will be a popular character in the future.

Haha It’s all good!
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

You know, that really really annoyed me with Superior, that certain characters couldn't tell the difference and how Black Cat later reacted extremely OTT with Peter. Some of the first Spidey comics I read back in the early 80s were those where BC was introduced and knowing their history together, it just seemed OOC how she responded.

You mentioning Spencer's retcon of BC reminded me of Soule's putting Daredevil's secret identity back in the box after Waid's run. One of the elements I disliked in Waid's run was Daredevil's identity reveal and how the later issues in San Francisco went downhill. Soule did a masterful job.
    Absolutely!
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Daredevil by Marcio Takara:

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Thank you, good to know.I was feeling like I was messing up something in the posts.A great discussion nonetheless, thanks a lot both of you.
    Thank YOU for your Spidey knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Glad you agree man and thanks for the kind words. I think Wanda being in Strange 2 like Natasha was in Captain America 2 would be great. But I do feel that Strange and Wanda might clash with one another. So the dynamic will be different. I think it's likely that Daredevil and Kingpin show up in Echo due to the fact they have a connection in the comic books, but I think the series might get into her Native American heritage a bit. They have Native American writers working on the project. And they can avoid stereotypes that way. But yeah, I don't mind Matt and Wilson having a decent sized role in the show, but Echo should get the spotlight! Marvel Studios seem really confident that she will be a popular character in the future.
    You're welcome mate. You have some good points.

You're welcome mate. You have some good points.
    Thanks for the nice words. By the way, check's in the mail.

By the way, after watching that Batman trailer last month, I hope Disney goes in a DIFFERENT direction with DD. I think a "noir-driven detective version" of Matt would be fine in the MCU. I know Warner Brothers is trying to do that with Bruce, but if you look at the trailer for the Batman, it looked like an "action thriller" to me, not a noir detective story as advertised by DC. "Noir is usually about the psychological challenge to the detective, not the gunfire." Plus, they can make it somewhat lighthearted like Columbo or Matlock. I think Marvel Studios should differentiate themselves from the DCEU. Aren't we practically all kinda over seeing grimdark versions of Batman on the big screen? It doesn't have to be Adam-West levels of camp, but a dark costume against a dark backdrop with a gravelly voice is all we've gotten from Batman films since 2005. I don't wanna see Marvel do that with Murdock. Look, I know lots of noir detective stories have dank corridors with bad guys shooting machine guns in them. The detective gets too close to something sensitive, they get beat up a bit, maybe shot at. It's a staple of the genre.

"The difference, as I'd define it, between that and what I observed in this trailer, would be that the fight scenes in a noir are obstacles for the protagonist to survive and overcome on their way to solving the mystery, whereas fight scenes in an action film are how problems actually get resolved. The trailer, in my opinion, leans more towards "The Dark Knight solving problems with his fists" than "The World's Greatest Detective hitting a few violent snags in his investigation." I prefer the MCU take a different approach to Daredevil as opposed to imitating what DC is doing with The Batman (apparently).
    Last edited by Albert1981; 11-18-2021 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Albert1981 View Post
    Thanks for the nice words. By the way, check's in the mail.

By the way, after watching that Batman trailer last month, I hope Disney goes in a DIFFERENT direction with DD. I think a "noir-driven detective version" of Matt would be fine in the MCU. I know Warner Brothers is trying to do that with Bruce, but if you look at the trailer for the Batman, it looked like an "action thriller" to me, not a noir detective story as advertised by DC. "Noir is usually about the psychological challenge to the detective, not the gunfire." Plus, they can make it somewhat lighthearted like Columbo or Matlock. I think Marvel Studios should differentiate themselves from the DCEU. Aren't we practically all kinda over seeing grimdark versions of Batman on the big screen? It doesn't have to be Adam-West levels of camp, but a dark costume against a dark backdrop with a gravelly voice is all we've gotten from Batman films since 2005. I don't wanna see Marvel do that with Murdock. Look, I know lots of noir detective stories have dank corridors with bad guys shooting machine guns in them. The detective gets too close to something sensitive, they get beat up a bit, maybe shot at. It's a staple of the genre.

"The difference, as I'd define it, between that and what I observed in this trailer, would be that the fight scenes in a noir are obstacles for the protagonist to survive and overcome on their way to solving the mystery, whereas fight scenes in an action film are how problems actually get resolved. The trailer, in my opinion, leans more towards "The Dark Knight solving problems with his fists" than "The World's Greatest Detective hitting a few violent snags in his investigation." I prefer the MCU take a different approach to Daredevil as opposed to imitating what DC is doing with The Batman (apparently).
    I can't really converse with your on this as I haven't seen the Batman trailer and as some of the other posters are aware of, I won't do so until after watching the movie. I liked to be surprised and I dislike waiting to see a scene in the movie which I saw in the trailer. I recently enjoyed watching the two main trailers of The Eternals after I saw the movie. Btw, there were a couple of scenes which were not in the movie IINM, which happens sometimes.

Coming back to Daredevil, I really don't know which direction Marvel/Disney will take. I'm not sure I would want an over the top joking Daredevil. I'm all for some light humour but the serious side of Matt would be welcome to see.

Extraordinary Member

I can't really converse with your on this as I haven't seen the Batman trailer and as some of the other posters are aware of, I won't do so until after watching the movie. I liked to be surprised and I dislike waiting to see a scene in the movie which I saw in the trailer. I recently enjoyed watching the two main trailers of The Eternals after I saw the movie. Btw, there were a couple of scenes which were not in the movie IINM, which happens sometimes.

Coming back to Daredevil, I really don't know which direction Marvel/Disney will take. I'm not sure I would want an over the top joking Daredevil. I'm all for some light humour but the serious side of Matt would be welcome to see.
    Absolutely, seeing a movie first is a much better experience.I'm way too weak willed to do it but whenever I've done so by accident like w/ Wonder woman(first one) it's a greater experience .

Hopefully they can balance it, atleast they have good sample material in the DD show and any comic run they might take inspiration from can't be that bad(in comparison to other characters who have terrible runs as well)