Page 154 of 162 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2426
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I have a massive request. If anyone sees the new Spidey movie, please put any spoilers regarding any "possible" man without fear appearances or anything else for that matter in the spoiler brackets. My wife and I plan on taking our two sons a little later. A BIG thanks in advance
    Just a heads up, I went over to Youtube and was greeted by 2 leaked scenes on the very home page.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Just a heads up, I went over to Youtube and was greeted by 2 leaked scenes on the very home page.
    There have been a ridiculous lot of leaks of NWH. Since I don’t care about this movie I watched what was out there and I can say considering my interest was mild before it’s now nonexistent. I was thankfully able to watch the only scene I cared about and it was all right. It’s less impressive to me than it is questionable but not out right disappointing at all. “Cool” may even be used to describe it. Of course, I’ll leave anymore to be said about that scene at a later time when more people have watched it.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 12-15-2021 at 10:08 AM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    There have been a ridiculous lot of leaks of NWH. Since I don’t care about this movie I watched what was out there and I can say considering my interest was mild before it’s now nonexistent. I was thankfully able to watch the only scene I cared about and it was all right. It’s less impressive to me than it is questionable but not out right disappointing at all. “Cool” may even be used to describe it. Of course, I’ll leave anymore to be said about that scene at a later time when more people have watched it.
    I see. I have my tickets booked for sunday, but honestly there is only 2 things about this movie that I am excited about, and it's not Tom Hollands' Spider-Man Hopefully the movie won't be a total bore, but I don't see how it can be any worse than Far From Home.

I see. I have my tickets booked for sunday, but honestly there is only 2 things about this movie that I am excited about, and it's not Tom Hollands' Spider-Man Hopefully the movie won't be a total bore, but I don't see how it can be any worse than Far From Home.
    Obviously I haven’t watched it yet but from what I have watched of what’s leaked I don’t think it’s any better than FFH. Not that I was expecting it to be any better than FFH based on the trailers and rumors anyhow.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 12-15-2021 at 12:27 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Obviously I haven’t watched it yet but from what I have watched of what’s leaked I don’t think it’s any better than FFH. Not that I was expecting it to be any better than FFH based on the trailers and rumors anyhow.
    Yeah I don't have high hopes overall, but I would happily be proven wrong.

Daredevil 300 was my first Daredevil comic and I've been hooked ever since.

- George Orwell

- Voltair

BANNED

I was rewatching Season 2 this last few days. I can't appreciate enoguht about all the fight scenes that Daredevil had with ninja. Some of the most coolest live action fight scenes. Digging the fight scene with where Murdock uses his senses to hear the breathing while fighting. Does these extension of powers works the same for comics?

Hmm sounds like this is a day ending in -y

BANNED

NWH chat

spoilers:
    The cameo was fantastic and funny, hope to see these two team up down the road
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Just finished DR #1. Enjoyable but as some of you have written, we've seen it before in Dark Reign and Civil War. I just find it so unbelievable that the govt., Homeland and others are going along with it unless there are people being paid of which kind of mirrors what's going on in the world today with Big Pharma, mandates and executing control/authority over the masses. Whoever controls mass media and the big companies spins their own yarns and the majority unfortunately will swallow the propaganda without doing the due diligence.

Checchetto's art was great. I also think it's a shame they cancelled the Luke Cage series what with his and Jessica's part in this issue.
    Good to hear your comments on DR#1 Raffi. It’s the impression I get with how the world works nowadays. Some of the observations I would add, is that gangsters around the world run governments and they’re backed by big corporations, who control the media, and thus, us. It’s a truism gangsters run every country, and their modus operandi is to push bare faced lies as fact, and make it so they ‘fine’ anybody who resists, with exorbitant fees. I am pushing for governors to sack these politicians.

However, having said that, I do concede, gangsters are the only ones who are there to fight other gangsters who attack nations, because they protect their own. Private citizens have to give credit where credit is due.

So, going on with Devils Reigns #1 discussions, Chip Zdarsky’s story is Civil War Revisited, because CW was heroes versus a Dark Reign by Tony Stark. Tony Stark in Devils Reign involving himself as a gangster by becoming a Mayoral candidate just follows the formula of Civil War. As to the flow and trigger incident, it was rather tame with the Fisk speech, so it had less gravitas than CW#1, which blew a hole in a school full of kids. Then, as each group of superheroes clashed with the Fisk Thunderbolts, (the new Capekillers), there was little drama in each of the arrests. Mark Millar had a way of causing greater disruption, than the temper tantrum of Wilson Fisk. It meandered for the most part, through casual encounters by TBolts with superheroes, who had contingency plans for something like this. There needed to be a harder hitting ending than the one we got here.

The premise for Devils Reign is sound enough, but I don’t think the superheroes are taking it that serious. What does come across as more topical is how media gets to be used to manipulate individuals, so that Captain America is flamuxed by the attack, and so are the FF. Really, the war is about finding a way to become relevant against this kind of social media alienation and ostracism. Steve Rogers did it in his series recently, and so did the Champions, but there is no standard procedure that superheroes can use when people in power blind-side them. They basically have to wait it out, and hope the bad guys shoots themselves in the foot.
    Last edited by jackolover; 12-16-2021 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Yeah, this story got me really hyped for Luke Cage. I'm very disappointed by the cancellation.

The art in Devil's Reign is great. I'm liking the story so far. Not sure what tie-ins to go with, so I'll have to keep a look out for the ones people like.

Is someone going to create a thread for the event or just use the Daredevil thread since it basically replaces the main book.
    Yes, it would be good to create a thread for this. And after the list shared on this site, I’m up for getting all of this Event, because like you, I miss Dark Reign.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    So I'm just about done brubakers run and I'm wondering if I need to read the shadowland stuff (I've heard it's not very good) or can I just go.right into waids run.
    Depends on what you mean by "need." If you're looking for a conclusion of the cliffhanger Brubaker left the book in, that happens with Diggle's run. If you're wondering if you can understand what's happening in Waid's run without it, yeah, Waid is a pretty clean start. It'll briefly reference the events of Shadowland and then move on.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?