Page 155 of 162 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 2426
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Incredible Member

On Zdarsky's Youtube there is a 2 hour conversation between him and Charles Soule. I haven't watched it, but apparently Soule has a DD miniseries planned.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    On Zdarsky's Youtube there is a 2 hour conversation between him and Charles Soule. I haven't watched it, but apparently Soule has a DD miniseries planned.
    Whoa I’m excited!
    Last edited by Nanashi; 12-16-2021 at 01:34 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Just a heads up, I went over to Youtube and was greeted by 2 leaked scenes on the very home page.
    Thx. Yeah, as soon as I see a pic of Spidey, I switch over to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Thx. Yeah, as soon as I see a pic of Spidey, I switch over to something else.
    Even some thumbnails are spoilers.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

I see. I have my tickets booked for sunday, but honestly there is only 2 things about this movie that I am excited about, and it's not Tom Hollands' Spider-Man Hopefully the movie won't be a total bore, but I don't see how it can be any worse than Far From Home.
    Sam Raimi's/Tobey Maguire's Spidey will always be my Spidey. The first two movies are masterpieces and the third grows on you with rewatched. He's also a favourite of my youngest son although he does like Tom Holland. My oldest is a fan of Andrew Garfield, probably as he relates to him more what with the scateboard and the laid-back attitude as well as liking Hacksaw Ridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I was rewatching Season 2 this last few days. I can't appreciate enoguht about all the fight scenes that Daredevil had with ninja. Some of the most coolest live action fight scenes. Digging the fight scene with where Murdock uses his senses to hear the breathing while fighting. Does these extension of powers works the same for comics?
    I showed my sons some of the fight scenes from S01E01 and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised as they hold up well from when I initially saw them. I'm looking forward to showing them the hallway scene from E02.

In the comics, a whole plethora of his senses are explored depending on who the writer is. I can't remember whether breathing was used.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Good to hear your comments on DR#1 Raffi. It’s the impression I get with how the world works nowadays. Some of the observations I would add, is that gangsters around the world run governments and they’re backed by big corporations, who control the media, and thus, us. It’s a truism gangsters run every country, and their modus operandi is to push bare faced lies as fact, and make it so they ‘fine’ anybody who resists, with exorbitant fees. I am pushing for governors to sack these politicians.

However, having said that, I do concede, gangsters are the only ones who are there to fight other gangsters who attack nations, because they protect their own. Private citizens have to give credit where credit is due.

So, going on with Devils Reigns #1 discussions, Chip Zdarsky’s story is Civil War Revisited, because CW was heroes versus a Dark Reign by Tony Stark. Tony Stark in Devils Reign involving himself as a gangster by becoming a Mayoral candidate just follows the formula of Civil War. As to the flow and trigger incident, it was rather tame with the Fisk speech, so it had less gravitas than CW#1, which blew a hole in a school full of kids. Then, as each group of superheroes clashed with the Fisk Thunderbolts, (the new Capekillers), there was little drama in each of the arrests. Mark Millar had a way of causing greater disruption, than the temper tantrum of Wilson Fisk. It meandered for the most part, through casual encounters by TBolts with superheroes, who had contingency plans for something like this. There needed to be a harder hitting ending than the one we got here.

The premise for Devils Reign is sound enough, but I don’t think the superheroes are taking it that serious. What does come across as more topical is how media gets to be used to manipulate individuals, so that Captain America is flamuxed by the attack, and so are the FF. Really, the war is about finding a way to become relevant against this kind of social media alienation and ostracism. Steve Rogers did it in his series recently, and so did the Champions, but there is no standard procedure that superheroes can use when people in power blind-side them. They basically have to wait it out, and hope the bad guys shoots themselves in the foot.
    I totally agree with your view on how some governments are run. It would seem that the majority are operating in this manner at this time, unfortunately. Very very difficult for the little man to get his pov out there and be heard. And yeah, just as with the world at large and with Devil's Reign, getting the right headline out there in mass media, the public will believe anything because most people want their thinking to be done for them. There's hardly any questioning or reading between the lines.

This could be that one more Daredevil story that Soule wanted to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    This could be that one more Daredevil story that Soule wanted to tell.
    Yes!!!!!
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

BANNED

So I was watching season 3, I was kinda of shocked for some of the decisions that Matt or Karen took because they seem pretty stupid(like Matt going to the jail prison or Karen taking shelter on the church) . It didn't came onto me at first thought but seemingly I came to understand until it was given more context after few episodes. It was handled greatly with respect to how Karen wanted to confess to Matt about Wesley's death and how Matt had changed a lot after Elektra's death.
    Last edited by Vishop; 12-17-2021 at 01:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    NWH chat

spoilers:
    The cameo was fantastic and funny, hope to see these two team up down the road
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    If Matt showed up in NWH, does that confirm that the Netflix shows are MCU canon? Unlike Agents of SHIELD which broke continuity in the last couple of seasons!
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    If Matt showed up in NWH, does that confirm that the Netflix shows are MCU canon? Unlike Agents of SHIELD which broke continuity in the last couple of seasons!
    end of spoilers
    My take it would be similar to how the Incredible Hulk was treated. It happened but the details are vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It doesn’t mean it’s canon, it just means he’s a variant. How similar/different they are depends on the story
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    spoilers:
    It doesn’t mean it’s canon, it just means he’s a variant. How similar/different they are depends on the story
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That means its canon. Him being a variant confirms that the Netflix shows are at the very least a part of the MCU multiverse
    end of spoilers