Page 18 of 162 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868118 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Daredevil Epic vol 16 coming out at The End of this year for those interested.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    This is interesting for sure and I will definitely be checking it out but I really hope it doesn't disrupt the Zdarsky run.
    Omg I hope it doesn’t. The KiB stuff was pointless enough and only served to delay the ongoing story.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 03-08-2021 at 05:11 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Daredevil Epic vol 16 coming out at The End of this year for those interested.
    This Epic will include that awful event "Dead Man's Hand" which crossed over in Nomad #4-6 and Punisher War Journal #45-47. I collected all those issues in order to read the complete story. Only a diehard DD fan would do that, as the story was extremely bad and in particular the art in the Daredevil issues.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Yeah, it's a rough time period. My attempt at mapping the Epic Collection went with:

Daredevil 301-309, Annual 8, Nomad 4-6, Punisher War Zone 45-47.

It's pretty boring. Doesn't even have The Man Without Fear mini in there.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    This Epic will include that awful event "Dead Man's Hand" which crossed over in Nomad #4-6 and Punisher War Journal #45-47. I collected all those issues in order to read the complete story. Only a diehard DD fan would do that, as the story was extremely bad and in particular the art in the Daredevil issues.
    Do you have every Daredevil issue from 1 to present? If not is that goal? If yes, how close are you? If I may ask.

what kind of prison is Matthew in? Is he somewhere in Manhattan? The other boroughs? Somewhere upstate?

Incredible Member

Never heard of that story arc. I am just excited for the fact that we are one step closer to filling the post-Miller gap with these books.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Do you have every Daredevil issue from 1 to present? If not is that goal? If yes, how close are you? If I may ask.
    No I don't have every floppy i.e. single issue but I have a fair amount of them. Several years ago, I had the goal of owning every Daredevil issue be it a floppy or in a collected format. The Epic Collections had not yet been launched when I started purchasing every issue that I already didn't have and could get my hands on. Right now, I do have every issue in some form or another from Volumes 1-4 (1964-2015). The upcoming Soule Omnibus which I have pre-ordered will cover Volume 5 (2016-2018). I also have many other comics in which Daredevil makes an appearance.

I ended up double/triple dipping with quite a few issues as I bought various formats. I've steadily started selling off some of them, in particular trade paperbacks as I'm a big fan of the Omnibus format. I won't be, at present, offloading any of the single issues or Marvel Masterworks from Volume 1 (1964). If there's anyone interested in any Daredevil collected edition, shoot me a PM.
    Last edited by Raffi Ol D'Arcy; 03-09-2021 at 04:29 AM.

I can say that I have every issue collected in some format. I have every Epic Collection and the black and white Essential Collections that push me around Roger McKenzie's run. Then I collected floppies until Miller's run. Then I have the collections of those and the Loves Labors Lost trade. I have floppies pretty much straight through after that despite also having the Epic Collections because I collected them first. Some of the Annuals, I think, are only mine because of the epic collections (the Daredevil/Deadpool one is an example, although I did purchase that digitally at one time).

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

"Daredevil - Cover" by Michael Pickard (2021) [Ink / Digital]
    Drawn for "Ink Drink Think", alongside @jwise_art, @NateBWells,
    @mattjbatt, and Todd Blackwood.

Incredible Member

Another good one this week guys, and that ending!

No I don't have every floppy i.e. single issue but I have a fair amount of them. Several years ago, I had the goal of owning every Daredevil issue be it a floppy or in a collected format. The Epic Collections had not yet been launched when I started purchasing every issue that I already didn't have and could get my hands on. Right now, I do have every issue in some form or another from Volumes 1-4 (1964-2015). The upcoming Soule Omnibus which I have pre-ordered will cover Volume 5 (2016-2018). I also have many other comics in which Daredevil makes an appearance.

I ended up double/triple dipping with quite a few issues as I bought various formats. I've steadily started selling off some of them, in particular trade paperbacks as I'm a big fan of the Omnibus format. I won't be, at present, offloading any of the single issues or Marvel Masterworks from Volume 1 (1964). If there's anyone interested in any Daredevil collected edition, shoot me a PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    I can say that I have every issue collected in some format. I have every Epic Collection and the black and white Essential Collections that push me around Roger McKenzie's run. Then I collected floppies until Miller's run. Then I have the collections of those and the Loves Labors Lost trade. I have floppies pretty much straight through after that despite also having the Epic Collections because I collected them first. Some of the Annuals, I think, are only mine because of the epic collections (the Daredevil/Deadpool one is an example, although I did purchase that digitally at one time).
    That’s awesome! I’m trying to collect all the floppies and am a long way off. My oldest issue is Daredevil no. 8 that I purchased at a comic show.

What is the oldest single issue that you guys have in your collections?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Omg I hope it doesn’t. The KiB stuff was pointless enough and only served to delay the ongoing story.

Agreed. I read one page and put it down. What a waste.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    That’s awesome! I’m trying to collect all the floppies and am a long way off. My oldest issue is Daredevil no. 8 that I purchased at a comic show.

What is the oldest single issue that you guys have in your collections?
    It's nowhere near that old for me. I think it's Daredevil #26. I have a facsimile edition of Daredevil #1 that's pretty cool (reprinted with ads and all). Obviously, the pricier the comic, the harder it is for me to justify - especially since I like to read them and I don't want it to disintegrate in my hands. My prior comic right now is Daredevil #158. I got #168 in excellent condition for $200 a few years ago, but 158 is somehow just as expensive and often harder to find.