Page 20 of 162 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

A friend of mine told me that if you buy something from The UK that is less than 20 euros it will slip pass any extra fees and all that, and so I decided to try an order from BD. Turns out he was wrong so now I have a copy of the latest MWF mini for which I payed like 1.5Xcover price. Oh well.

Finally finished the Bendis run on Daredevil. Overall it was definitely great, my favorite arc was the one with all the “Daredevil Support Group” members talking under the church. Bendis can do a pretty damn good horror story, I actually wish there was more of that in this run. Also that ending, Jesus I heard he ended his run in a tough spot but that’s about as bad an ending as you could get. I guess I need to read Brubaker’s Daredevil run someday so I can see the follow up.

Also of all the crimes that terrible Daredevil movie committed, worst has to be Marvel forcing Maleev to draw Bullseye in that crappy movie outfit for synergy. He only gets to draw the “real” Bullseye in a fakeout dream sequence at the very end of Bendis’ run!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Finally finished the Bendis run on Daredevil. Overall it was definitely great, my favorite arc was the one with all the “Daredevil Support Group” members talking under the church. Bendis can do a pretty damn good horror story, I actually wish there was more of that in this run. Also that ending, Jesus I heard he ended his run in a tough spot but that’s about as bad an ending as you could get. I guess I need to read Brubaker’s Daredevil run someday so I can see the follow up.

Also of all the crimes that terrible Daredevil movie committed, worst has to be Marvel forcing Maleev to draw Bullseye in that crappy movie outfit for synergy. He only gets to draw the “real” Bullseye in a fakeout dream sequence at the very end of Bendis’ run!
    That was my favorite story from his run as well! So good. I will say as good as Bendis run on DD is, I love Brubakers run even more! He was definitely up for the challenge.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    That was my favorite story from his run as well! So good. I will say as good as Bendis run on DD is, I love Brubakers run even more! He was definitely up for the challenge.
    Yes! Although Brubakers run is well regarded as one of the best I sometimes feels it’s under appreciated compared to others.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Yes! Although Brubakers run is well regarded as one of the best I sometimes feels it’s under appreciated compared to others.
    To me it's not under appreciated. It is appreciated as it should. Why do you thing it is under appreciated ? To me there are many other run under appreciated, that don't even have softcover omnis or no omnis at all.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    To me it's not under appreciated. It is appreciated as it should. Why do you thing it is under appreciated ? To me there are many other run under appreciated, that don't even have softcover omnis or no omnis at all.
    It’s seems like his run is one that tends have to be reminded of. It’s not often but its happened enough where I’ve found it noticeable. But that’s just me. His run is perhaps my favorite so that’s why a lack of conversation about it stands out to me more.

What are the many other runs you’re talking about?
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

It’s seems like his run is one that tends have to be reminded of. It’s not often but its happened enough where I’ve found it noticeable. But that’s just me. His run is perhaps my favorite so that’s why a lack of conversation about it stands out to me more.

What are the many other runs you’re talking about?
    Well to me Miller's original run and Bendis' run are way above and behond Brubaker's run.
    The only issue that stood out was, off course, the one co-written with Greg Rucak.

As for the other runs that never got the treatment that they deserve are:

- Dennis O'Neil - a must read to really give meaning to Miller's "Born Again" that I find pointless on its own.
    - D.G. Chichester - a very nice follow up to "Born Again"
    - Ann Nocenty, a massive unique run, but no Omnibus ??

Then there are no soft omnibus for Andy Diggle and Mark Waid, I don't see the logic in Marvel's choices.

Of course All will be in the Dardevil Epic collection, but I find the collection oddly collected.

Quote Originally Posted by jb681131 View Post
    Well to me Miller's original run and Bendis' run are way above and behond Brubaker's run.
    The only issue that stood out was, off course, the one co-written with Greg Rucak.

As for the other runs that never got the treatment that they deserve are:

- Dennis O'Neil - a must read to really give meaning to Miller's "Born Again" that I find pointless on its own.
    - D.G. Chichester - a very nice follow up to "Born Again"
    - Ann Nocenty, a massive unique run, but no Omnibus ??

Then there are no soft omnibus for Andy Diggle and Mark Waid, I don't see the logic in Marvel's choices.

Of course All will be in the Dardevil Epic collection, but I find the collection oddly collected.
    I appreciate Miller’s run far more than I like it.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 03-14-2021 at 06:57 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

This is an excellent video on Batman V Superman but I post it here because at 10:30 in it got me thinking of Zdarsky’s run. Let me know what you guys think.

When he talks about DK being a safe movie and implying Snyder s over serious drama is art I puked in my mouth

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    When he talks about DK being a safe movie and implying Snyder s over serious drama is art I puked in my mouth
    I take it you wouldn’t be keen on Snyder doing Elektra Lives Again? That’d actually be his choose we’re he to do something for Marvel.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 03-15-2021 at 12:08 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I take it you wouldn’t be keen on Snyder doing Elektra Lives Again? That’d actually be his choose we’re he to do something for Marvel.
    Since I don't care for both of them (unless you count the Jennifer Garner movie)... Elektra, Ninjas and Resurrection are the least interesting items in the Daredevil toolbox imho

At least another year of Zdarsky to come? Maybe he’ll do something original?
    https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/1...141947904?s=21
    Last edited by Nanashi; 03-17-2021 at 09:36 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

At least another year of Zdarsky to come? Maybe something original?
    https://twitter.com/zdarsky/status/1...141947904?s=21
    I like Zdarsky and hope he stays as long as he wants.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Hope he can get to at least 50 issues. A significant milestone in this day and age.

I like Zdarsky too but keep him with Chechetto. I don’t care if they need to have some gaps in shipping if it means we get his art every issue. It’s always stings when an issue is done by another artist and it lacks the quality/energy of the main one. Especially if something big happens in it.