Page 21 of 162 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I like Zdarsky too but keep him with Chechetto. I don’t care if they need to have some gaps in shipping if it means we get his art every issue. It’s always stings when an issue is done by another artist and it lacks the quality/energy of the main one. Especially if something big happens in it.
    Absolutely.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Issue 1-10 if Zdarsky's run are bundled together on Comixology.

Daredevil 29 variants

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Hope he can get to at least 50 issues. A significant milestone in this day and age.
    One can hope.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 03-17-2021 at 04:45 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Just beautiful.

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vitaminbee View Post
    I like Zdarsky too but keep him with Chechetto. I don’t care if they need to have some gaps in shipping if it means we get his art every issue. It’s always stings when an issue is done by another artist and it lacks the quality/energy of the main one. Especially if something big happens in it.
    Yes, I absolutely agree.

Daredevil commission by thai スバル@tshakw:

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Speaking of various trade paperback collections, I'm reading the Truth/Dare trade. They include the Mike Murdock Annual, which makes sense. That being said, they put it after the first issue (when Matt turns himself in). The problem is, in the story, Daredevil tells Mike that he's out on bond, which spoils whether he'd get bond in the following issue. But the following issue has the cliffhanger with Kirsten appearing that's followed up immediately after.

I wonder if the best place to have put the issue is after 23. Issue 23 ends with the cliffhanger of Mike Murdock pretending to be Matt Murdock. Those who are reading this book not having read Soule's run would have a WTF moment where "Matt" and Daredevil are in the same room. Those who have read Soule's run but are reading Zdarsky's run for the first time in trade would know it's Mike but not yet realize he's a "real boy." Either way, it seems like putting the annual after would enhance the surprise without undercutting Mike's appearance rather than spoil anything by putting him before.

It's a minor point overall and it's obviously too late to change it for the trade. But maybe the Omnibus could take this into account. Does anyone have any thoughts?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

DAREDEVIL #31
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • MARCO CHECCHETTO (A/C)
    SPIDER-MAN VILLAINS VARIANT COVER BY GREG LAND
    THE DAREDEVIL ISSUE YOU CANNOT MISS!
    Chip Zdarsky, Marco Checchetto and all their collaborators have redefined the life of the Man Without Fear. IN THIS ISSUE, they do it all over again and, what’s more, they go a step further and UP THE ANTE!
    WILSON FISK’s gambit from the past few months risks upending his life and tenure as mayor!
    Meanwhile, MATT MURDOCK has to fend off a prison full of inmates who all want DAREDEVIL dead…and the inmates aren’t the only ones!
    This, as Elektra fends for herself as a DAREDEVIL all her own, fighting to protect Hell’s Kitchen…and leaving herself vulnerable in the process!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

An alternate universe Daredevil in:

HEROES REBORN: AMERICAN KNIGHTS #1
    PAUL GRIST (W) • CHRISTOPHER ALLEN (A) • Cover by CHRIS SPROUSE
    Variant Cover by DECLAN SHALVEY
    BACKED BY THE SQUADRON SUPREME, COMMISSIONER CAGE THINKS HE’S BULLETPROOF. HE’S DEAD WRONG.
    And it’ll take a Saint to prove it. Someone is cleaning up criminals who’ve escaped justice – and leaving a bloody trail in their wake. This is the Squadron’s world, and the age of vigilantes is over. Police Commissioner Luke Cage has one job: Find the scum and eliminate them – before ambition takes them beyond the city streets.
    40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Rated T+ …$4.99

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    DAREDEVIL #31
    Chip Zdarsky, Marco Checchetto and all their collaborators have redefined the life of the Man Without Fear. IN THIS ISSUE, they do it all over again and, what’s more, they go a step further and UP THE ANTE!
    WILSON FISK’s gambit from the past few months risks upending his life and tenure as mayor!
    Meanwhile, MATT MURDOCK has to fend off a prison full of inmates who all want DAREDEVIL dead…and the inmates aren’t the only ones!
    This, as Elektra fends for herself as a DAREDEVIL all her own, fighting to protect Hell’s Kitchen…and leaving herself vulnerable in the process!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I am so happy that Checchetto is still on interiors! And that is an interesting cover to say the least. What does it mean?
    Last edited by Nanashi; 03-18-2021 at 11:48 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Speaking of various trade paperback collections, I'm reading the Truth/Dare trade. They include the Mike Murdock Annual, which makes sense. That being said, they put it after the first issue (when Matt turns himself in). The problem is, in the story, Daredevil tells Mike that he's out on bond, which spoils whether he'd get bond in the following issue. But the following issue has the cliffhanger with Kirsten appearing that's followed up immediately after.

I wonder if the best place to have put the issue is after 23. Issue 23 ends with the cliffhanger of Mike Murdock pretending to be Matt Murdock. Those who are reading this book not having read Soule's run would have a WTF moment where "Matt" and Daredevil are in the same room. Those who have read Soule's run but are reading Zdarsky's run for the first time in trade would know it's Mike but not yet realize he's a "real boy." Either way, it seems like putting the annual after would enhance the surprise without undercutting Mike's appearance rather than spoil anything by putting him before.

It's a minor point overall and it's obviously too late to change it for the trade. But maybe the Omnibus could take this into account. Does anyone have any thoughts?
    I thought the order of the issues was fine myself.

Daredevil by Dan Panosian

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    DAREDEVIL #31
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Any idea who is doing the main cover? It reminds me a lot of Romita Jr's work from the Nocenti run when Daredevil goes to hell.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Any idea who is doing the main cover? It reminds me a lot of Romita Jr's work from the Nocenti run when Daredevil goes to hell.
    It’s Checchetto.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair