Page 27 of 162 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Yes, I agree, someone else would have been more original. Soule did a great job on bringing in some new characters. Waid was pretty good in bringing older almost forgotten characters.
    Definitely. This run is good for what it is but what it is is recycled ideas that were already done very well. Apparently even what is being done with Elektra and the girl is nothing new. The brazenness of it is off-putting.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 04-16-2021 at 04:40 PM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Incredible Member

I just ordered a couple of DD-related books for a decent price:
    Weapon Lost I figured since this stars DD it might be somewhat interesting. I actually picked up all 4 miniseries cuz I figured why not. They were less than 10 euro/book.
    Marvel Knights This is the run from 2000.I don't know much about it but I looked at some previews and it seemed interesting.
    DD Masterworks vol 1 I don't like to double dip but this book was so cheap and I wanted to see what all the fuzz is about when it comes to this format.

WIP Daredevil and Elektra by Brian Level

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Definitely. This run is good for what it is but what it is is recycled ideas that were already done very well. Apparently even what is being done with Elektra and the girl is nothing new. The brazenness of it is off-putting.
    But by the same token, given the history between Elektra, Daredevil and Bullseye, how could it be anybody else?

Don't get me wrong, typically I'd be agreeing with you, anybody but Bullseye. I don't find him particularly interesting, and he's often used poorly to my mind. Ordinarily I'd be saying please give us something different. But Elektra has put on a Daredevil costume. Bullseye is intrinsically tied to the history of both in a way that can't be simply ignored. I would hope that Zdarsky isn't just going to retread familiar ground, and that's always a danger in situations like this. Absolutely. It could be we all sit here afterwards and complain about much more of the same we just sat through. But I'm not sure you can put Elektra in that outfit and then not push Bullseye into her path at least once. Better to get it over with right from the jump, and hopefully with something interesting to say about the entire endeavor.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    But by the same token, given the history between Elektra, Daredevil and Bullseye, how could it be anybody else?

Don't get me wrong, typically I'd be agreeing with you, anybody but Bullseye. I don't find him particularly interesting, and he's often used poorly to my mind. Ordinarily I'd be saying please give us something different. But Elektra has put on a Daredevil costume. Bullseye is intrinsically tied to the history of both in a way that can't be simply ignored. I would hope that Zdarsky isn't just going to retread familiar ground, and that's always a danger in situations like this. Absolutely. It could be we all sit here afterwards and complain about much more of the same we just sat through. But I'm not sure you can put Elektra in that outfit and then not push Bullseye into her path at least once. Better to get it over with right from the jump, and hopefully with something interesting to say about the entire endeavor.
    All this run has been doing, in large part, is tread familiar ground (albeit done exceptionally well) with this being yet the latest example of just that all the more considering Bullseye was used in this very run already only a few issues ago. This would have been the perfect opportunity to introduce a new character or someone unexpected or someone who hasn’t appeared for some time maybe even from Elektra’s past. I can’t express how predictable and disappointing the reveal was. I wanted anything but that and that’s exactly what was done. I have no excitement at all for this. Just apathy.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 04-17-2021 at 07:03 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Daredevil by Colin Cramer:

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I just ordered a couple of DD-related books for a decent price:
    Weapon Lost I figured since this stars DD it might be somewhat interesting. I actually picked up all 4 miniseries cuz I figured why not. They were less than 10 euro/book.
    Marvel Knights This is the run from 2000.I don't know much about it but I looked at some previews and it seemed interesting.
    DD Masterworks vol 1 I don't like to double dip but this book was so cheap and I wanted to see what all the fuzz is about when it comes to this format.
    I enjoyed Weapon Lost. Very good. They should really have included it in the upcoming Daredevil by Charles Soule Omnibus.

Marvel Knights isn't bad. Daredevil isn't in every issue, but he's one of the main players.

Marvel Masterworks are the crème de la crème when it comes to reproduction quality and also presentation with quality paper and top quality binding. One of my only qualms is that I wish they were oversized. Some of the very early Vol. 1 printings may have some miscolouring. I have all fourteen Daredevil volumes with Vol. 15 pre-ordered.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I enjoyed Weapon Lost. Very good. They should really have included it in the upcoming Daredevil by Charles Soule Omnibus.

Marvel Knights isn't bad. Daredevil isn't in every issue, but he's one of the main players.

Marvel Masterworks are the crème de la crème when it comes to reproduction quality and also presentation with quality paper and top quality binding. One of my only qualms is that I wish they were oversized. Some of the very early Vol. 1 printings may have some miscolouring. I have all fourteen Daredevil volumes with Vol. 15 pre-ordered.
    Oh I see. This is a new printing (don't know from which year though) so hopefully the colors are alright.
    I don't plan on getting more MMW, but if I find more volumes in the same price range I might consider replacing my Essentials with them.
    Last edited by gohei_; 04-17-2021 at 12:40 AM.

Marvel Knights (2000) is Highly Recommended! With a creative team of Dixon/Barreto/Janson, you definitely can't go wrong (IMHO):

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Marvel Knights (2000) is Highly Recommended! With a creative team of Dixon/Barreto/Janson, you definitely can't go wrong (IMHO):

Oh yeah I Really enjoyed Dixons work on the Tim Drake Robin series.

Oh yeah I Really enjoyed Dixons work on the Tim Drake Robin series.
    Dixon also wrote one of the best DC/Marvel crossover classics in comic-book history...

Punisher VS. Batman

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-17-2021 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Really good issue! I’m very disappointed in who the person turned out to be who Fisk was seeking in the last issue since I was hoping for someone not so predictable and stale at this point (I’m sure someone behind the scenes is aware Daredevil has enemies other than Fisk and the revealed character, right?), but other than that I must say I liked this issue quite a bit. Really good stuff all around.
    Daredevil definitely need new adversaries because there seems to be a repetitive cycle in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero View Post
    Daredevil definitely need new adversaries because there seems to be a repetitive cycle in that regard.
    Yes. And if not new characters recent creations such as Ikari or Bruiser from Waids run would have been fitting and more interesting.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 04-18-2021 at 05:46 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Yes. And if not new characters recent creations such as Ikari or Bruiser from Waids run would have been fitting and more interesting.
    OMG! Ikari should definitely be brought back...

And Bruiser is another good choice (hopefully, fully recovered from his gruesome injury):
    Last edited by K7P5V; 07-01-2021 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.