Page 32 of 162 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    3 issues in, and it’s beautiful. I do like the new role that the Kingpin plays. The new cop is gorge. I hope we see him in other “street level” books. Not sure how I’m going to enjoy Matt’s current mental breakdown, but I’m sure it’ll be beautiful along the way.
    You are in for a treat.Read an arc at a time if not more.It is more rewarding that way.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Daredevil by Chris Thornley:

HEROES REBORN: AMERICAN KNIGHTS #1 variant cover by DECLAN SHALVEY:

Daredevil by Benjamin Tiesma:

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Daredevil by Chris Thornley:

That is simply stunning! Thanks for sharing.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Not a bad issue today. I liked it well enough. Not as much Matt as I’d like but Elektra got a nice fight scene drawn by Checchetto so that was cool. But did Elektra have to take the kid to the club? I mean...where is the sense in that? Because she whip a stick around a bit? All that said I simply can’t shake the feeling of “been there, done that” with this run. In addition to the obvious that’s been stated before (the prison for one), there’s Fisk and Typhoid Mary relationship, Elektra vs The Hand, Bullseye employed by Fisk (or maybe not exactly?) to take out Daredevil, “Daredevil” facing off with a crime boss who’s now just Kingpins kid, “Daredevil” training a sidekick, etc, etc. Ah well. Good stuff. Derivative, but good stuff nonetheless.

Incidentally, what’s with kids age? A few issues ago she was a teenager but know she’s clearly being drawn to be a very young child? Did Zdarsky literally change his idea for her from one issue to the next? WTF?
    Last edited by Nanashi; 05-19-2021 at 12:30 PM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Not a bad issue today. I liked it well enough. Not as much Matt as I’d like but Elektra got a nice fight scene drawn by Checchetto so that was cool. But did Elektra have to take the kid to the club? I mean...where is the sense in that? Because she whip a stick around a bit? All that said I simply can’t shake the feeling of “been there, done that” with this run. In addition to the obvious that’s been stated before (the prison for one), there’s Fisk and Typhoid Mary relationship, Elektra vs The Hand, Bullseye employed by Fisk (or maybe not exactly?) to take out Daredevil, “Daredevil” facing off with a crime boss who’s now just Kingpins kid, “Daredevil” training a sidekick, etc, etc. Ah well. Good stuff. Derivative, but good stuff nonetheless.

Incidentally, what’s with kids age? A few issues ago she was a teenager but know she’s clearly being drawn to be a very young child? Did Zdarsky literally change his idea for her from one issue to the next? WTF?
    I asked this in the Elektra thread, is Alice shrinking every issue because she looks about 10 now? Also there might be a continuity issue with Bullseye and how he's being used in Spider-Man.

Incredible Member

Good issue though not a fan of dual artists. Gimme Checchetto all the way.
    One thing I hope is that xxxx's talk with Matt in the prison bus actually sinks in and is utilized from a story perspective.
    Not only will it make the story take a different turn from what's come before, it will make Matt less annoying.

Yes, I also noticed the shrinking Alice issue. It's weird. I was thinking that Checchetto may have "messed" up. Also, when Elektra was fighting the big Hand goon, at one moment when he gets shot, he just seemed way too big. The perspectives seem to be off.

I'm not too keen on the Elektra-Alice situation. The training panels are copied straight out of the Man Without Fear mini-series by Miller and Romita Jr where Stick was training a young Matt. The building jumping scene is a xerox copy. Maybe that's why Checchetto shrunk Alice, in order to make it an identical comparison?

It's great that Cole is back. I quite like the Matt prison part, just not Hawthorne's art.

The manwithoutfear.com boards are absolutely brutal if you guys never checked them out. And I thought I might have been harsh.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Who brought Matt to a hospital if the warden himself wants him dead?
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

The manwithoutfear.com boards are absolutely brutal if you guys never checked them out. And I thought I might have been harsh.
    I checked them out. There is some pretty heavy hate there. Someone made a good point, that maybe Zdarsky was more focused on writing Batman and to only stick with sidekicks when writing Batman.

Who brought Matt to a hospital if the warden himself wants him dead?
    That's a good point. One minute the warden is declaring him dead, the next he's in the clear surrounded by allies. Maybe it will be explained later, unless they messed up and left something out. Maybe Zdarsky's being absent minded writing for DC and others?

Extraordinary Member

Solicits are out.
    i am guessing the killer is bullseye.
    Matt with anger drugs in prison seems like a ploy to make him look bad.
    Elektra vs bullseye 123572.o coming up

DAREDEVIL #33
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • MARCO CHECCHETTO (A/C)
    MARVEL GAMES VARIANT COVER BY NETEASE
    “LOCKDOWN” CONTINUES!
    Elektra faces her greatest challenge as DAREDEVIL yet, as a serial killer is on the loose in Manhattan and killing innocent people.
    But even the deadliest assassin in the Marvel Universe is at somewhat of a loss, because this killer can be in more than one place at one time. A team? A mutant? Or something else entirely? Whoever or whatever they are, they have a thirst for blood, and Elektra will put herself directly in their sights!
    PLUS: Matt Murdock faces challenges of his own in prison after being exposed to a dangerous and experimental compound called RE-CID that makes those subjected to it more aggressive and violent. Whatever happens, one thing is certain — Daredevil isn’t getting time off for good behavior…
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

DAREDEVIL BY CHIP ZDARSKY VOL. 6: DOING TIME PART ONE TPB
    Written by CHIP ZDARSKY
    Penciled by MARCO CHECCHETTO & MIKE HAWTHORNE
    Cover by MARCO CHECCHETTO
    A new Daredevil rises to protect Hell’s Kitchen! Matt Murdock is in jail — but while he’s serving his time in his masked guise, his home is left without a guardian devil. That is, until Elektra Natchios takes it upon herself to protect Murdock’s neighborhood — and his legacy! But the new Daredevil has her work cut out for her: Wilson Fisk remains seated as New York’s mayor with Typhoid Mary, the Owl, Hammerhead and other lethal villains at his beck and call — and that’s before Knull, the terrifying King in Black, plunges the world into darkness! Elektra may be in over her head for the first time in her life — while Matt must find the strength to continue the fight as all hell breaks loose in prison! Collecting DAREDEVIL (2019) #26-32.
    160 PGS./Rated T+ …$24.99
    ISBN: 978-1-302-92609-0
    Trim size: 6-5/8 x 10-3/16