Page 46 of 162 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696146 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Well, I think it would be great if Checchetto was the regular artist i.e. he draws every issue. If not, I would love to see Lee Weeks back on Daredevil or someone like Butch Guice or possibly Steve Epting.
    Chip was interviewed on NMC a while back and he was asked about a potential Batman/DD crossover series, and he mentioned if that were ever to happen he would love to have Lee Weeks on art.

Well, I think it would be great if Checchetto was the regular artist i.e. he draws every issue. If not, I would love to see Lee Weeks back on Daredevil or someone like Butch Guice or possibly Steve Epting.
    As it happens I think Stefano Landini may be the ongoing artist to fill in for Checchetto since he was recently solicited and his style is similar to Checchetto’s and he was the artist during the Mayor Fisk arc during Soule’s run. Butch Giuce would do nicely too. He did a good Daredevil vs Winter Soldier fight during the latter’s solo series.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 06-26-2021 at 03:40 PM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Personally, I wouldn't mind if Michael Lark returned...

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Chip was interviewed on NMC a while back and he was asked about a potential Batman/DD crossover series, and he mentioned if that were ever to happen he would love to have Lee Weeks on art.
    Agreed. Lee Weeks would be a HUGE get (IMHO):

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    As it happens I think Stefano Landini may be the ongoing artist to fill in for Checchetto since he was recently solicited and his style is similar to Checchetto’s and he was the artist during the Mayor Fisk arc during Soule’s run. Butch Giuce would do nicely too. He did a good Daredevil vs Winter Soldier fight during the latter’s solo series.
    In agreement with you about Butch. Still love his run on...

Winter Soldier
    (2012)

Last edited by K7P5V; 06-26-2021 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

This is good to know. Lee Weeks' art on both Batman and Daredevil has been noticed by Zdarsky and that means Lee Weeks will have his vote if Daredevil needs a new artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Landini isn't bad at all but I'm not a fan. I wouldn't say he's too similar to Checchetto. His art seems a little "computery", not too natural at times, I can't quite put my finger on it. Personally, I wouldn't want him on Daredevil long term.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't mind if Michael Lark returned...

Agreed. Lee Weeks would be a HUGE get (IMHO):

In agreement with you about Butch. Still love his run on...

Winter Soldier
    (2012)

YES, YES, YES!

Fantastic art all around.

Incredible Member

This is good to know. Lee Weeks' art on both Batman and Daredevil has been noticed by Zdarsky and that means Lee Weeks will have his vote if Daredevil needs a new artist.
    Regarding Lee Weeks, I actually picked up the Dark Nights trade a while back. Am I right in assuming the stories are stand-alone?

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Is Lee Weeks still doing pencils regularly?
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Regarding Lee Weeks, I actually picked up the Dark Nights trade a while back. Am I right in assuming the stories are stand-alone?
    Yes, they are all stand-alones. The Lee Weeks story is my all-time favourite Daredevil story and takes place sometime after Brubaker's run, not sure when. The second one by David Lapham isn't bad and takes place during Waid's run as Kirsten is in it. The final story by Jimmy Palmiotti and Thony Silas has to be one of the worst (bottom 3 definitely) Daredevil stories I have ever read and the art is not great. I'm curious, once you read them, as to your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    Is Lee Weeks still doing pencils regularly?
    Maybe not super regularly but he did several issues on Tom King's Batman run.

Maybe not super regularly but he did several issues on Tom King's Batman run.
    Those issues are stunning with much praise to Elizabeth Breitweiser’s colors.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Daredevil vs Gladiator by Justin Joines

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Incredible Member

Yes, they are all stand-alones. The Lee Weeks story is my all-time favourite Daredevil story and takes place sometime after Brubaker's run, not sure when. The second one by David Lapham isn't bad and takes place during Waid's run as Kirsten is in it. The final story by Jimmy Palmiotti and Thony Silas has to be one of the worst (bottom 3 definitely) Daredevil stories I have ever read and the art is not great. I'm curious, once you read them, as to your opinion.
    I just got done with the Weeks story, I'll probably read the other 2 tomorrow.
    All I can say is wow, these 3 issues were great. This is such a good representation of who DD is, and the art was perfect for this story. Really glad I got this book.

Daredevil by John Howard: