Page 47 of 162 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

New issue today at last! Anyone wondering if it’ll actually address how Matt survived the stabbing to end up in a hospital considering the warden himself set up that very hit?
    Last edited by Nanashi; 06-30-2021 at 06:49 AM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

I can’t say I didn’t enjoy this months issue. I liked it. The scene with Matt and the warden was a highlight. Given all that, I can’t help this feeling of staleness. I’m about ready for Matt get out prison (and not only because it’s been done very recently and to great acclaim) and for the Alice/Elektra stuff to come to an end and move away from endlessly recycled villains like Bullseye (even a hallucinating Bullseye has been done already) and Kingpin for someone new or someone unused for quite some time like Mr. Fear. But this nothing I haven’t said before. And Matt somehow recovering in a hospital after being stabbed even though warden himself was behind that incident is not addressed. There’s a huge plot hole that doesn’t seem like it will be resolved. Too bad. Again, enjoyable for what it is but what it is is very uninspired.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-01-2021 at 07:35 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

What villains would people like to see? While I love Fisk and Bullseye (I can take or leave Mary), I can see how people would be sick of them. My personal picks would be Tombstone, The Matador, and The Enforcers, mostly because I loved how Brubaker used them during his run.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    What villains would people like to see? While I love Fisk and Bullseye (I can take or leave Mary), I can see how people would be sick of them. My personal picks would be Tombstone, The Matador, and The Enforcers, mostly because I loved how Brubaker used them during his run.
    Practically anyone other than Kingpin and Bullseye would do well at this point.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Practically anyone other than Kingpin and Bullseye would do well at this point.
    Names, please! Paint me a picture!
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

I'd bring in Bloody Lips from Elektra's ongoing by Blackman and Del Mundo or a still Hand corrupted Nina McCabe from her nineties run. Chastity McBride fro Eleltra:Assassin would be cool but I dont know what context she could be used in.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

I can’t say I didn’t enjoy this months issue. I liked it. The scene with Matt and the warden was a highlight. Given all that, I can’t help this feeling of staleness. I’m about ready for Matt get out prison (and not only because it’s been done very recently and to great acclaim) and for the Alice/Elektra stuff to come to an end and move away from endlessly recycled villains like Bullseye (even a hallucinating Bullseye has been done already) and Kingpin for someone new or someone unused for quite some time like Mr. Fear. But this nothing I haven’t said before. And Matt somehow recovering in a hospital after being stabbed even though warden himself was behind that incident is not addressed. There’s a huge plot hole that doesn’t seem like it will be resolved. Too bad. Again, enjoyable for what it is but what it is is very uninspired.
    After a quick first read, I'm inclined to agree with you. I'm getting a little tired of the Elektra/Alice situation. At least Hawthorne seems to draw Alice at normal size again. Also the disagreements with Marcus are getting annoying. Matt is experienced/"mature" enough to not go off the handle like that. An overall ok issue, only because of the interaction with the warden which was surprising but very good.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Daredevil and Elektra by manashishankashyapart@MIKashyap:

Names, please! Paint me a picture!
    Ikari comes to mind. As does the aforementioned Mr. Fear.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

While I wasn't necessarily a fan of Waid's run, I always did like the idea of Ikiri. As for Mr. Fear, for whatever reason I could never get into him. His was one of the only arcs during Brubaker's run that I felt ran too long and that I didn't care for.

While I wasn't necessarily a fan of Waid's run, I always did like the idea of Ikiri. As for Mr. Fear, for whatever reason I could never get into him. His was one of the only arcs during Brubaker's run that I felt ran too long and that I didn't care for.
    It’s been quite some time since so I think a reemergence of Mr Fear could be interesting especially considering that he essentially got away with what he did to Milla.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-01-2021 at 03:32 PM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Extraordinary Member

It’s been quite some time since so I think a reemergence of Mr Fear could be interesting especially considering that he essentially got away with what he did to Milla.
    This is true. Maybe if his arc would be a little shorter this time around I might be more open about it.

Indeed. The return of Ikari is long overdue (IMHO):

As for my other choices, I'd be interested in Bruiser making a comeback...

And if things start to get "cosmic" again, Ru'ach would then be a preferable adversary (IMHO):

Last edited by K7P5V; 07-01-2021 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. The return of Ikari is long overdue (IMHO):

As for my other choices, I'd be interested in Bruiser making a comeback...

And if things start to get "cosmic" again, Ru'ach would then be a preferable adversary (IMHO):

I’ve mentioned Bruiser before, too.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

I’ve mentioned Bruiser before, too.
    Indeed you have, Nanashi. Truly an inspired pick (IMHO ):