Page 5 of 162 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Continuing my reread and I’ve just got through “Without Fear” by Brubaker. I liked it and appreciated the revamp of Mr Fear. Surprised he never came back.

Does anyone know if Lily Lucca returned in any shape or form?
    Maybe during Waid's run or Soule's? Admittedly, I skipped the former and only peaked my head in every once in awhile during the latter. I know for a fact she never appeared during Diggle's or Zdarsky's so far. I wouldn't mind seeing her return, though, although it's hard to imagine DD's life getting anymore complicated at the moment.
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Continuing my reread and I’ve just got through “Without Fear” by Brubaker. I liked it and appreciated the revamp of Mr Fear. Surprised he never came back.

I believe it was a one-off for her in Brubaker's run. AFAIK, she has not resurfaced anywhere to this day.

I think she inspired "Fatale". That was one of Brubaker's creator owned series with a similar character.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I think she inspired "Fatale". That was one of Brubaker's creator owned series with a similar character.
    Yeah, I picked up those vibes too as I was reading it this time.

I wouldn’t be opposed to her coming back into Daredevils world. She bounced off with Foggy well and it was interesting figuring out who’s side she was on.

DAREDEVIL #25 2nd printing ratio design variant by MARCO CHECCHETTO has some changes from the solicited image:

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Stunnsational!!!
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

DAREDEVIL #29
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • MARCO CHECCHETTO (A/C)
    REBORN VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    THE TRUTH IS FINALLY OUT: ELEKTRA IS DAREDEVIL!
    Having taken up the cowl and the club in Matt Murdock’s absence, Elektra, the deadliest assassin in the Marvel Universe, has a long road ahead as she works to protect the legacy of The Man Without Fear!
    OLD FOES! NEW FACES! LOST LOVES! After the past six months, just imagine what secrets superstar creators Chip Zdarsky & Marcho Checchetto have up their sleeves!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I see that Elektra's sais have blunt edges now. Is she trying for somewhat less lethal tactics now or not really?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I see that Elektra's sais have blunt edges now. Is she trying for somewhat less lethal tactics now or not really?
    Yeah, as Daredevil she's suppressing her normal instinct to kill (we'll see how long she can go before slipping up!)

Daredevil by Dan Panosian:

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason although, to be honest, it's closer to how sais actually work. They're not actually intended for stabbing.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Daredevil by Mike McKone:

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Just finished my Brubaker reread now. Going to call it quits there as I don’t want to get into Shadowland again.

Enjoyed it this time round and the Lady Bullseye/Return of the King storyline was far better than I ever remembered it. Think Brubaker really added to the new status quo that Bendis built. I kinda wish he had stayed on to see his take on where Matt would have gone now he was leader of The Hand, but I guess he felt his storyline was done. Logical step after Bendis revealing the identity was definitely Brubaker “removing” Matt Murdock.

It’s just a shame Shadowland came next, as Matts step toward the light have been so much better had it been handled differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Daredevil by Mike McKone:

Awesome sketch of the Man Without Fear. I'm not sure why but it reminds of Alex Maleev drawings during that Iconic run with Bendis. But it might be just me tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    DAREDEVIL #29
    CHIP ZDARSKY (W) • MARCO CHECCHETTO (A/C)
    REBORN VARIANT COVER BY TBA
    THE TRUTH IS FINALLY OUT: ELEKTRA IS DAREDEVIL!
    Having taken up the cowl and the club in Matt Murdock’s absence, Elektra, the deadliest assassin in the Marvel Universe, has a long road ahead as she works to protect the legacy of The Man Without Fear!
    OLD FOES! NEW FACES! LOST LOVES! After the past six months, just imagine what secrets superstar creators Chip Zdarsky & Marcho Checchetto have up their sleeves!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

So I'm loving this run as well as this direction with Daredevil. However I am hoping and praying that there will be some interaction betwn Elektra and Spider-Man. BC you know Daredevil and Spidey are best pals right LOL! So surely the 'New' Daredevil will get along just fine with him. Probably not tho.