Page 51 of 162 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Daredevil/Elektra by Bill Sienkiewicz:

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    DD S2 was definitely the weaker if all 3 seasons but still outshone Luke Cage. DD S3 was outstanding and is the best season of all the Netflix Marvel seasons and puts Daredevil at probably No. 1 in my Top 3 all time favourite Marvel series alongside The Gifted and The Incredible Hulk (Bixby/Ferrigno).
    Interesting. Did you find that the Kingpin's return to power in S3 was unexplained / unrealistic?

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    Interesting. Did you find that the Kingpin's return to power in S3 was unexplained / unrealistic?
    Maybe not so much unexplained as unrealistic. I maybe wasn't a fan of how they did this but the plusses far outweigh the negatives of the series. I appreciated the depth to characters such as Poindexter, Ray Nadeem and Foggy to name a few. The action was fantastic and the whole story was pretty well glued together. There was very good closure at the end. Also, the violence wasn't as over the top as the first two seasons. The whole "cooperation" with Kingpin was similar in a way to what they did with Baron Zemo in F&WS which I actually disliked. Barnes and Wilson didn't have to use Zemo to get what they wanted, it just didn't fit in character.

Daredevil head-sketch for @CoffeeHeroes1 by Declan Shalvey:

That's a shame you didn't like it. I thought it was very good with some excellent moments and it happens to be one of my favourite Daredevil runs. I do dislike the last arc which ended the series and found that inconsequential and very rushed. From what I remember, Soule mentioned that he had one more story to tell. IMHO, Soule did a great job overall and was very creative.

Yes, sacrilege
    Waid has also said he another DD story in him. If the stars align just right one can only hope Waid and Soule would be up for returning for DD 700 with Samnee (or Rivera) and Garney, respectively, although that may be pushing it too much to want the artists to return as well but wouldn’t that make for an absolutely incredible anniversary issue in addition to whatever else they decide to throw in if anything.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

I thought DD S1'was good but the episodes could drag on and they really should have fitted it all in 10 episodes maximum, similarly to S2.

Fantastic fight scene. Pure genius.

DD S2 was definitely the weaker if all 3 seasons but still outshone Luke Cage. DD S3 was outstanding and is the best season of all the Netflix Marvel seasons and puts Daredevil at probably No. 1 in my Top 3 all time favourite Marvel series alongside The Gifted and The Incredible Hulk (Bixby/Ferrigno).
    This scene is another favorite from season 3 but very flawed in that DD should have never been caught by that one agent the way he was. Still, I liked how they showed how stealthily he can move and how quietly he can take someone down.

Last edited by Nanashi; 07-10-2021 at 06:52 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Speaking of Soule’s run, my appreciation for it has only grown considering how laughably derivative the current run has become.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 07-10-2021 at 08:35 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Maybe not so much unexplained as unrealistic. I maybe wasn't a fan of how they did this but the plusses far outweigh the negatives of the series. I appreciated the depth to characters such as Poindexter, Ray Nadeem and Foggy to name a few. The action was fantastic and the whole story was pretty well glued together. There was very good closure at the end. Also, the violence wasn't as over the top as the first two seasons. The whole "cooperation" with Kingpin was similar in a way to what they did with Baron Zemo in F&WS which I actually disliked. Barnes and Wilson didn't have to use Zemo to get what they wanted, it just didn't fit in character.
    Season 3 was as close to actually portraying an accurate Kingpin the show has ever gotten and the show has never really gotten close. They essentially created their own character they happened to name Wilson Fisk for the first two seasons.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Waid has also said he another DD story in him. If the stars align just right one can only hope Waid and Soule would be up for returning for DD 700 with Samnee (or Rivera) and Garney, respectively, although that may be pushing it too much to want the artists to return as well but wouldn’t that make for an absolutely incredible anniversary issue in addition to whatever else they decide to throw in if anything.
    Yes, Waid with Rivera, Soule and Garney and throw in Lee Weeks, that would be a pretty incredible issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    This scene is another favorite from season 3 but very flawed in that DD should have never been caught by that one agent the way he was. Still, I liked how they showed how stealthily he can move and how quietly he can take someone down.

You're not wrong.

Black Widow has some amazing shots indeed. Almost makes me want to watch the movie. Too bad that as she exits the MCU as Matt is making his debut in No Way Home. I wonder if anything would have been done with them together had Natasha continued on after End Game given their comic history and Matt now being apart of the MCU?

Last edited by Nanashi; 07-11-2021 at 04:16 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Yes, Waid with Rivera, Soule and Garney and throw in Lee Weeks, that would be a pretty incredible issue.
    Agreed. Joe Quesada would also be a great inclusion, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Agreed. Joe Quesada would also be a great inclusion, as well.

Yes, of course. Including Alex Maleev, Michael Lark and Stefano Gaudiano would also be great

Daredevil by Tom Reilly: