Page 70 of 162 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2426

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    I got those ones from art.com. It's like 8 years ago but I still had The reciept on my mail, the total cost was roughly 60 euros (including shipping) . The frames I bought from Ikea I think.
    I don't usually buy these things online but from what I can tell there is normally a few different sizes you can choose from.
    Not much info for you I am afriad.

By The way, the second one is the variant cover for issue 100 by Brubaker.
    Ah ok. Needless to say I’m thinking about getting one or two prints framed and mounted, too.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    Too bad. Sounds like you have a nice sized collection though.
    I posted my collection on the Collected Editions a few years back. I might post an updated pic later this year once I receive most of my pre-orders. There is of course a shelf dedicated to our man Matt. Once the Soule DD Omnibus and the Marvel Masterworks DD Vol. 15 arrive, I might post a couple of pics of my DD shelf.

Haha yeah, this was pretty early in our relationship so I think that's why she agreed lol. I have my own room now for all my books and stuff.
    That sounds super nice, I'm not really there yet but I would love to have a room where the walls are basically just books and books and books.
    Ah, but you have a room for yourself The library in our house is shared between myself and my wife. My two sons, however, have to ask permission to enter if they want to borrow a book, board game or movie. My comics are slowly taking up half the room. I had to buy some new shelves and move some books to the upstairs hall/corridor.

It's these 2. They aren't up on the wall currently. I did a quick google just now and can't really find a source for the second painting, it could be just a standalone piece or a variant cover. Either way, I love them. They are roughly 70x50cm, so pretty big boys.

Attachment 112295
    Very cool. There are so many fantastic Daredevil covers to enlarge and frame

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    Ah, but you have a room for yourself The library in our house is shared between myself and my wife. My two sons, however, have to ask permission to enter if they want to borrow a book, board game or movie. My comics are slowly taking up half the room. I had to buy some new shelves and move some books to the upstairs hall/corridor.
    That is my dream. To have a room dedicated to my books, comics, art and music. Some day it shall happen.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

May I ask where you guys buy those and are they called prints or posters or both when searching? Is eBay a good spot to find them? And do you choose the size you want or are they all generally the same size? And what about prices or does that depend? And framing? Do you buy them framed or do you do that separately? And when all is said and done what is the total cost?
    I have two very large Marvel oversized framed "pictures". The 70th Anniversary Marvel covers one was purchased in TK Max (TJ Max in the US) by my sister IINM. The other Spider-Man cover was purchased in a used /second-hand furniture store in my hometown Halifax in the UK. There were various SA/BA Spidey covers, no idea where the store owner got them from.

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    That is my dream. To have a room dedicated to my books, comics, art and music. Some day it shall happen.
    Don't stop dreaming. It will happen

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Has Daredevil ever had an event surrounding him? Seems like DD and the FF are the only two of Marvel's major titles that haven't had a massive crossover event.
    The Shadowland event is completely and comprehensively covered in s set of separate trades or the Daredevil: Shadowland Omnibus which collects:

Daredevil Vol. 2 #501-512; Dark Reign: The List - Daredevil #1; Shadowland #1-5; Shadowland: Elektra #1; Shadowland: Bullseye #1; Shadowland: Ghost Rider #1; Shadowland: Spider-Man #1;Shadowland: Moon Knight #1-3; Shadowland: Blood on the Streets #1-4; Shadowland: Daughters of the Dragon #1-3; Shadowland: Power Man #1-4; Thunderbolts (1997) #148-149; Shadowland: After the Fall #1; Daredevil: Reborn #1-4

Written by Andy Diggle, Antony Johnston, Zeb Wells, John Layman, Rob Williams, Dan Slott, Gregg Hurwit, Jason Henderson, Fred Van Lente, and Jeff Parker. Art by Billy Tan, Roberto De La Torre, Marco Checchetto, Emma Rios, Sean Chen, Clayton Crain, Paulo Siqueira, Bongo Dazo, Wellinton Alves, Ivan Rodriguez, Mahmud Asrar, Declan Shalvey, and Davide Gianfelice. Covers by John Cassaday.and Billy Tan.

The Man Without Fear casts his shadow over the Marvel Universe! Daredevil has become the leader of the Hand - but instead of reforming the ninja clan, are they corrupting him? As Daredevil crosses a shocking line in battle with Bullseye, and sets up a stronghold in the midst of Hell's Kitchen, his former friends and allies - including Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Elektra and the Daughters of the Dragon - are determined to stop him. But can they save Daredevil's soul as New York City crumbles under the weight of his new order?

It carries straight on from the Brubaker run and is not the best of events. Personally, I thought it wasn't bad and has some decent art throughout. I've read worse events and worse Daredevil stories. I would say it's a must for any Daredevil completionist.

I got those ones from art.com. It's like 8 years ago but I still had The reciept on my mail, the total cost was roughly 60 euros (including shipping) . The frames I bought from Ikea I think.
    I don't usually buy these things online but from what I can tell there is normally a few different sizes you can choose from.
    Not much info for you I am afriad.

By The way, the second one is the variant cover for issue 100 by Brubaker.
    Fantastic cover drawn by LEE BERMEJO.

Incredible Member

Fantastic cover drawn by LEE BERMEJO.
    Yes. He has done some incredible DD and Spidey pieces. Not so fond of his Batman work though.

Incredible Member

Ah ok. Needless to say I’m thinking about getting one or two prints framed and mounted, too.
    Let us know how it turns out

Let us know how it turns out
    Oh sure! If I ever do, of course.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

The Shadowland event is completely and comprehensively covered in s set of separate trades or the Daredevil: Shadowland Omnibus which collects:

Daredevil Vol. 2 #501-512; Dark Reign: The List - Daredevil #1; Shadowland #1-5; Shadowland: Elektra #1; Shadowland: Bullseye #1; Shadowland: Ghost Rider #1; Shadowland: Spider-Man #1;Shadowland: Moon Knight #1-3; Shadowland: Blood on the Streets #1-4; Shadowland: Daughters of the Dragon #1-3; Shadowland: Power Man #1-4; Thunderbolts (1997) #148-149; Shadowland: After the Fall #1; Daredevil: Reborn #1-4

Written by Andy Diggle, Antony Johnston, Zeb Wells, John Layman, Rob Williams, Dan Slott, Gregg Hurwit, Jason Henderson, Fred Van Lente, and Jeff Parker. Art by Billy Tan, Roberto De La Torre, Marco Checchetto, Emma Rios, Sean Chen, Clayton Crain, Paulo Siqueira, Bongo Dazo, Wellinton Alves, Ivan Rodriguez, Mahmud Asrar, Declan Shalvey, and Davide Gianfelice. Covers by John Cassaday.and Billy Tan.

The Man Without Fear casts his shadow over the Marvel Universe! Daredevil has become the leader of the Hand - but instead of reforming the ninja clan, are they corrupting him? As Daredevil crosses a shocking line in battle with Bullseye, and sets up a stronghold in the midst of Hell's Kitchen, his former friends and allies - including Spider-Man, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, Elektra and the Daughters of the Dragon - are determined to stop him. But can they save Daredevil's soul as New York City crumbles under the weight of his new order?

It carries straight on from the Brubaker run and is not the best of events. Personally, I thought it wasn't bad and has some decent art throughout. I've read worse events and worse Daredevil stories. I would say it's a must for any Daredevil completionist.
    Shadowland had such potential I think another attempt at a Daredevil focused event is worthwhile. The execution is what made Shadowlands less than stellar. The premise was excellent.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-08-2021 at 10:47 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Shadowland had such potential I think another attempt at a Daredevil focused event is worthwhile. The execution is what made Shadowlands less than stellar. The premise was excellent.
    Maybe, though, I was never a fan of Daredevil taking over The Hand. It contradicted with who he was. I know why he did it but it still didn't make sense him leading something evil. Leading The Chaste and taking down The Hand, now that could be good

Maybe, though, I was never a fan of Daredevil taking over The Hand. It contradicted with who he was. I know why he did it but it still didn't make sense him leading something evil. Leading The Chaste and taking down The Hand, now that could be good
    Yea I get that for sure but I think the idea of Daredevil struggling to use an evil organization to do good is within character enough and far more interesting than him leading good guys to do good. Not to say I wouldn’t be all for Daredevil leading the Chaste, of course. And since they’re so rarely used, with what Zdarsky is setting up this seems like an opportune time to bring them back.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-08-2021 at 11:59 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair