Page 74 of 162 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2426

Quote Originally Posted by Raffi Ol D'Arcy View Post
    I've always felt that Bendis strongly favours Luke and Jessica, not so much Matt unless he's writing Daredevil's solo run.
    Unfortunately that may be true. There was an awesome issue of New Avengers Fear Itself wherein Daredevil singlehandedly took down some mechs and helped keep Luke and Jessica’s baby safe in Avengers Mansion. He was later asked to join the team and did but didn’t show up for issue or two afterwards. Again, that run ended soon after and before he did anything too impactful on the team, disappointingly.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-10-2021 at 06:22 PM.
    'In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act'
    - George Orwell

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities”
    - Voltair

Daredevil 650 is five issue away!
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Just randomly came across this pic and it’s by my favorite scene of all three seasons.

- George Orwell

- Voltair

Quote Originally Posted by Nanashi View Post
    What’s interesting about that is I don’t think they get along too well. Like I don’t think they’d have a drink together or anything like that. It’s usually strictly business between them I think.
    I thin they get along OK. They have that pride in each of them were no matter how many good friends they have around them that it' hard for them to swallow it.

One interaction that didn't go too well was in Superior Iron Man where Daredevil cottoned on to what an "evil" Stark was up to but Stark caused Matt to forget everything.
    Yeah. That was pretty screwed up how Superior Tony treated Matt. When he gave Matt his sight, did you guys want that to carry over to DD's book or it ended like how you guys wanted?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Unfortunately that may be true. There was an awesome issue of New Avengers Fear Itself wherein Daredevil singlehandedly took down some mechs and helped keep Luke and Jessica’s baby safe in Avengers Mansion. He was later asked to join the team and did but didn’t show up for issue or two afterwards. Again, that run ended soon after and before he did anything too impactful on the team, disappointingly.
    That was New Avengers (Vol. 2) #16. I bought that because of the Daredevil appearance and the following issue but he only featured on the cover of the latter. NA #16 was a very good issue with Daredevil as the main player and that's where Daredevil joined the Avengers.

Daredevil 650 is five issue away!
    I don't think that will be a major cause of celebration, more likely #700.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post

Yeah. That was pretty screwed up how Superior Tony treated Matt. When he gave Matt his sight, did you guys want that to carry over to DD's book or it ended like how you guys wanted?
    Not really. Matt had received his sight a couple of times before, so that wasn't a novelty. Daredevil wouldn't be Daredevil with his sight. I was more annoyed with the fact that Matt lost all memory of what happened and that he couldn't fully confront Tony on it and there was no real closure. I wonder if any writer will ever return to that story?

Btw, anyone reading Waid's Daredevil and are completists or want more Daredevil, wouldn't go wrong in reading the first arc of Superior Iron Man as this takes place during Waid's second run in San Francisco. I ended up picking up the first standard sized HC owhich collects issues #1-5. Daredevil appears in the first four issues.

Btw, anyone reading Waid's Daredevil and are completists or want more Daredevil, wouldn't go wrong in reading the first arc of Superior Iron Man as this takes place during Waid's second run in San Francisco. I ended up picking up the first standard sized HC owhich collects issues #1-5. Daredevil appears in the first four issues.

I might revisit this. I remember not being very impressed at the time. The scene at the end with Foggy was nice, though.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-11-2021 at 03:56 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

I don't think that will be a major cause of celebration, more likely #700.
    Since Zdarsky likely won’t stay on until 700 I do wonder if they’ll do something for 650 even if just an oversized issue for commemoration. I’d like to think Checchetto has been working on that all this time which is why he hasn’t been on the last several issues. Or not. I guess we’ll find out soon enough.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-11-2021 at 04:29 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Incredible Member

Regarding todays issue, spoilers:
    Bullseye clones you say? I have no real opinion on this right now. Could be interesting. The ending on the other hand? Not sure I would like an evil Matt right now, if that's what they're going for. Let's see what happens.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Regarding todays issue, spoilers:
    Bullseye clones you say? I have no real opinion on this right now. Could be interesting. The ending on the other hand? Not sure I would like an evil Matt right now, if that's what they're going for. Let's see what happens.
    end of spoilers
    Whoa! You got a copy already!
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Incredible Member

Whoa! You got a copy already!
    Digital baby! Comic book stores isn't Really a thing here so this is the most convenient way to get them.

Quote Originally Posted by gohei_ View Post
    Digital baby! Comic book stores isn't Really a thing here so this is the most convenient way to get them.
    Ah, right.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair

Hahahaha I absolutely started laughing out loud at that last page and what became of the prison explosion! Hahahaha please tell me I’m not the only ones who immediately thought of Shadowland!! Hahaha Oh my goodness.
    Last edited by Nanashi; 08-11-2021 at 05:53 AM.
    - George Orwell

- Voltair